Chinese Seaplane crashed during military drill!!!

shiphone

Country flag
6 crew in this case...this SH-5 crashed during the daily Training not so called drill...
some new pilot was doing the basic taking-off and landing ...the accident happened in the third sortie of this day...the plane impacted the water surface with an uncommon flight attitude(the rear part hit the water first heavily). the ariframe was broken into two parts and both parts sank immediately...the flight control of this model is a little different with the normal planes. the new pilot made a mistake in the final stage of landing...

---------------
this PLANAF unit has around 4 SH-5s whose average age of more than 30 years(first in 1976, the last was handed over in 1984)...PLANAF would keep this small unit until the replacement comes ---JiaoLong 600 (JL600) whose maiden flight might take place in 2014...

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag
@W.G.Ewald, do you think that the impact was bad enough to kill crew members, @shiphone, the seaplane doesn't look to have suffered much damage,

I would say that no crew members died, hope that everyone survived.

Plane doesn't seem to have broken into two pieces:

Is PRC overstating the accident??

Last edited by a moderator:

shiphone

Country flag
what you saw is an old pic, that's another small accident about 7-9 years ago...I'm afraid those pix might be earlier than the year when many military enthusiasts began to study military stuff. that's why some young member would mistake what they could find on the internet for some thing or case else .....that's a comprehensible mistake .LOL

we haven't see any pic or video about this accident, and I'm afraid we won't see any coz the broken parts sank too fast which left no time for the air crews to escape...on the following day, the wreckage has been refloated. and we have got the two names of the members.
there were 2 pilots ,1 engineer, 1 navigator, 1, sonar operator, 1, gun shooter. on this plane..

overstating? why should we?

Last edited:

The Last Stand

Country flag
what you saw is an old pic, that's another small accident about 7-9 years ago...I'm afraid those pix might be earlier than the year when many military enthusiasts began to study military stuff. that's why some young member would mistake what they could find on the internet for some thing or case else .....that's a comprehensible mistake .LOL

we haven't see any pic or video about this accident, and I'm afraid we won't see any coz the broken parts sank too fast which left no time for the air crews to escape...on the following day, the wreckage has been refloated. and we have got the two names of the members.
there were 2 pilots ,1 engineer, 1 navigator, 1, sonar operator, 1, gun shooter. on this plane..

overstating? why should we?
So those were images of older accident :okay:

As for overstating, I asked same question there. Sorry, my writing is obfuscated. :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@W.G.Ewald, do you think that the impact was bad enough to kill crew members, @shiphone, the seaplane doesn't look to have suffered much damage,

I would say that no crew members died, hope that everyone survived.
I agree with you. Unless the pilot died of shame. :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Global Defence

New threads

Articles