Chinese school bans campus romance

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
By Wang Xiaodong
China Daily/Asia News Network
Monday, Apr 30, 2012

A middle school in East China has issued a list of rules aimed at preventing puppy love among students.

In a recent notice, Yueqing Yucai School in Zhejiang province banned youngsters of the opposite sex from talking alone in secluded areas, such as in dark corners or under trees, and from giving each other expensive gifts.

Holding hands, hugging and kissing are strictly forbidden, while boys and girls are not allowed to walk side by side on the playground.

"We hope all of our students can stay rational and restrained when it comes to adolescent love so that they can be entirely devoted to their studies," the notice read.

It warned that falling in love at an early age disrupts academic study, can cause physiological and psychological harm, and produces no result.

Any student found breaking the rules will be punished and their parents will be informed.

"Puppy love is more prevalent these days and it's hard to deal with," Li Chunlian, director of the school's general office, told China Daily.

"We hope these rules will prevent students from being engaging in it too early."

Most parents with children at the school are in support of the new rules, according to Li, who added that many had been calling for measures to prevent adolescent romances.

"We also asked students for suggestions before devising the rules," she said.

"Some said they began their relationship after strolling with a classmate on the playground, that's why we added it into the rules."

Xiong Bingqi, deputy director of the 21st Century Education Research Institute, a non-governmental policy research group, however, said schools should guide students' behaviour, instead of simply trying to pose restrictions on their activities.

Chinese school bans campus romance

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
This is one of the the most beautiful parts of growing up.
I am shocked seeing this photo first. Havent they got any shame doing this in public, especially in classroom?.

dont the other students interfere or is this common in chinese schools, chinese members enlighten us.?

I am going to packup for China.. :laugh:

pmaitra

I am shocked seeing this photo first. Havent they got any shame doing this in public, especially in classroom?.

dont the other students interfere or is this common in chinese schools, chinese members enlighten us.?

I am going to packup for China.. :laugh:
Given an opportunity, anyone would do it.

Good or bad, I don't know. Just not being judgmental.

amoy

Puppy love nowadays is visible everywhere. Junior middle school students walking hand in hand, or hugging on a bike...

Rules once were rather rigid. College students may be disciplined or even dismissed if, for example found of staying overnight in the opposite-sex's dorm, a few years back... But now it goes to another extreme.

A bit disturbing when it comes to minors, who lack the "know-how".

Iamanidiot

Puppy love nowadays is visible everywhere. Junior middle school students walking hand in hand, or hugging on a bike...

Rules once were rather rigid. College students may be disciplined or even dismissed if, for example found of staying overnight in the opposite-sex's dorm, a few years back... But now it goes to another extreme.

A bit disturbing when it comes to minors, who lack the "know-how".
Romance at the high school level should not be encouraged

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Whatever,l but doing it in the classroom!

pmaitra

sir, one marriage is enough for a man's life.
But did not romance the pretty lasses when you were a young lad?

Ok, you can scold your children, but please, don't kill those innocent lovers. :)

satish007

But did not romance the pretty lasses when you were a young lad?

Ok, you can scold your children, but please, don't kill those innocent lovers. :)
ok, pamaitra, please correct my sentence directly, is that good sentence?
"One marriage in a lifetime is enough sir"
but I definitly need to kill. we don't allow that. all around the world's father don't allow that

Last edited:

pmaitra

ok, pamaitra, please correct my sentence directly, is that good sentence?
"One marriage in a lifetime is enough sir"
but I definitly need to kill. we don't allow that. all around the world's father don't allow that
:facepalm:

Sorry, I am not a great fan of killing anybody.

Love can move mountains!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles