Chinese public becoming increasingly hostile to the rest of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

nimo_cn

Country flag
When I was googling "India obsession China", I had some unexpected find-out.

Indian posters keep ridiculing Chinese preference for fairer skin, I almost thought Indians had a much more balanced aesthetics view on skin color. But guess what? I was totally wrong.

The Indian obsession with fairer skin sinks to a new low
The Indian obsession with fairer skin sinks to a new low

THE Indian obsession with fair skin has always been a distasteful phenomenon. The fairness cream industry is gigantic, with men as well as women lathering these silly potions on their faces to make their skin a few shades lighter.

Pregnant women in rural areas believe they will give birth to light-skinned babies if they consume lots of ''white'' dairy products such as milk, cream, yoghurt, and butter. Dark models and actresses struggle for work as their skin isn't regarded as desirable.

Now an Indian company has taken this bizarre self-hating obsession to a new level with a ''feminine'' hygiene product that not only promises to keep a woman's genitalia ''fresh'' but also lighten the skin around the vagina.
India’s obsession with white is big business
India's obsession with white is big business

It is being called "Snow White syndrome" in India, a market where sales of whitening creams are far outstripping those of Coca Cola and tea.

The implicit assumption by many is this: the whiter the skin, the more attractive you are. John Abraham, a top Indian actor and model, says that "Indian men want to look better".
Has India's Skin-Lightening Obsession Reached the Final Frontier? – News Watch
Has India's Skin-Lightening Obsession Reached the Final Frontier?

News Watch HomeBreaking OrbitDigital DiversityExplorers JournalWater CurrentsPop OmnivoreOcean ViewsWeird TalesVoice for Elephants Has India's Skin-Lightening Obsession Reached the Final Frontier?Posted by Dan Morrison of National Geographic News Correspondent on April 12, 2012 (15)
More »
It's not enough for Indian boys and girls to fear that they won't get a playmate or a spouse or a job because of their unsightly skin-tone. It's not enough that ads should tell women they need their underarm deodorant to include skin-lightening cream if they want to go sleeveless.

Now comes Clean and Dry "intimate wash," which promises women "protection, fairness and freshness" below the waistline. A new ad for the ph-balanced cleanser features an attractive young bride who lacks confidence around her husband, presumably because her vagina is too dark. After one splash of Clean and Dry, however, love blooms anew.
You guys are good at hiding your true feelings.

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
Chinese Teen Sells his Kidney for an iPad2 | Moral Low Ground
The Chinese youth of today have taken to rampant, American-style consumerism like nobody's business. Case in point: a 17-year-old boy identified only by his last name, Zheng, has admitted to selling his kidney so he could buy an iPad 2 tablet computer, a wildly popular status symbol among China's young and hip.
No one can copy Like China .. not even the originals...:pound:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
this is due to propangda of CCP's papers i read a news in those saying that indian women look UGLY and buy gold to hide their dark skin and uglyness
This is the very rumor that some self-hating Indian spread amongst themselves, if there is any stereotype, Indian girls as a whole are not considered as ugly but as exotically gorgeous bollywood dancers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Keep telling that to this guy : Yao Chun, CCP mouth piece..

from one of his articles..
Four overseas Chinese who live in San Fernando Valley, the United States were expelled by a white man when playing tennis in a public tennis court in a white neighborhood. The white man drove them with the excuse that he had occupied all the tennis court and some students would come to attend tennis class.
Chicom mouth piece :
Documentary: Girls living in US slum district - People's Daily Online
Music dream in slums - People's Daily Online
Crazy dance, sexy power in global Samba carnivals - People's Daily Online
Prejudice badly hurts overseas Chinese - People's Daily Online
China shifts its maritime strategy - People's Daily Online

--------------------
--------------------

Why not any article on China living in slums ?

nimo_cn

Country flag
this is due to propangda of CCP's papers i read a news in those saying that indian women look UGLY and buy gold to hide their dark skin and uglyness
I believe you are refering to this article published on People's Daily webside. If you mind, please read the original article before making your mind.

Indian beauties wearing gold jewelry
http://english.people.com.cn/90777/7925602.html

Edited and Translated by Yao Chun, People's Daily Online

Without gold nose ring, Indian women won't go out. Recently Indian government plans to issue "paper gold" that is to encourage people to purchase gold reserved in banks. Though buying "paper gold" doesn't mean you can really take physical gold in hand, many Indian still scramble for this, which reflects Indian affection and reliance for gold.

In India it will be considered impolite if women go out without any jewelry. Among all kinds of jewelry, Indians prefer gold ones. Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature. Indian women wearing gold earrings and necklaces can be spotted everywhere. Even those little girls who beg along the roadside with an unkempt appearance have a god nail in the nose.

In India it is also very common that men wear jewelry. Many Indian men wear three rings with large pieces of jewels on them. In wedding ceremony, parents usually choose gold ornaments as daughter's dowry, which not only set off the beauty of the daughter but can also serve as a kind of property in married life. Friends and relatives also present gold ornaments to show their blessings.

Because of the affection of Indian people towards gold jewelry, jewelry shops are everywhere in India. No matter in metropolises or small cities all the most luxuriously decorated and brightly illuminated shops are selling jewelry.
This is the second time I heard Indians complaining about this article.

May I ask which part of this article said something like "indian women look UGLY and buy gold to hide their dark skin and uglyness"?

This is the very rumor that some self-hating Indian spread amongst themselves, if there is any stereotype, Indian girls as a whole are not considered as ugly but as exotically gorgeous bollywood dancers.
The original article contains nothing negative about Indian women. Don't know why they are taking offence.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can you enlighten us that why this author from your world where people like to call people , Black, White and perhaps yellow and Brown too ?

Or this is very common in Chinese culture ? where as test of the world find this racist for no reason..

blank_quest

Country flag
Indians have black skin and wearing gold jewelry can highlight this feature
Its pure B.S. If its Black then what are Africans considered as? Indians are mostly Dark Brown or Yellow , so to speak in bland language , It may sound racist too , but CCP mouth piece sees no Racism. When you can't differentiate Indians from Africans.making sweeping statements will lead no conclusions.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This add perfectly to the above topic : "Chinese public becoming increasingly hostile to the rest of the world"

And it seems Chicom mouth piece play major role in this..

Its pure B.S. If its Black then what are Africans considered as? Indians are mostly Dark Brown or Yellow , so to speak in bland language , It may sound racist too , but CCP mouth piece sees no Racism. When you can't differentiate Indians from Africans.making sweeping statements will lead no conclusions.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can you enlighten us that why this author from your world where people like to call people , Black, White and perhaps yellow and Brown too ?

Or this is very common in Chinese culture ? where as test of the world find this racist for no reason..
It is common and scientific, it is just like calling people green, blue, or pink people. we don't discriminate based on race, or races' skin color, we don't have caste in our vocabulary, the Chinese translation of caste is very inaccurate and bearly catch the meaning and implication of this word. 种姓, which pretty much translated as race and family name roughly.

I hope you can take this into your logic next time.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
this is something lost in translation, we Chinese use the word Black to to refer to darker or deeper color. If a chinese girl have a darker skin she is referred as black.

In Chinese language, color does not necessarily suggest race. we just don't have the notion or concept of this implication.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That Logic is Chinese and Stay in Chinese, For rest You call someone 'White' 'black' you are a racists..

Go to your neighborhood and call them 'Whites' :)

It is common and scientific, it is just like calling people green, blue, or pink people. we don't discriminate based on race, or races' skin color,
I hope you can take this into your logic next time.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
I believe you are refering to this article published on People's Daily webside. If you mind, please read the original article before making your mind.

This is the second time I heard Indians complaining about this article.

May I ask which part of this article said something like "indian women look UGLY and buy gold to hide their dark skin and uglyness"?

The original article contains nothing negative about Indian women. Don't know why they are taking offence.

Uglyness is ONLY perceived by ugly minds.
----bodhidharma

I hope modern indians are as wise as their ancestors.

hehe

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
That Logic is Chinese and Stay in Chinese, For rest You call someone 'White' 'black' you are a racists..

Go to your neighborhood and call them 'Whites' :)
Yeah, we call our nighbors whites and blacks, I was called a black myself. we will continue to do so.
welcome join in, Mr. Brown, or Beige.

blank_quest

Country flag
Yeah, we call our nighbors whites and blacks, I was called a black myself. we will continue to do so.
welcome join in, Mr. Brown, or Beige.
don't you try to explain the B.S and defend the indefensible argument. hoodwinking will do no good. Chis are Racists and deluded into arrogance. Thanks for letting it know Mr. Black

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
don't you try to explain the B.S and defend the indefensible argument. hoodwinking will do no good. Chis are Racists and deluded into arrogance. Thanks for letting it know Mr. Black
Personal attack means null to me, and bullshit is your fuel, you should not use English language to insult it as well.
Use some word like nonsense instead, this makes your remarks decent and culturally neutral if you are so sensitive.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I dont see, why you are behaving like a butthurt ?

There is no personal attacks in his post.

Personal attack means null to me, and bullshit is your fuel, you should not use English language to insult it as well.Use some word like nonsense instead, this makes your remarks decent and culturally neutral if you are so sensitive.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
I dont see, why you are behaving like a butthurt ?

There is no personal attacks in his post.
How? No thank you for your imagination. I am not hurt.

"You Chis are racist" and "BS" are personal attack aren't they?

If not , Can I just "copycat" it as you Hinds are racists?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles