Chinese Navy Destroyers

vishwaprasad

Country flag
The most scariest part of PLAN is their Type 55 fitted with electromagnetic rail gun on it which they are successfully testing these days.... once its operational and deployed on all their destroyers I can't even imagine what they will do to our IN in Indian ocean.... they will simply eat up our entire navy in no time... unfortunately we are far behind from having such a system of our own when even USA doesn't have the one....

rone

Country flag
The most scariest part of PLAN is their Type 55 fitted with electromagnetic rail gun on it which they are successfully testing these days.... once its operational and deployed on all their destroyers I can't even imagine what they will do to our IN in Indian ocean.... they will simply eat up our entire navy in no time... unfortunately we are far behind from having such a system of our own when even USA doesn't have the one....
Dued rail gun have its on pros and cons , em gun need large area to accomodate it's capciter bank's which is the energy sources for gun then it need high voltage dc current for them for that they need havey generator or mini nuclear plant or if they use o . onboard genaratorit exhusteits fuel in no time like wise somanys impacts for them, if rail gun was thing us Navy will be the first to implement it, all these chinki show off just anthano propaganda, I worried abt their 3rd carrier group than these new toys

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Dued rail gun have its on pros and cons , em gun need large area to accomodate it's capciter bank's which is the energy sources for gun then it need high voltage dc current for them for that they need havey generator or mini nuclear plant or if they use o . onboard genaratorit exhusteits fuel in no time like wise somanys impacts for them, if rail gun was thing us Navy will be the first to implement it, all these chinki show off just anthano propaganda, I worried abt their 3rd carrier group than these new toys
When Chinese are deploying don't you think they must be aware of its pros and cons??? and what makes you believe that they are not working to make it as cost effective and as easy to operate the system??? Apart from this imagine even if having all these problems like high voltage, exhausting fuel in no time etc they send their destroyers fitted with rail guns in Indian ocean to deal with Indian navy what options do we have??? In the first blow of 10 to 15 shell attacks we will start loosing our carrier with destroyers and not to mention our fighter jets with cruise missiles also will be destroyed like a flies from the sky....do not take this threat lightly....

Apart from this USA has tested such system but could not deploy due to low success rate in this and financial problems....

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
First its not on Type 55 destroyer they fitted the Rail fun . Its on Type 72 landing ship and its still on trail not sure how will the results will come out but thinking that few ships loaded with rail gun will sink the entire IN is absurd and over thinking .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
First its not on Type 55 destroyer they fitted the Rail fun . Its on Type 72 landing ship and its still on trail not sure how will the results will come out but thinking that few ships loaded with rail gun will sink the entire IN is absurd and over thinking .
How exactly is an old rusty diesel landing ship going to generate enough power to fire a full sized railgun? I don't think people who took this seriously thought it through.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
How exactly is an old rusty diesel landing ship going to generate enough power to fire a full sized railgun? I don't think people who took this seriously thought it through.
Armand REP and captscooby81
Its fitted on Type 55 only (I have seen so many images) and its not old rusty diesel ship in fact Type 55 is one among the most modern designs of destroyers across the globe today.

captscooby81

Country flag
Here you go the EM Rail Gun loaded landing ship. can you tell me how come it looks Type 55 to you ?
Type 71.jpg

Armand REP and captscooby81
Its fitted on Type 55 only (I have seen so many images) and its not old rusty diesel ship in fact Type 55 is one among the most modern designs of destroyers across the globe today.

vishwaprasad

Country flag
Armand2REP and captscooby81

Sorry... it seems i misunderstood it with Type 55...But again they will eventually be able to fit it with destroyers after developing more compact version of railgun.... unfortunately IN will be in position anyways to challenge this threat....

rone

Country flag
When Chinese are deploying don't you think they must be aware of its pros and cons??? and what makes you believe that they are not working to make it as cost effective and as easy to operate the system??? Apart from this imagine even if having all these problems like high voltage, exhausting fuel in no time etc they send their destroyers fitted with rail guns in Indian ocean to deal with Indian navy what options do we have??? In the first blow of 10 to 15 shell attacks we will start loosing our carrier with destroyers and not to mention our fighter jets with cruise missiles also will be destroyed like a flies from the sky....do not take this threat lightly....

Apart from this USA has tested such system but could not deploy due to low success rate in this and financial problems....
there is a large difference between practicality and technology demonstration mot of these systems will be on land-based not on a navel platform am very much sure these rail gun systems in navel system not worth filed operation these things will have large electronic signature plus larger size easy to put out form long-range cruise missile like march 4 bramose no Chinese navy air defense can counter march 4 bramose also rail guns won't match fighter jets standoff range

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Armand2REP and captscooby81

Sorry... it seems i misunderstood it with Type 55...But again they will eventually be able to fit it with destroyers after developing more compact version of railgun.... unfortunately IN will be in position anyways to challenge this threat....
Maybe you missed my original statement about the power generation, but there is no way that a rusty transport's little old diesel can transfer enough power to charge a railgun of that size. That is why ships planned to carry them have some kind of integrated power system. Even the Type 55 has no IPS that can transfer enough power to sufficiently charge one. It uses old 80s technology in its Cold War era engines.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Maybe you missed my original statement about the power generation, but there is no way that a rusty transport's little old diesel can transfer enough power to charge a railgun of that size. That is why ships planned to carry them have some kind of integrated power system. Even the Type 55 has no IPS that can transfer enough power to sufficiently charge one. It uses old 80s technology in its Cold War era engines.
Only vessels in the world with enough power generation aka juice for the railguns are ACs and DDG 1000.

shiphone

Country flag
Type 072III LST , 4800 tons, the No.936 is a 20+years old one of this class.

why a 072 LST was chosen as the Rail Gun sea trial test bed? coz it has a extremely large full length tank deck inside the ship. this place is right for the proper power generator and energy storage devices ...lol

-----------------------

today , PLAN decommissioned four Type 051 destroyers at the same time...PLAN used to operate 16 vessels of this class...so far only two ships are left which are less than 30 years old. but they will leave soon as well...

109 kaifeng
110 daliang
134 zhunyi
164 guilin

farewell !

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
oldie is leaving , but the new blood is coming...

few days ago, the 19th and 20th type 052D(improved) destroyers were launched simultaneously...four more are under construction which will be launched within a year...

Illusive

Country flag
@shiphone How many 55's are planned. You should also think of updating those wiki pages for these destroyers.

shiphone

Country flag
we had a Baidu Baike encyclopedia and the Wiki(chinese) is well maintained about this class DDG...
--------------

I skipped one image on purpose earlier....lol...

the first one is very close to the commission ,4 fitting out, 3 under construction.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Paper tigers, worthless in Indian Ocean - 4000km away from their home ports.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Paper tigers, worthless in Indian Ocean - 4000km away from their home ports.
that doesn't make any sense, the distance won't make much difference to the performance of the destroyer.

Narasimh

Country flag
we had a Baidu Baike encyclopedia and the Wiki(chinese) is well maintained about this class DDG...
--------------

I skipped one image on purpose earlier....lol...

the first one is very close to the commission ,4 fitting out, 3 under construction.

Wonder how much each of these cost to build

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles