Chinese Navy Destroyers

Discussion in 'China' started by SexyChineseLady, Nov 23, 2016.

1. BON PLAN

BON PLAN -*- Senior Member

I read that in a very serious news paper, 20 years ago.
    I think it was the 051 class destroyer.

"partition wall" : the internal wall with hatches, to prevent the water to overflow the ship in case of an accident or a torpedo hit. In this case the news paper explained that the ship was totally outdated.

2. BON PLAN

I don't know if there is plywood inside (it's a joke), but it's a very impressive cruiser.
    A pain in the US navy a** for sure.

3. shiphone

shiphone Senior Member Senior Member

oh, so it is 051 destroyer of 20 years ago?
    but obviously no image no truth...
    -------
    so far ,there are SEVEN retired type 051 destroyers displayed in several museums... I think you still have the chance to find the so called wooden partition wall on those...lol

no.105:Navy Museum ,Qindao
    106:Wuhan port ,as the teaching aid of Navy Engineering University
    107: a park in YinChuan
    108:a park in Taizhou
    132:a park in Yantai
    133:Tianjin , displayed along with a russian carrier
    163: a park in Nanchang

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BON PLAN

You didn't understand.

I say that I read this news nearly 20 years ago.
    And that i think it was about 051 destroyer.
    So it may concerne on or seven (?) destroyers on service in the 2000. The last were decommisioned this year if I remember well.

5. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

I won't use the word "Obsolete" in this kind of comparison. There is no doubt that Zumwalt design is more advanced than 055. The design concepts of the two are slightly different. 055 is still playing a traditional air defense commanding centre protecting the aircraft carrier, the role played by US cruiser. On the other hand, Zumwalt is a new generation gun boat targeting land base target (there is a discussion of the change now). So, basically, 2 different type ships.

Also, this comparison itself is a big achievement for Chinese navy. Just 20 years ago, we were even lagging behind Taiwan navy.

This kind of claim is quite laughable. 055 can easily carries over 30 supersonic/subsonic anti-ship missiles with similar or even better parameters;

BON PLAN and Dark Sorrow like this.
  6. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

Actually it is this claim that is laughable. The missiles used by the PLAN are powered by license produced Microturbos used in first gen Exocets. The range of them is hardly better. The reliability and accuracy of Chinese ASMs were demonstrated by Indonesia where all missiles failed in a huge public embarrassment. If faced with a barrage of Brahmos the PLAN would be little more than sheep for the slaughter.

7. BON PLAN

some sources ?

8. vampyrbladez

vampyrbladez Senior Member Senior Member

You dumb chink, I was talking about. The LSC (Large Surface Combatant). The program that is going to commence 2024-25. It is a next generation cruiser and has 80 VLS cells as peripheral with ability to add 100 more if the 155 mm guns are removed.

The power generation is designed for a railgun and laser AAW system from the ground. Type 055 is simply an Arleigh Burke FLT IIA class vessel. Great design but limited future ability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po.../amp28105977/large-surface-combatant-zumwalt/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...n-to-replace-its-cruisers-and-some-destroyers

https://news.usni.org/2018/08/29/navy-making-room-railguns-next-warship-no-extra-investments

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/u-s-navy-details-shipboard-testing-plans-for-railgun

You still lag behind the Japanese. A combined RoK and JMSDF force will still kick your butt and you want to face off against USN. That's what's most hilarious.

A Kh 35 or KM 54 Chinese copy is no comparison to the BrahMos. The closest comparison is the YJ 12 and CX1 missiles.
    You can put upto 16 for AsHM roles in 112 VLS leaving 96 available for SAM and ASW duties.

This includes Yu 7 ASROC and HHQ 9B and HQ 16 missiles for a full load out. Strike missile package like KH 35 copies don't count as AShM.

IndianHawk and Pinky Chaudhary like this.
  9. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

which ship is it.............!!! is it Indian.........

10. nimo_cn

nimo_cn Senior Member Senior Member

I think it's one of the Indian warships that were in China to participate in the naval parade celebrating the establishment of PLAN.

11. Petra Wajowski

Petra Wajowski New Member

========

Wow, you stupid cow-piss drinkers referenced a lot of links to a lot of irrelevant articles.

Well, here are a few links that show you curry-munchers are only good for working at 7-11s and at call-centers. Don't try to make missiles (or anything that flies). You will only end up hurting yourself:

Indians hurting themselves with missiles:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...opper-crash/articleshow/68623744.cms?from=mdr

Indian missiles not very good:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...opper-crash/articleshow/68623744.cms?from=mdr

LOL :)

Gunnernation likes this.
  12. Aaj ka hero

Aaj ka hero Regular Member

First of all this is not a correct way of speaking.
    You have hurled many abuses in one post only which many people here do that after three or four posts.
    Oi people here were saying US and India can be friends.
    THIS PEOPLE ARE NOTHING MORE BUT BY PRODUCTS OF BRITISH AND IRISH.
    It's okay to consider these people SAME LEVEL AS PAKISTANIS.
    Also these people like pakistanis more.
    Some FRIENDSHIP. :pound:
    And what you will say about your global hawk.
    "That was developed by Indian low wage workers" post this na....... we will believe.

13. vampyrbladez

Unlike Amerimutts , Sand Niggers, Paki Niggers and Baby Eating Chink Gook Fucks, truth is a prevalent quantity in us Indians.

Type 055 is an Arleigh Burke class vessel. Zumwalt is a true next generation design.

It is better to sweat in peacetime than to bleed in war.

IndianHawk likes this.
  14. vampyrbladez

@Petra Wajowski is a Paki Nigger troll. Block him (ignore) and prevent derailment of the thread.

IndianHawk likes this.
  15. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle War Mongerer Veteran Member Senior Member

Virgin boy egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, if you're rather a paki, I'll switch to camel instead of this.
    At least we acknowledge our failures during TESTS and not hide them.
    [​IMG]

After contradiction of false statement of successful test due to news leak, ISPR released another statement that missile parts fallen on safe area.

it was felling on Pakistani citizens head, later on they discontinued land test.
    Same list will be longer for PRC.
    India still successfully produces and operates 90+ out of 94 missile techs.

16. no smoking

no smoking Senior Member Senior Member

My bad, your stupidity is beyond my understanding.
    Using a boat which is still sitting on the paper and majority of her sub-systems are still in the R&D stage to compare a boat is currently under sea trial, really?

If Japanese is as powerful as you said, then they won't need to beg American's protection for Japan's control of senkaku islands AGAIN and AGAIN.

I just love Indian fanboy's fantasy of Brahmos - a weapon above all and killing all. People like you always forget this is a weapon based on 1980s design, the world has already moved on. But I gave up on explaining to Indian fanboy why Brahmos is a good weapon but only a good weapon.

The universal VLS system on 055 can give her the flexibility of missiles type and number. Unlike India destroyer, 055 can change its weapons portfolio based on the type of missions.

Gunnernation likes this.
  17. vampyrbladez

You dumb chink, US many times makes a limited series production of a vessel as a technology demonstrator and then mass produces a new class of vessels. For e.g. the Seawolf Class submarine was produced to only no.s 3 but the Virginia Class derived from there has scores in service.

Zumwalt has three in service and the LSC will a combination of the class and the AN/SPY 6 AMDR architecture of the upcoming Arleigh Burke Flt III. Meanwhile Type 055 has no new power generation capacity to support railguns and laser weapons!

I'm glad you acknowledge Japan's sovereign right over these islands. :pound:BTW, why didn't you mention the ROKN as well? Don't want PLAN to get double teamed right?

We are already gearing up for Scramjet based weapons and hyper sonic glide vehicles as is the rest of the world. The difference is that our deployed weapons outclass most navies and create an asymmetric imbalance vis a vis Chinese KH 35, KH 54 class AShM.

To configure a VLS for operations, you need to put in certain modules. Like for the ESSM, MK 41 needs to be specially configured. Also a full load means you expend the service life of missiles faster. 16 missiles are adequate for patrol. Strike missile like Tomahawk are not full AShM.

18. smooth manifold

smooth manifold Regular Member

the 12th 052D destroyer DDG Chengdu is about to commission.
    [​IMG]
    It was a ceremony to welcome crew on board not the actual commissioning ceremony.
    [​IMG]

19. smooth manifold

some pics of Jiangnan shipyard today

two 055s lining together.
    [​IMG]

extended version of 052D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  20. smooth manifold

high resolution pic (3.7M) of DDG Guiyang _Type 052D with great details