Chinese Navy Destroyers

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
how many years ago? which type frigate?

there are still several over 30 years old frigates in PLAN service...maybe I can offer more pix about it. I have quite some experiences getting on board of PLAN vessels. new or old...lol

but to be honest , I really don't know what you are talking about--- so called "partition walls made of plywood"? any pix?..
I read that in a very serious news paper, 20 years ago.
I think it was the 051 class destroyer.

"partition wall" : the internal wall with hatches, to prevent the water to overflow the ship in case of an accident or a torpedo hit. In this case the news paper explained that the ship was totally outdated.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
yeah...yeah....as you wish...
but we really can't understand the unique Indian Logic and talking culture...lol...

------------------
another view angle of the first 055 DDG. '101' is a historic Pennant No, "NanChang" is a heroical city
I don't know if there is plywood inside (it's a joke), but it's a very impressive cruiser.
A pain in the US navy a** for sure.

shiphone

Country flag
I read that in a very serious news paper, 20 years ago.
I think it was the 051 class destroyer.

"partition wall" : the internal wall with hatches, to prevent the water to overflow the ship in case of an accident or a torpedo hit. In this case the news paper explained that the ship was totally outdated.
oh, so it is 051 destroyer of 20 years ago?
but obviously no image no truth...
-------
so far ,there are SEVEN retired type 051 destroyers displayed in several museums... I think you still have the chance to find the so called wooden partition wall on those...lol

no.105:Navy Museum ,Qindao
106:Wuhan port ,as the teaching aid of Navy Engineering University
107: a park in YinChuan
108:a park in Taizhou
132:a park in Yantai
133:Tianjin , displayed along with a russian carrier
163: a park in Nanchang

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
oh, so it is 051 destroyer of 20 years ago?
but obviously no image no truth...
-------
so far ,there are SEVEN retired type 051 destroyers displayed in several museums... I think you still have the chance to find the so called wooden partition wall on those...lol

no.105:Navy Museum ,Qindao
106:Wuhan port ,as the teaching aid of Navy Engineering University
107: a park in YinChuan
108:a park in Taizhou
132:a park in Yantai
133:Tianjin , displayed along with a russian carrier
163: a park in Nanchang

You didn't understand.

I say that I read this news nearly 20 years ago.
And that i think it was about 051 destroyer.
So it may concerne on or seven (?) destroyers on service in the 2000. The last were decommisioned this year if I remember well.

no smoking

Country flag
You do realize that this will be obsolete in 5 years with the new US LSC class coming out based on the Zumwalt Class and the SPY 6 AMDR architecture.
I won't use the word "Obsolete" in this kind of comparison. There is no doubt that Zumwalt design is more advanced than 055. The design concepts of the two are slightly different. 055 is still playing a traditional air defense commanding centre protecting the aircraft carrier, the role played by US cruiser. On the other hand, Zumwalt is a new generation gun boat targeting land base target (there is a discussion of the change now). So, basically, 2 different type ships.

Also, this comparison itself is a big achievement for Chinese navy. Just 20 years ago, we were even lagging behind Taiwan navy.

Indian destroyers with 16x BrahMos missiles outgun this vessel although the Type 055 has really good SAM capabilities using HHQ 9B naval variants.
This kind of claim is quite laughable. 055 can easily carries over 30 supersonic/subsonic anti-ship missiles with similar or even better parameters;

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
This kind of claim is quite laughable. 055 can easily carries over 30 supersonic/subsonic anti-ship missiles with similar or even better parameters;
Actually it is this claim that is laughable. The missiles used by the PLAN are powered by license produced Microturbos used in first gen Exocets. The range of them is hardly better. The reliability and accuracy of Chinese ASMs were demonstrated by Indonesia where all missiles failed in a huge public embarrassment. If faced with a barrage of Brahmos the PLAN would be little more than sheep for the slaughter.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I won't use the word "Obsolete" in this kind of comparison. There is no doubt that Zumwalt design is more advanced than 055. The design concepts of the two are slightly different. 055 is still playing a traditional air defense commanding centre protecting the aircraft carrier, the role played by US cruiser. On the other hand, Zumwalt is a new generation gun boat targeting land base target (there is a discussion of the change now). So, basically, 2 different type ships.
You dumb chink, I was talking about. The LSC (Large Surface Combatant). The program that is going to commence 2024-25. It is a next generation cruiser and has 80 VLS cells as peripheral with ability to add 100 more if the 155 mm guns are removed.

The power generation is designed for a railgun and laser AAW system from the ground. Type 055 is simply an Arleigh Burke FLT IIA class vessel. Great design but limited future ability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po.../amp28105977/large-surface-combatant-zumwalt/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...n-to-replace-its-cruisers-and-some-destroyers

https://news.usni.org/2018/08/29/navy-making-room-railguns-next-warship-no-extra-investments

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/u-s-navy-details-shipboard-testing-plans-for-railgun

Also, this comparison itself is a big achievement for Chinese navy. Just 20 years ago, we were even lagging behind Taiwan navy.
You still lag behind the Japanese. A combined RoK and JMSDF force will still kick your butt and you want to face off against USN. That's what's most hilarious.

A Kh 35 or KM 54 Chinese copy is no comparison to the BrahMos. The closest comparison is the YJ 12 and CX1 missiles.
You can put upto 16 for AsHM roles in 112 VLS leaving 96 available for SAM and ASW duties.

This includes Yu 7 ASROC and HHQ 9B and HQ 16 missiles for a full load out. Strike missile package like KH 35 copies don't count as AShM.

bhramos

Country flag
oh...talking about the 'Shit' which reminds me what we saw less than a month ago...LOL..
so called better shit...oh ,no...no others 'produce'that 'better' but some funny megalomania...

which ship is it.............!!! is it Indian.........

nimo_cn

Country flag
which ship is it.............!!! is it Indian.........
I think it's one of the Indian warships that were in China to participate in the naval parade celebrating the establishment of PLAN.

Petra Wajowski

Country flag
You dumb chink, I was talking about. The LSC (Large Surface Combatant). The program that is going to commence 2024-25. It is a next generation cruiser and has 80 VLS cells as peripheral with ability to add 100 more if the 155 mm guns are removed.

The power generation is designed for a railgun and laser AAW system from the ground. Type 055 is simply an Arleigh Burke FLT IIA class vessel. Great design but limited future ability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po.../amp28105977/large-surface-combatant-zumwalt/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...n-to-replace-its-cruisers-and-some-destroyers

https://news.usni.org/2018/08/29/navy-making-room-railguns-next-warship-no-extra-investments

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/u-s-navy-details-shipboard-testing-plans-for-railgun

You still lag behind the Japanese. A combined RoK and JMSDF force will still kick your butt and you want to face off against USN. That's what's most hilarious.

A Kh 35 or KM 54 Chinese copy is no comparison to the BrahMos. The closest comparison is the YJ 12 and CX1 missiles.
You can put upto 16 for AsHM roles in 112 VLS leaving 96 available for SAM and ASW duties.

This includes Yu 7 ASROC and HHQ 9B and HQ 16 missiles for a full load out. Strike missile package like KH 35 copies don't count as AShM.
========

Wow, you stupid cow-piss drinkers referenced a lot of links to a lot of irrelevant articles.

Well, here are a few links that show you curry-munchers are only good for working at 7-11s and at call-centers. Don't try to make missiles (or anything that flies). You will only end up hurting yourself:

Indians hurting themselves with missiles:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...opper-crash/articleshow/68623744.cms?from=mdr

Indian missiles not very good:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...opper-crash/articleshow/68623744.cms?from=mdr

LOL :)

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
========

Wow, you stupid cow-piss drinkers referenced a lot of links to a lot of irrelevant articles.

Well, here are a few links that show you curry-munchers are only good for working at 7-11s and at call-centers. Don't try to make missiles (or anything that flies). You will only end up hurting yourself:

First of all this is not a correct way of speaking.
You have hurled many abuses in one post only which many people here do that after three or four posts.
Oi people here were saying US and India can be friends.
THIS PEOPLE ARE NOTHING MORE BUT BY PRODUCTS OF BRITISH AND IRISH.
It's okay to consider these people SAME LEVEL AS PAKISTANIS.
Also these people like pakistanis more.
Some FRIENDSHIP. :pound:
And what you will say about your global hawk.
"That was developed by Indian low wage workers" post this na....... we will believe.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
========

Unlike Amerimutts , Sand ******s, Paki ******s and Baby Eating Chink Gook Fucks, truth is a prevalent quantity in us Indians.

Type 055 is an Arleigh Burke class vessel. Zumwalt is a true next generation design.

It is better to sweat in peacetime than to bleed in war.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Virgin boy egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, if you're rather a paki, I'll switch to camel instead of this.
At least we acknowledge our failures during TESTS and not hide them.

After contradiction of false statement of successful test due to news leak, ISPR released another statement that missile parts fallen on safe area.

it was felling on Pakistani citizens head, later on they discontinued land test.
Same list will be longer for PRC.
India still successfully produces and operates 90+ out of 94 missile techs.

no smoking

Country flag
My bad, your stupidity is beyond my understanding.
Using a boat which is still sitting on the paper and majority of her sub-systems are still in the R&D stage to compare a boat is currently under sea trial, really?

If Japanese is as powerful as you said, then they won't need to beg American's protection for Japan's control of senkaku islands AGAIN and AGAIN.

I just love Indian fanboy's fantasy of Brahmos - a weapon above all and killing all. People like you always forget this is a weapon based on 1980s design, the world has already moved on. But I gave up on explaining to Indian fanboy why Brahmos is a good weapon but only a good weapon.

The universal VLS system on 055 can give her the flexibility of missiles type and number. Unlike India destroyer, 055 can change its weapons portfolio based on the type of missions.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
My bad, your stupidity is beyond my understanding.
Using a boat which is still sitting on the paper and majority of her sub-systems are still in the R&D stage to compare a boat is currently under sea trial, really?
You dumb chink, US many times makes a limited series production of a vessel as a technology demonstrator and then mass produces a new class of vessels. For e.g. the Seawolf Class submarine was produced to only no.s 3 but the Virginia Class derived from there has scores in service.

Zumwalt has three in service and the LSC will a combination of the class and the AN/SPY 6 AMDR architecture of the upcoming Arleigh Burke Flt III. Meanwhile Type 055 has no new power generation capacity to support railguns and laser weapons!

If Japanese is as powerful as you said, then they won't need to beg American's protection for Japan's control of senkaku islands AGAIN and AGAIN.
I'm glad you acknowledge Japan's sovereign right over these islands. :pound:BTW, why didn't you mention the ROKN as well? Don't want PLAN to get double teamed right?

I just love Indian fanboy's fantasy of Brahmos - a weapon above all and killing all. People like you always forget this is a weapon based on 1980s design, the world has already moved on. But I gave up on explaining to Indian fanboy why Brahmos is a good weapon but only a good weapon.
We are already gearing up for Scramjet based weapons and hyper sonic glide vehicles as is the rest of the world. The difference is that our deployed weapons outclass most navies and create an asymmetric imbalance vis a vis Chinese KH 35, KH 54 class AShM.

The universal VLS system on 055 can give her the flexibility of missiles type and number. Unlike India destroyer, 055 can change its weapons portfolio based on the type of missions.
To configure a VLS for operations, you need to put in certain modules. Like for the ESSM, MK 41 needs to be specially configured. Also a full load means you expend the service life of missiles faster. 16 missiles are adequate for patrol. Strike missile like Tomahawk are not full AShM.

smooth manifold

Country flag
the 12th 052D destroyer DDG Chengdu is about to commission.

It was a ceremony to welcome crew on board not the actual commissioning ceremony.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles