Chinese Navy attacks Vietnamese Vessel inside Vietnamese waters

meindian

I think this is a great opportunity for us to push our own agenda in South china sea just like China is doing in Indian Ocean. Vietnam is procuring new weapons like Kilo class attack subs, SU-30 etc.

Vietnam has confirmed that it is buying 6 kilo class attack submarines from Russia to protect its maritime resources better and chase away any encroacher.Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh, Deputy Minister of Defense, also confirmed the Kilo submarine deal and added that Vietnam was also buying "Su-30 fighters and surface-to-air missiles."

The incidence which has raised the hackles of Vietnamese armed forced happened in May when one of its offshore oil and gas exploration ship was attacked and harassed by an increasing expansionist Chinese navy.

The Vietnamese ship, the Binh Minh 02, detected the Chinese patrol boats approaching on radar at about 5 a.m on Thursday, the official Vietnam News Agency reported. About an hour later, the three Chinese boats intentionally ran through the area where the Vietnamese ship was working, snapping cables the ship was using, then left the scene after about three hours, it said.

China Humiliates Vietnam Forcing It To Procure More Weapons - World Of Defense

badguy2000

Respected Member
it was not pLA navy,but coast guards

Last edited:

meindian

coastal guards do not venture into enemy territory without backup, thus these chaps were not there for picnic, they must have had orders from either the naval headquarter or the MoD of china(which incidentally is superseded by Chief Of Staff in China) .Chinese are extremely sophisticated/smart in these kind of things.

nimo_cn

Country flag
coastal guards do not venture into enemy territory without backup, thus these chaps were not there for picnic, they must have had orders from either the naval headquarter or the MoD of china(which incidentally is superseded by Chief Of Staff in China) .Chinese are extremely sophisticated/smart in these kind of things.
Sigh, another conspiracy theory.

BG has pointed out it was Chinese coast guard, not PLA. And China also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Chinese coast guards to operate there.

prototype

Hope this was not another fishing trawler which has immunity against foreign action.

meindian

Sigh, another conspiracy theory.
yep a conspiracy theory just like Indo-Chiny Bhai Bhai theory of pre-1962 or PLA present in POK conspiracy theory or the Gwadar port conspiracy theory or the Chinese hackers conspiracy theory

yep, all a load of rubbish , all theories no truth what so ever :becky:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
And China also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Chinese coast guards to operate there.
Vietnam also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Vitnamese coast guards to operate there.
India claims POK, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Indian army to operate in POK and kick back the intruders/outsiders forever (which obviously includes some Ching Chang people).
Thanks for showing the superb reasoning. Helped me a lot this time. Lets see where it goes, everyone would claim everything and everyone would be fighting with everyone else over everything .. lolzzz :D

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
yep a conspiracy theory just like Indo-Chiny Bhai Bhai theory of pre-1962 or PLA present in POK conspiracy theory or the Gwadar port conspiracy theory or the Chinese hackers conspiracy theory

yep, all a load of rubbish , all theories no truth what so ever :becky:
Thanks for admitting it was just a conspiracy theory.

Vietnam also claims that region, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Vitnamese coast guards to operate there.
India claims POK, hence it is perfectly reasonable for Indian army to operate in POK and kick back the intruders/outsiders forever (which obviously includes some Ching Chang people).
Thanks for showing the superb reasoning. Helped me a lot this time. Lets see where it goes, everyone would claim everything and everyone would be fighting with everyone else over everything .. lolzzz :D

Regards,
Virendra
Kid, I didn't say Vitnam's coast guard can't operate in the disputed water, I was just saying Chinese coast guard is entitled to operate within the territorial sea claimed by Chinese government.

And please refrain from using any derogatory term like Ching Chang, which only demonstrates your inability to conduct a civil and decent discussion. I will report this post to the MOD.

Last edited:

cw2005

When territories are claimed by more than one country, the normal practice is not to conduct any commercial activities there as that very territory is called disputed area. In this very case, it seems Vietnamese are doing something there leading to this confrontation.

By the way, the title of this thread is not agreed with the original message. Before dispute is resolved, that area does not belong to Vietnam and should be regards as disputed area instead of Vietnam's. It seems someone here has "given" the area to Vietnam

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Kid, I didn't say Vitnam's coast guard can't operate in the disputed water, I was just saying Chinese coast guard is entitled to operate within the territorial sea claimed by Chinese government.
Yeah grand ma I know that. Now focus, I quote myself again
everyone would claim everything and everyone would be fighting with everyone else over everything
I never left Vietnamese out. I only carry forwarded your own logic, of claims.

And please refrain from using any derogatory term like Ching Chang, which only demonstrates your inability to conduct a civil and decent discussion. I will report this post to the MOD.
First, I didn't know Ching Chang is a derogatory term - used it like slang as Yanks for Americans. Yet if you're hurt and it pleases you, go ahead and report me :)

Regards,
Virendra

Why use the word, if someone finds it incorrect?

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

meindian

Somebody here does not understand sarcasm.

When did Chin-chang become a derogatory term ????As pointed out by Virendra

Lastly threats do not work mate, if you want to report the thread to Admin go ahead do it , no point in shouting it out like a little baby ,do not threaten other members just because you do not understand his arguments?

In a similar manner I can perceive your behavior as threatening and abusive too .

Oracle

I do not understand why China does that all the time. Why all these unnecessary provocation? It seems they are still living with inferiority complex after Japs ding dong'ed them in WWII.

Tianshan

It seems they are still living with inferiority complex after Japs ding dong'ed them in WWII.
China lost 20-30 million innocent in WW2, if we do not have "complex" after this, then something wrong.

RedDragon

I do not understand why China does that all the time. Why all these unnecessary provocation? It seems they are still living with inferiority complex after Japs ding dong'ed them in WWII.
I really want to say something bad to you. But I don't want to low myself as you.

RedDragon

Do you know what happen in WWII in China? What you say is much more mean than dance on the body of the Mumbai bomb. Because in WWII, in China, tens of millions people die.

Parthy

Air Warrior
China lost 20-30 million innocent in WW2, if we do not have "complex" after this, then something wrong.
If Chinese lose people then they're innocent victims??? Then what about CPC killing people of other sovereign Nations in name of annexation???

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Agreed and understandable. But brush the complex to Japanese then, why after others??

Parthy

Air Warrior
Do you know what happen in WWII in China? What you say is much more mean than dance on the body of the Mumbai bomb. Because in WWII, in China, tens of millions people die.
Since Japanese has tried to conquer China and killed roughly 7.5 millions of Chinese people, you want to make a tit-for-tat!! Looks quite reasonable as you were hurt lot..

But what you did with Vietnam, Taiwan, Tibet & India?? CPC tried to annex territories by means of force and you people did the same.. You don't have any fact to speak about what you experienced in WWII...

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
This site really show the dark side of India people.
RD, you are mistaken man. India dont have any dark side as it is always transparent. why are you taking all this serious?. It's a forum. All have different opinions. Take all this in a healthy manner and we can combine to discuss anything happening in world....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles