Chinese Infrastructure Projects

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Miaos are in the following areas of China

Hunan, Yunnan, Sichuan, Guangxi, Hubei, Hainan.

Traditional irrigation system made of wooden planks.

Very industrious people!

badguy2000

Respected Member
The Miao youth have some affinity to Marxism, but the older generation continues to believe in their ways, custom and are not quite as Hanised as maybe thought to be.

They are a fiercely independent minded people and because of the mountainous area have to some extent maintained their identity.

That is what I was told by some Miao people I met.
basically, except Uygur and Tibetan, most of Chinese ethnical minorities are just nominal minorities and seriously hanized.

For example, Manchus are in fact more hanized than "authentic" Hans.

amoy

basically, except Uygur and Tibetan, most of Chinese ethnical minorities are just nominal minorities and seriously hanized.

For example, Manchus are in fact more hanized than "authentic" Hans.
guess u may need to travel broadly enough.

Hanized? what Hanized? just to name a few - Uzebek, Tajik, Kazak, or Zhuang- are they Hanized?

Han is just a collection of a big variety.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
guess u may need to travel broadly enough.

Hanized? what Hanized? just to name a few - Uzebek, Tajik, Kazak, or Zhuang- are they Hanized?
What exactly is what you wish to convey by 'Han is just a collection of a big variety.'

Are all the Chinese people actually Hans?

I thought Han was a specific entity.

Manchus are surely not Hans, though they were made to adopt the Han culture etc and forsake their singular identity as did others including the 'barbarians'!

The Miaos, though were also taken as 'barbarians', still claim that they have not been totally assimilated by the Han cultural 'onslaught' (forgive me, I could not think of any softer words to describe it!).

Last edited:

mayfair

I believe China can teach us a thing or two on implementing High speed railway projects in India. I wait for the the day when I can take a Shinkansen from

New Delhi Railway station to Jaipur/Agra/Lucknow/Allahabad/Varanasi/Chandigarh/
Mumbai Central to Pune/Ahmedabad/Surat/Goa/Nagpur
Bangalore to Chennai/Mysore/Hyderabad/Hospet/Mangalore

Whether it will ever happen is anybody's guess.

amoy

China is a backward country. Sometimes a country once lagging behind has a late-mover advantage as a blessing in disguise. Standing on the shoulders of giants (Siemens, Bombardier alike) China works with a "posterior strategy".

Besides unlike narrow islands of Japan China's Shinkansen runs on a vast land bringing HSR to its full play for the world's No.1 population.

DSCN5035 by ohimalaya, on Flickr

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Liao River bridge, 3.3km, located in Yingkou, Liaoning Province, opens on National Day.

redragon

Country flag
sorry, recently, I am boasting online myself, really not a good thing, let's be low profile, agree, bad guy?

badguy2000

Respected Member
sorry, recently, I am boasting online myself, really not a good thing, let's be low profile, agree, bad guy?
all depend on my mood.....I always want to post such "boastful picutures" whenever I want to find som soua group for enjoyment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles