Chinese history and culture

ShyAngel

Founding Member
One thing I know about chinese civilization is my mom always tells me that our Lord Manjushre/ buddha of wisdom once took birth in China as a han chinese and he had blessed his wisdom there. And if we have to go for his pilgrimage we have to go to China. :-(

Old tibetan idol of Lord Manjushree

Tibetan Thanga of Lord Manjushree

An image of Lord Manjushree/buddha of wisdom. He has sword on his right hand and on his left hand he has a book of scripture on the beautiful lotus flower. His sword is to cut of the ignorance of any living being and book represents his knowledge and wisdom to teach us and guide us in this world. And lastly he has a eye on his front left arm, which is to guide us to be a better human being.

fateh71

Masterofsea, thanks for the pics. Can you tell us more about the people though?

masterofsea

I think East Asia has been more Westernized (China, Japan, Korea etc.) than Indian subcontinent. In India you still have lots of people wearing ethnic dresses, hardly anyone in East Asia.
Traditional dresses are too long and too wide to work conveniently.

I agree with you.Indian contemporary artist like Bombay Viking combined English&Indian music elment successfully.Even me enjoy his music.
Chinese musicians have a long way to go in this area.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
First time beijing become the capital of china is the Liao dynasty(916 AD~1125 AD)
Ummmmm that's an era after our tibetan prehistory. After the end of our Tibetan Royal Dynasty. In 978-1204 that's when tibetan started to invite indian pundits from Nalanda University and that's when Dalai Lama's Geluk order took birth. It was invented by Tibetan lama Tsongkapa and indian/bengali pandit Atisha. Tsongkapa was from Amdo northeast tibetan region and he got his buddha dharma teaching straight from Lord Manjushre! When he was born he had only spoke sanskrit and his mother had hard time understanding him, then later on in his life Lord Manjushre keeping appearing to him and tough him the knowledge of Buddha Dharma.

:)

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Traditional dresses are too long and too wide to work conveniently.

I agree with you.Indian contemporary artist like Bombay Viking combined English&Indian music elment successfully.Even me enjoy his music.
Chinese musicians have a long way to go in this area.
I don't know about other chinese dress but I had seen the dress of ancient tang dynasty from the movie that they made on our 1st Tibetan King Songtsen Gompo. It was like 6 year's ago but I still remember the dress and etc. From the movie princess wengchung wear's the dress of tang dynasty before her parents sends her off to Tibet. But when she get close to Tibet boarder she abandons all the chinese cultural and wear's Tibetan dress. She also promise herself not to look back and adore Tibet as her own nation. It was such a sad and beautiful movie, more like love story....hehehehhehee
I've also seen some of chinese dress in recent movie Prince of Himalayas..... I will post it next.

P.S. 5th Dalai Lama documented in tibetan scripture long ago that once when he meditated to know the origin of Tibetan people he had seen the vision of Lord Avalokitesvar and Goddess Tara as the father and mother of Tibetan people and he had also saw chinese Princess wengchu was also an avtar of Goddess Tara and Nepali princess Birikuti as a goddess Durga/Palden Lamo! :113:

masterofsea

I don't know about other chinese dress but I had seen the dress of ancient tang dynasty from the movie that they made on our 1st Tibetan King Songtsen Gompo. It was like 6 year's ago but I still remember the dress and etc. From the movie princess wengchung wear's the dress of tang dynasty before her parents sends her off to Tibet. But when she get close to Tibet boarder she abandons all the chinese cultural and wear's Tibetan dress. She also promise herself not to look back and adore Tibet as her own nation. It was such a sad and beautiful movie, more like love story....hehehehhehee
I've also seen some of chinese dress in recent movie Prince of Himalayas..... I will post it next.

P.S. 5th Dalai Lama documented in tibetan scripture long ago that once when he meditated to know the origin of Tibetan people he had seen the vision of Lord Avalokitesvar and Goddess Tara as the father and mother of Tibetan people and he had also saw chinese Princess wengchu was also an avtar of Goddess Tara and Nepali princess Birikuti as a goddess Durga/Palden Lamo! :113:

The Tibetan and Han people originated from ancient Sino-Tibetan languages family ethnic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Tibetan_languages

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

It was during his time that Samye, the first monastery in Tibet, was founded by Guru Padmasambhava, who also established the supremacy of Buddhism and coverted the indigenous deities into guardians of the Dharma. King Trisong Detsen also expelled the Chinese monk (Hoshang) and banished the Chinese Chan school of Buddhism from Tibet forever and adopted the Indian system. He also declared Buddhism as the state religion of Tibet.

During the reign of King Ralpachen (815-36) the Tibetan armies won many victories and in 821-2 a peace treaty was concluded with China. The inscription of the text of the treaty exists in three places: One outside the Chinese Emperor's palace gate in Ch'ang-an, another before the main gate of Jokhang temple in Lhasa and the third on the Tibetan-China border at Mount Guru Meru. Eminent Tibetan scholars, Kawa Paltsek and Chogru Lui Gyaltsen, worked with Indian scholars, invited them to Tibet and prepared the first Sanskrit-Tibetan lexicon called the Mahavyutpatti.

Tibetan history

advaita

One thing I know about chinese civilization is my mom always tells me that our Lord Manjushre/ buddha of wisdom once took birth in China as a han chinese and he had blessed his wisdom there. And if we have to go for his pilgrimage we have to go to China. :-(
What is it with you ABDC (s), you can take your comment below as told by your pears when they were speaking to you metaphorically, but you cannot take what your mom told you metaphorically.

If there is one wise man/woman or woman/man in china and amongst HAN, and i am sure there have been, he is your buddha.

What do you want to prove to whom?

An image of Lord Manjushree/buddha of wisdom. He has sword on his right hand and on his left hand he has a book of scripture on the beautiful lotus flower. His sword is to cut of the ignorance of any living being and book represents his knowledge and wisdom to teach us and guide us in this world. And lastly he has a eye on his front left arm, which is to guide us to be a better human being.

masterofsea

This is by the artist Zupio.
This painting is drawed by Xu Beihong.He was good at draw horses.Here are his other paintings.
I don't know who is Zupio.I googled,but there is no artist Zupio.

advaita

It was during his time that Samye, the first monastery in Tibet, was founded by Guru Padmasambhava, who also established the supremacy of Buddhism and coverted the indigenous deities into guardians of the Dharma. King Trisong Detsen also expelled the Chinese monk (Hoshang) and banished the Chinese Chan school of Buddhism from Tibet forever and adopted the Indian system. He also declared Buddhism as the state religion of Tibet.

During the reign of King Ralpachen (815-36) the Tibetan armies won many victories and in 821-2 a peace treaty was concluded with China. The inscription of the text of the treaty exists in three places: One outside the Chinese Emperor's palace gate in Ch'ang-an, another before the main gate of Jokhang temple in Lhasa and the third on the Tibetan-China border at Mount Guru Meru. Eminent Tibetan scholars, Kawa Paltsek and Chogru Lui Gyaltsen, worked with Indian scholars, invited them to Tibet and prepared the first Sanskrit-Tibetan lexicon called the Mahavyutpatti.

Tibetan history
so there friendship goes long. :sarcastic:

If only the tibetan had kept a wary eye on the HAN MAN.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
The Tibetan and Han people originated from ancient Sino-Tibetan languages family ethnic.
Sino-Tibetan languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What's Sino-Tibetan language?

Must be the name of language that northeaster tibetan people share with han chinese huh? Since Amdo being boarder to China. As far as our language, the western tibetan language its call Tibto-Burman language. And we are more closer to sanskrit.

masterofsea

What's Sino-Tibetan language?

Must be the name of language that northeaster tibetan people share with han chinese huh? Since Amdo being boarder to China. As far as our language, the western tibetan language its call Tibto-Burman language. And we are more closer to sanskrit.

If you don't Know what is "Sino-Tibetan languages".Please read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Tibetan_languages

advaita

Masterofsea, thanks for the pics. Can you tell us more about the people though?
Boy looks like Masterofsea is all at sea. Run for cover...... more photos

Either he knows squat about chinese people or no people exist in china.

masterofsea

Boy looks like Masterofsea is all at sea. Run for cover...... more photos

Either he knows squat about chinese people or no people exist in china.

I wonder whether it is real or just someone's photoshop work?

ShyAngel

Founding Member
so there goes friendship goes long. :sarcastic:

If only the tibetan had kept a wary eye on the HAN MAN.
That was during prehistoric ji. Lang Dharma the great grandson of Songtsen Gampo was pro bon religion and destroyed the buddha dharma that came from India. Let me come back with more info......stay tune!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles