Chinese FM: PRC Prepared to Settle India Border Dispute

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
most possibility is this is new version of hindi chini bhai bhai. May be hindi -chini bhai bhai part 2 ? Though their can be implication cause of the positive approach of chinese government and chinese media about narendra modi

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
I think you havent grasped Modi yet He has Invited Tibet PM in exile today he increased few more border posts in Arunachal.
increasing border post nothing to do with this cause everyone will have to care about security of border. He invited pakis pm and next day he agrees to have special forces on west border. You have to take care of border. It doesn't means if your border dispute is solved then you should not place guards their. Surely he won't will do same mistake of not placing guards that nehru did

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
india is refered as poor cause chinese media want to show it ,
That couldn't be further from the truth. In my travels to HK, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, etc., I've seen enough Chinese TV, including CCTV's world news bulletins. Even as most world news channels (CNN, BBC, France24, etc) were busy showing their favorite India-bashing subject after poverty (rape), CCTV ran a report on subsidized generic drugs, and how poor are able to buy cost-effective medicine in India, and another report on C++ being mandated in some Indian state-board school curriculum. It gave me the impression that Chinese media doesn't show much negative news in general, and applies that principle even to foreign news coverage.

It's not out of generosity, but that they don't care. Chinese masses have seen poverty in their very recent past (<100 year history), and so TV coverage of poverty, with an intent to belittle someone, doesn't appeal to them. It does to the west, who haven't seen real poverty (barring the wars), for longer periods of their history. For western TV viewers, showing poor Indians/Chinese is like watching zoo animals. It peaks their curiosity, and has some shock-value. It probably also reminds them how much their lives are better off, despite being screwed over by their flawed financial systems.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Modi didn't meet the foreign minister wang yi alone. He was accompanied in the room by Eam and fs.

The PRC is trying to show they are doing a lot but actually it's no change to the status quo. Perhaps it's only beginning who knows what happens by the time xi visit india.

Compersion

Country flag

Who are all the boys and girls ... :playball:::pop::)

Last edited:

no smoking

Country flag
China Prepared to Settle India Border Dispute, Wang Says - Bloomberg

Seems like the rumors I'd heard through China's foreign policy apparatus are true: China did the border incursions as part of a broader strategy to support Modi's candidacy (that included financial support), so that China could negotiate with someone unburdened by Nehru's 1962 legacy and with impeccable nationalist credentials.
Personally, I have no problem of giving up our claim on south Tibet! But the question is whether India is willing to settle the dispute based on current LOC?
From my experience in this forum, I don't think so.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Personally, I have no problem of giving up our claim on south Tibet! But the question is whether India is willing to settle the dispute based on current LOC?
india is always ready to be friend with china. But the only thing we hate of china is helping pakistan

amoy

Why do I call yours a WISHFUL THINKING?

Even if LoC is taken as the basis for border dwmarcation, is there a clearly defined & mutually accepted LoC in that complicated terrain? If yes then why have there been so many incursions every year? Bear in mind the aim Nehru initiated aggression for was to establish ground reality of actual control at their own advantage.

Also what's the gain in settling border with India at the cost of a legitimate claim? Is it ultra naive to assume that India would be recipocally friendly? Will India dump Dalai Lama in its toolkit to undermine China in return? Is India willing to give up its strategic prominence as a counter weight to China together with all the benefits that come along from the west?

Then PAKISTAN - how stupid it is to risk our time tested ally in exchange for umcertainty i.e. an unproven "friendship" where no economic, political, or military returns foreseeable!!

Any human action is rooted in expected outcome.

All loss no gains in the calculation. So just keep peace and tranquility as usual.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Samar Rathi

Country flag
Don't take this forum opinion as common Indians opinion as you will find ultra nationalist type of Indian here.

Compersion

Country flag
The main area that i would like to be discussed is aksai chin.

Aksai Chin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would be comfortable to settle the area whereby PRC controls land upto and near the sinkiang - Tibet road and the rest returned to pre 1962 times. Since prc want access to west from Tibet. In return I would like india to be given access and control of mount kailash and nearby areas. India needs access to mount kailash like PRC needs access to its west.

The above would be stretching many principles of international relations and legal principles. Is it possible who knows but we have seen what Pakistan did with PRC in Kashmir. Why cannot PRC and india exchange land for permanent solution to that areas.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
1> Arunachal was always been with India, will stay with India. South Tibet in itself is a misnomer as geographically Arunachal is in the south of Himalayas where as Tibet is in the north. Geographically, Arunachal is not a part of the Tibetan plateau.

2> Aksai Chin is a land occupied by military force. PRC can keep the part with the road with some buffer, give up the rest. (Zhou Enlai's offer to Nehru, based on MacMohan line)

And then we can be good neighbors ever after.

no smoking

Country flag
1> Arunachal was always been with India, will stay with India. South Tibet in itself is a misnomer as geographically Arunachal is in the south of Himalayas where as Tibet is in the north. Geographically, Arunachal is not a part of the Tibetan plateau.

2> Aksai Chin is a land occupied by military force. PRC can keep the part with the road with some buffer, give up the rest. (Zhou Enlai's offer to Nehru, based on MacMohan line)

And then we can be good neighbors ever after.
You can't use 2 different principles in one case: either historic reason (McMahon Line) or Geographical principal.

Based on you format, Chinese can also requires South Tibet on the north of McMahon line and at the meantime keeping Aksai Chin since it is a part of Tibetan Plateau geographically.

prohumanity

Country flag
Folks...China and India need to start trusting each other....a small piece of land is not greater than love between 1.3 billion Chinese and 1.25 billion Indians..
Piece of land becomes irrelevant when their is trust and love in hearts of people....I hope ..some selfish and greedy power does not succeed in dividing and creating rift between these two great ancient civilizations. I wish China and India a lot of goodwill and unbreakable bond of trust and friendship.
When Chinese and Indian people have more and more people to people contact ..they will start liking and understanding each other and then, border disputes will become irrelevant.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Folks...China and India need to start trusting each other....a small piece of land is not greater than love between 1.3 billion Chinese and 1.25 billion Indians..
Piece of land becomes irrelevant when their is trust and love in hearts of people....I hope ..some selfish and greedy power does not succeed in dividing and creating rift between these two great ancient civilizations. I wish China and India a lot of goodwill and unbreakable bond of trust and friendship.
When Chinese and Indian people have more and more people to people contact ..they will start liking and understanding each other and then, border disputes will become irrelevant.
Sorry Brother, I beg to disagree with you...

I can not trust a country that has clandestinely and illegally transferred technology of mass destruction [although being a member of UN] for the large scale killings of Indians... China knew very well what they were doing ... still they went ahead...

Never ever trust Fascist China... specially when it is still not recovered from the humiliation and shame from World War - II.

amoy

Those muddled minds who wanna settle borders in Indian terms should read this carefully.
Arunachal Pradesh belongs to India: Dalai Lama - Video | The Times of India

Tawang Town - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tawang was historically part of Tibet inhabited by the Monpa people. The Tawang Monastery was founded by the Merak Lama Lodre Gyatso in 1681 in accordance with the wishes of the 5th Dalai Lama, Ngawang Lobsang Gyatso, and has an interesting legend surrounding its name, which means "Chosen by Horse". The sixth Dalai Lama, Tsangyang Gyatso, was born in Tawang.

The 1914 Simla Accord defined the McMahon Line as the new boundary between British India and Tibet. By this treaty Tibet relinquished several hundred square miles of its territory, including Tawang, to the British, but it was not recognised by China.[4] However, the British did not take possession of Tawang and Tibet continued to administer and collect taxes in Tawang. When the British botanist Frank Kingdon-Ward crossed the Sela Pass and entered Tawang in 1935 without permission from Tibet, he was briefly arrested. This drew the attention of the British, who reexamined the Indo-Tibetan border and rediscovered that Tibet had ceded Tawang to British India. Tibet did not repudiate the Simla Accord and the McMahon Line but refused to surrender Tawang, partly because of the importance attached to the Tawang Monastery. In 1938 the British made a cautious move to assert sovereignty over Tawang by sending a small military column under Capt. G.S. Lightfoot to Tawang.[5]
Tawang Monastery is said to be the biggest Buddhist monastery in the world outside of Lhasa, Tibet.[11]

Until 2003, the Dalai Lama said that Arunachal Pradesh was "actually part of Tibet". He reversed his position in 2008, acknowledging the legitimacy of the McMahon Line and the Indian claim to the region.[12]
What a flip flop of Lama?! A chameleon catering for his host?

What shall the act of accepting India's claim to S. Tibet be called, treason!!? By so doing the "gvmt in exile" incl. Lobsang Sangay and Lama, has lost any legitimacy to represent Tibetans per se.

Tawang

Literate Chinese grow up reading Tsangyang Gyatso's love poems. Just "peace and tranquility", enough for Sino-India border!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Chinese diplomats are incompetent because most of them were chosen to be in the business for their foreign language skills. I would rather to see foreign ministry to be taken over by PLA.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

t_co

@prohumanity
Sir please do not preach sitting in USA (your status says so).
Have some nationalism towards your country.
Don't listen to this guy. Be a patriot, not a nationalist. A patriot wishes well upon his own country; a nationalist wishes ill upon all others. The true folly of India would be turning so emotional that it ends up wanting to hurt China more than it wants to help itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles