Chinese Dissident Wins Nobel Peace Prize

nimo_cn

Country flag
I am not ready for anything but an answer to my question. I repeat my question again.

When is China going to give freedom to the non-Chinese regions that it is currently occupying (Tibet and East Turkestan)? Please answer to the point so that your earlier claims of being opposed to colonialism are really true in spirit and faith.

That is exactly what the Tibetans and Uighurs are going through.
Tibetans or Uighurs, all of them are Chinese. There is not colonialism in China.

pmaitra

Tibetans or Uighurs, all of them are Chinese. There is not colonialism in China.
Sorry Sir, I disagree completely. Tibetans and Uighurs are different from Chinese. They are not Chinese and definitely not Han. Their languages, scripts, cultures, lifestyles and religion are different. What is more concerning is that they do not want to be part of China at all.

However, I do not believe there is a lot of concern about human sensitivities in China, a country where incidents like Tienanmen Square Massacre can take place. The country is held together by force and intimidation and not by togetherness, brotherhood and affection.

However, I am not at all expectant of any kind of acceptance from your side, although you might agree with what I say at the core of your conscience; because, if you do so and assuming you are in China, your very response could land you in jail. The plus side is that you might win a Nobel Prize.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Again, you're right. However, that doesn't change the status quo of the Chinese occupation of Indian territories and I, personally, am uncomfortable with it.

China is/was in conflict over territory and territorial waters with most of it's neighbours, including USSR, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Kyrgyztan, Japan, Vietnam and India.
LOL, how good neighborhood is India enjoying?

Pakistan alone can nuke you to the stone age.

pmaitra

LOL, how good neighborhood is India enjoying?

Pakistan alone can nuke you to the stone age.
Pakistan will never do it, because in that case India may be in stone age, but Pakistan will cease to exist on the map of the world. Moreover, even Russia and India can nuke China back to stone age.

However, that doesn't in any way disqualify the fact that China has more neighbours with sour relations than India does. India has only 2, China has 6; well actually it is 7, because I forgot about Taiwan.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Sometimes i really feel frustrated when debating with some Indians over Chinese affairs.

They either have no idea about what they are talking about, or show their blind eyes to the plain facts.

Colonialism is evil, that is why Indian managed to get rid of it, but when it comes to HK, it can be justified.

I guess they never understand the old saying "己所不欲,勿施于人".
作为他们的邻居,我真不知道我们是应该感到庆贺,还是应该感到悲哀。
they are simpley brainwashed by west democracy- fundamentalists and become crusaders of democracy

To them, fact that communism and non-democracy is "bad" is just as apodeictic as the fact that earth is round.

all their conclusions are based on the fact that "communism and non-democracy is bad"

badguy2000

Respected Member
Pakistan will never do it, because in that case India may be in stone age, but Pakistan will cease to exist on the map of the world. Moreover, even Russia and India can nuke China back to stone age.

However, that doesn't in any way disqualify the fact that China has more neighbours with sour relations than India does. India has only 2, China has 6; well actually it is 7, because I forgot about Taiwan.
CHina has over 20 neighbours and 7 of 20+ are "sour neighbours", according to your statement.

India has only 8 neighours (including Sikkim annexed by India), only one (Bhutan) has a good relation with India. the others are all "sour neighbours" against India.

pmaitra

they are simpley brainwashed by west democracy- fundamentalists and become crusaders of democracy

To them, fact that communism and non-democracy is "bad" is just as apodeictic as the fact that earth is round.

all their conclusions are based on the fact that "communism and non-democracy is bad"
What are you talking about? Communism is a counterweight to capitalism and what has that got to do with democracy? There are three Indian states, West Bengal, Kerala and Tripura that has communist governments that are elected democratically.

Nothing wrong with communism if a majority of the people want it. Guess what, Hugo Chavez, though a communist, is a democratically elected leader. The problem is with authoritarianism and lack of freedom of speech, not the concept of Communism or Marxism.

Our conclusions are based on free intercourse of ideas and debate because we have freedom of speech that China does not have.

pmaitra

CHina has over 20 neighbours and 7 of 20+ are "sour neighbours", according to your statement.

India has only 8 neighours (including Sikkim annexed by India), only one (Bhutan) has a good relation with India. the others are all "sour neighbours" against India.
Keep patting yourself on the back about it.

Sikkim joined India voluntarily fearing Chinese aggression and I'd thank China for that.

India has good relations with all it's neighbours except 2. The prickly issues arise when hostile regimes assume power, but simply look at India, there is unity in diversity while China has unity by virtue of intimidation.

Moreover, China wouldn't have 20 neighbours if it gave up it's occupation of East Turkestan and Tibet. For example, why would China have to bother about East Turkestan's border with Tajikistan at all? Let the Uighurs and the Tajiks sort it out. Fact is that the Uighurs and Tajiks never had any problem with their intervening borders (AFAIK); but the problem came up only after Chinese occupation of East Turkestan. The Han Chinese can simply stay in their original territories.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
What are you talking about? Communism is a counterweight to capitalism and what has that got to do with democracy? There are three Indian states, West Bengal, Kerala and Tripura that has communist governments that are elected democratically.

Nothing wrong with communism if a majority of the people want it. Guess what, Hugo Chavez, though a communist, is a democratically elected leader. The problem is with authoritarianism and lack of freedom of speech, not the concept of Communism or Marxism.

Our conclusions are based on free intercourse of ideas and debate because we have freedom of speech that China does not have.
well, pls has a investigation yourself,instead of be a yesman of west CNN-style medias, before you express you idea.

For example, I myself once tried to post many post on your "free" india medias such as rediff, Hindus.. and "free" west cyber websites such as NYT ,CNN and BBC.

However, I found that my posts have more chance to be censored on those "free medias" than on most Chinese non-governmental websites.

according to my experencie, the censorship on those "free west medias" is almost as strict as CCP's offical throats such as peopledaily and CCTV.

guy, have you any such personal experience????? have you ever posted any topic and hasd a discussion with CHinese on CHinese westsites before you blah "chinese have no freedom...." like a yesman of west medias?

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

well, pls has a investigation yourself,instead of be a yesman of west CNN-style medias, before you express you idea.

For example, I myself once tried to post many post on your "free" india medias such as rediff, Hindus.. and "free" west cyber websites such as NYT ,CNN and BBC.

However, I found that my posts have more chance to be censored on those "free medias" than on most Chinese non-governmental websites.

according to my experencie, the censorship on those "free west medias" is almost as strict as CCP's offical throats such as peopledaily and CCTV.

guy, have you any such personal experience????? have you ever posted any topic and hasd a discussion with CHinese on CHinese westsites before you blah "chinese have no freedom...." like a yesman of west medias?
When you go to those sites and act as per CCP propoganda obviously they will edit it . At least people there or here are not put behind bars just for having a different opinion.

pmaitra

I think the chance of Pakistan nuking India is much larger than the chance of Russia nuking China.
Pakistan's nukes are India specific.
Pakistan's nukes are:
  • India specific.
  • Probably are code locked by the US so that they cannot be used at all.
  • Will possibly be taken out by US and NATO in the near future.

Indian nukes are, in contrast, not Pakistan specific, if you know what I mean.

However, that does not change the fact that there is lack of freedom of speech in China and that dissidence is dealt with imprisonment and perhaps execution?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Keep patting yourself on the back about it.

Sikkim joined India voluntarily fearing Chinese aggression and I'd thank China for that.

India has good relations with all it's neighbours except 2. The prickly issues arise when hostile regimes assume power, but simply look at India, there is unity in diversity while China has unity by virtue of intimidation.

Moreover, China wouldn't have 20 neighbours if it gave up it's occupation of East Turkestan and Tibet. For example, why would China have to bother about East Turkestan's border with Tajikistan at all? Let the Uighurs and the Tajiks sort it out. Fact is that the Uighurs and Tajiks never had any problem with their intervening borders (AFAIK); but the problem came up only after Chinese occupation of East Turkestan. The Han Chinese can simply stay in their original territories.
LOL, you are really good at making big jokes.
Sikkim joined India voluntarily ? voluntarily ? Really, how many times have you heard a sovereignty joined another voluntarily ?

LOL, sorry, can stop laughing

pmaitra

refrain from painting all indians under the same brush you are borderline flaming here
By the way an Indian was the first asian to get a nobel prize 1910 i think..
It's Ronald Ross, a native Indian of European ancestry, who got Nobel Prize in 1957. He is the first Indian to get a Nobel Prize.
For a native Indian of Indian ancestry, it is Rabindranath Tagore, who got it in 1913.

The complete list can be found here: Nobel laureates of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

badguy2000

Respected Member
When you go to those sites and act as per CCP propoganda obviously they will edit it . At least people there or here are not put behind bars just for having a different opinion.
well,your above words fully show how hypocritical you "crusader of democracy" and your "speech freedom" are !

"a phraise of democracy" should be freely express in China...otherwise CHina is "no freedom of expression"

a praise of dictatorship should deserve censored in India and west....,even so India and west still are "free world"...haha

nimo_cn

Country flag
Pakistan's nukes are:
  • India specific.
  • Probably are code locked by the US so that they cannot be used at all.
  • Will possibly be taken out by US and NATO in the near future.
Another wishful thinking. Wish you good luck, when those nukes are dropping overhead.

Indian nukes are, in contrast, not Pakistan specific, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, i know what you mean, but who cares?
All i care there are India specific nukes sitting somewhere in the world, and they are not in China.

However, that does not change the fact that there is lack of freedom of speech in China and that dissidence is dealt with imprisonment and perhaps execution?
However, that does not change the fact Indian people are having the most horrible life in the world. And not only that, they have to be coerced by some hypocrite to believe they are having the most wonderful life on earth though many of them are starving.

Starvation is the most severe human right violation in the world.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

well,your above words fully show how hypocritical you "crusader of democracy" and your "speech freedom" are !

"a phraise of democracy" should be freely express in China...otherwise CHina is "no freedom of expression"

a praise of dictatorship should deserve censored in India and west....,even so India and west still are "free world"...haha
Since you have access to information across the globe. Can you point me to one article where an Indian political or human right activist has been behind the bars for even a year . Every media group have left right or center leaning and they will follow or report accordingly. whats wrong in it?

pmaitra

Another wishful thinking. Wish you good luck, when those nukes are dropping overhead.

Yeah, i know what you mean, but who cares?
All i care there are India specific nukes somewhere in the world, and there are not in China.

However, that does not change the fact Indian people are having the most horrible life in the world. And not only that, they have to be coerced by some hypocrite to believe they are having the most wonderful life on earth though many of them are starving.

Starvation is the most severe human right violation in the world.
I'd rather starve than be crushed under the tracks of a tank (Tienanmen Square). But then, that's just me.

nimo_cn

Country flag
refrain from painting all indians under the same brush you are borderline flaming here
By the way an Indian was the first asian to get a nobel prize 1910 i think..
Nobel peace Prize if you mind reading my post properly.

A.V.

ok guys i dont think mature members need any reminders how to behave but would like to point to please stick to the topic as can see things are going away from the core issue

Global Defence

New threads

Articles