Chinese Dissident Wins Nobel Peace Prize

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
^^^TR, Arundirty Roy is the best candidate. She has asked India to give up Kashmir, so that India can progress(read anti-national). She is anti-saffronisation of India(read anti-hindus). She is against exploitation of tribals(read Maoists). She has all the qualifications... :happy_7:
Jhonee, thats being too harsh on a certain mz dutt, and i protest it as a grave injustice you are handing out to her, someone who has worked her lungs out day in night out on national television to be a perfect match for the honours of nobel peace prize to be bestowed upon her and all you do is ignore her.

its she who takes on the mighty indian armed forces, how dare they have any of those special acts to protect themselves in the war they fight with terrorists.
it is she who is a part of track two peace diplomacy between india-pakistan and at times works as a courier on certain significant issues.
it is she who has her heart filled each time she hears the tragic story of injustice that happened to some kashmiri.
it is she who wants kashmiris to be liberated.
it is she who has taken on the mighty paramilitary forces.
it is she who has stood up for tribal rights.
it is she who dares to take on the hawks in india on her tv shows with much more harsher and rude tone and facial expressions and she has those powers where she can silence the most mighty of the opponents with just a stare which happens to be so scary.
it is she who fights for all the HR violations that happen in india.
it is she who is a leftist but then also shows her centrist credentials as and when it suits the agenda, which is any day better than a hardcore leftist that we see in mz roy. dont you know the west hates out right leftists and non believers.
it is her channel which happens to the unofficial spokesperson of the ruling party, so there also happens to be state backing.
it is her channel which makes sure no matter what a certain dictator and oppressor mr modi does his supposed follies of the past remain the most important aspect to be advocated.

johnee next time you utter or even dream of any other name than a certain mz dutt, you will be fired from dfi for sure. all i want you to do from now on wards is to make sure you start lobbing for her in power corridors that influence the decision making of nobel peace prize.

johnee

Jhonee, thats being too harsh on a certain mz dutt, and i protest it as a grave injustice you are handing out to her, someone who has worked her lungs out day in night out on national television to be a perfect match for the honours of nobel peace prize to be bestowed upon her and all you do is ignore her.

its she who takes on the mighty indian armed forces, how dare they have any of those special acts to protect themselves in the war they fight with terrorists.
it is she who is a part of track two peace diplomacy between india-pakistan and at times works as a courier on certain significant issues.
it is she who has her heart filled each time she hears the tragic story of injustice that happened to some kashmiri.
it is she who wants kashmiris to be liberated.
it is she who has taken on the mighty paramilitary forces.
it is she who has stood up for tribal rights.
it is she who dares to take on the hawks in india on her tv shows with much more harsher and rude tone and facial expressions and she has those powers where she can silence the most mighty of the opponents with just a stare which happens to be so scary.
it is she who fights for all the HR violations that happen in india.
it is she who is a leftist but then also shows her centrist credentials as and when it suits the agenda, which is any day better than a hardcore leftist that we see in mz roy. dont you know the west hates out right leftists and non believers.
it is her channel which happens to the unofficial spokesperson of the ruling party, so there also happens to be state backing.
it is her channel which makes sure no matter what a certain dictator and oppressor mr modi does his supposed follies of the past remain the most important aspect to be advocated.

johnee next time you utter or even dream of any other name than a certain mz dutt, you will be fired from dfi for sure. all i want you to do from now on wards is to make sure you start lobbing for her in power corridors that influence the decision making of nobel peace prize.
TR, you are missing the point of the Nobel. The prize is to encourage and give some credibility. Both of which are direly needed by Arundirty. As you have rightly pointed out Dutt is already having a field day. She has all the right connections. So why does she need a nobel? It is A-hole Roy who needs the nobel for her noble work... :angry_1:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
TR, you are missing the point of the Nobel. The prize is to encourage and give some credibility. Both of which are direly needed by Arundirty. As you have rightly pointed out Dutt is already having a field day. She has all the right connections. So why does she need a nobel? It is A-hole Roy who needs the nobel for her noble work... :angry_1:
cant agree with you there, an extreme leftist who advocates the mao style bloody revolution in india will be a certain no-no to the west. i am very sure no way does the west want another china, as oppressive, as detrimental to their interests to appear on the horizon and that too in a country that has everything in it to make as one of the most important country in times to come.

rebelkid,

i am just another non entity amongst the billion odd this country has, how does it matter if i take her seriously or not, but guess what, love her or hate her you just cant ignore her especially when she has influence in circles which happen to be who's who of india and people who influence the decision making of india.

Rebelkid

rebelkid,

i am just another non entity amongst the billion odd this country has, how does it matter if i take her seriously or not, but guess what, love her or hate her you just cant ignore her especially when she has influence in circles which happen to be who's who of India and people who influence the decision making of India.
Dude..its a forum... I do have the right to try to disagree with your viewpoint.so yeah it matter if you take her seriously because that is the problem..
She wants Kashmir to be separated, she supports a Chinese/North Korean Communist dictatorship these two combined will destroy the country within 5 years.. am not sure where she has influence, she tries to do absolutely anything to please people. According to my viewpoint she does it for nothing other than P.R statement, she mouths off about Indian brutality blah blah but when Maoists caused the train accident she kept quiet.

johnee

cant agree with you there, an extreme leftist who advocates the mao style bloody revolution in india will be a certain no-no to the west. i am very sure no way does the west want another china, as oppressive, as detrimental to their interests to appear on the horizon and that too in a country that has everything in it to make as one of the most important country in times to come.
Just because they confer a nobel doesnt mean a bloody revolution will be a success in India. A nobel will only mean more air time to the loony left views of Roy.

But if Burqua can somehow mediate some 'peace(pieces) deal' in which India gives up Kashmir to Pakistan directly or covertly, then the balance may tilt towards her. Otherwise, A-hole Roy is clearly a deserving candidate. The fact that she espouses causes even when she is considered a mentally retarded person by the nation, showcases are grit and determination. :emot159:

PS: BTW, Burqua TV is not the unofficial mouthpiece of Kangress. It is Sagarika's hubby TV. Of course, IMHO.

johnee

Dude..its a forum... I do have the right to try to disagree with your viewpoint.so yeah it matter if you take her seriously because that is the problem..
She wants Kashmir to be separated, she supports a Chinese/North Korean Communist dictatorship these two combined will destroy the country within 5 years.. am not sure where she has influence, she tries to do absolutely anything to please people. According to my viewpoint she does it for nothing other than P.R statement, she mouths off about Indian brutality blah blah but when Maoists caused the train accident she kept quiet.
GO Kid GO. Take TR to task....

PS: You are missing sarcasm...:emot15:

Iamanidiot

Ritesh What Arundhati Roy is saying about tribals and Chidambaram is 100% right.Maoism and Naxalism is nothing but a manifestation of the failure of governance of the Indian state when it comes to governance in Orissa,Jharkhand and Chattisgarh.It will be hard for you to believe that there are places in Dandakaranya(Bastar and Dantewada )where no representative of the India government has ever stepped into.Infact Bastar district is twice the size of NCR region but has only one police station.It neither has a primary school or the most basic dispensary.If anyone is responsible for naxalism it sole is us we left our tribal brethren for the wolves..Some of the worst exploitation in post modern india is happening in the central indian region ,which we sadly are unaware of.The Maoist movement is being fueled by all this shit the maoists are anti-national sure..

IF we need to cut the Maoists to size accountability and governance must be give in huge dosses to central indian states.Bihar doesn't have naxal problem because Nitesh kumar is giving great governance ,maosim is rampant in Bengal because Left ruined it and raped it.So some of Arundhati Roy's views for the cause of naxalism are certainly correct

Where as when it comes to Kashmir she knows shit about kashmir issue and its Hydrological importance to the indian sub continent and the reasons for holding to kashmir.Some of her views on Kashmir make feel she must be murdered.

In short I cannot completely disagree with her I have to partly agree with her

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is China's first Nobel Prize!

Congratulations!

China is really coming of age!

johnee

It is China's first Nobel Prize!

Congratulations!

China is really coming of age!
First?!! Are you saying that HH Dalai Lama is not a chinese? :happy_2:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Rebelkid,

nothing stops you from highlighting what you want to and me being a part of mod team in no way impedes your right to disagree with me on issues you dont agree with me, so you are absolutely free to say whatever you want to.

my take is simple. as an indian just like you and i, she has every right to say whatever she wants to, a right the constitution of india gives us and on a similar plank even arundhati roy has every right to say that she says till the time she is not crossing the lines set by our constitution. do i agree with her or not, well to quite a large extent i dont including her take on kashmir.

johnee

my take is simple. as an indian just like you and i, she has every right to say whatever she wants to, a right the constitution of india gives us
Except that she is managing a news network and her biased view or misrepresenting of facts can have impact on the gullible audience. So, the general freedom of speech is different from her freedom to misguide the people.

Rebelkid

Rebelkid,

nothing stops you from highlighting what you want to and me being a part of mod team in no way impedes your right to disagree with me on issues you dont agree with me, so you are absolutely free to say whatever you want to.

my take is simple. as an indian just like you and i, she has every right to say whatever she wants to, a right the constitution of india gives us and on a similar plank even arundhati roy has every right to say that she says till the time she is not crossing the lines set by our constitution. do i agree with her or not, well to quite a large extent i dont including her take on kashmir.
Ofcourse we all have the right to say what we want but, taking her seriously will only make her more popular, she is already a pain in the ass

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Ritesh What Arundhati Roy is saying about tribals and Chidambaram is 100% right.Maoism and Naxalism is nothing but a manifestation of the failure of governance of the Indian state when it comes to governance in Orissa,Jharkhand and Chattisgarh.It will be hard for you to believe that there are places in Dandakaranya(Bastar and Dantewada )where no representative of the India government has ever stepped into.Infact Bastar district is twice the size of NCR region but has only one police station.It neither has a primary school or the most basic dispensary.If anyone is responsible for naxalism it sole is us we left our tribal brethren for the wolves..Some of the worst exploitation in post modern india is happening in the central indian region ,which we sadly are unaware of.The Maoist movement is being fueled by all this shit the maoists are anti-national sure..

IF we need to cut the Maoists to size accountability and governance must be give in huge dosses to central indian states.Bihar doesn't have naxal problem because Nitesh kumar is giving great governance ,maosim is rampant in Bengal because Left ruined it and raped it.So some of Arundhati Roy's views for the cause of naxalism are certainly correct

Where as when it comes to Kashmir she knows shit about kashmir issue and its Hydrological importance to the indian sub continent and the reasons for holding to kashmir.Some of her views on Kashmir make feel she must be murdered.

In short I cannot completely disagree with her I have to partly agree with her
mate i have nothing against mz roy per say and i agree with her to the extent that the state has failed its own people many a times and our tribal areas being one of them but that said nothing should also give her the right to suggest things like gandhians with gun, how much more stupid can that get or where she advocates bloody revolution mao style, those things just go against the very ethos of india on which it has been built.

that said, yes we have a bureaucratic system which is inept in more ways than one, police force which is most definitely oppressive with very few men of honour who stand for the rights of others, a political community made of thugs largely who are in this just to make money for in india no business is better than the politics, landlords who have exploited the tribals over the ages of what was rightfully theirs and a business community who are seen as much a part of the who corrupt system but then again taking arms struggle against the state, well i dont quite agree.

quite possible the only way left for these people was to take up the arms and only then would we have done some soul searching as has been happening in the past year or so and so i believe it is important that rather than these people (maoists) be crushed completely the effort should be to bring them to the political system but more importantly will they ever do that when they dont even agree with the parliamentary style of democracy.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Except that she is managing a news network and her biased view or misrepresenting of facts can have impact on the gullible audience. So, the general freedom of speech is different from her freedom to misguide the people.
well everyone has an agenda, lets not run away from that fact, the leftists in media have their own just like the rightists in media have but till the time that is happening within the set parameters of the constitution of india, i am more or less fine with it and if people have a problem then there is always the SC of india.

johnee

well everyone has an agenda, lets not run away from that fact, the leftists in media have their own just like the rightists in media have but till the time that is happening within the set parameters of the constitution of india, i am more or less fine with it and if people have a problem then there is always the SC of india.
Since everyone has an agenda, there must be some guidelines for the media and an enforcing authority independent of Govt. Running to SC everytime is impractical...

johnee

Rightists in media?!! Not seen many. At best they are neutral...Arunabh Goswami comes to mind. Even he is anti-right.

pmaitra

There are always dissidents in societies.

I wonder how Indians would feel if people like Arundhati Roy or Mamata Banerjee were given the Nobel Peace Prize.

Regarding the Maoist Problem, IMHO:
  • Their cause is absolutely legitimate.
  • Their means is absolutely illegitimate. (their means is that of violence)
Now the question is, did the Maoists have any other alternative to the illegitimate means of using violence? That is the point of debate here.

Regarding the Chinese dissident, I think India should simply stay away from this as long as it doesn't affect India. However, such dissidents can come handy in case there is escalation of hostilities between India and PRC.

Iamanidiot

Ritesh good governance will cut fertile recruitment grounds for Maoists..Ex Bihar With the advent of nitesh kumar Governance was given a much better priority and suddenly there is no incentive to take the gun.Infact there was more incentive to surrender it.Naxalism is a socio-economic problem directly and effect of bad governance.Chidambaram was saying it as a law and order problem is an deliberate agenda he coveted the mineral wealth there.To destroy Maoism the first step is governance

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Since everyone has an agenda, there must be some guidelines for the media and an enforcing authority independent of Govt. Running to SC everytime is impractical...
well yes i think there should be certain guidelines like if there is a terror attack, or a communal violence, or a law and order disturbance etc happen then how much air time needs to be given, the government (UPA 1) tried regulating the media but there was this huge opposition to it and they shelved the idea.

Rightists in media?!! Not seen many. At best they are neutral...Arunabh Goswami comes to mind. Even he is anti-right.
now you havent seen the the hindi media, have you?

johnee

well yes i think there should be certain guidelines like if there is a terror attack, or a communal violence, or a law and order disturbance etc happen then how much air time needs to be given, the government (UPA 1) tried regulating the media but there was this huge opposition to it and they shelved the idea.
Also the media must declare if the news published by it is a paid news. Media houses' business deals need to be monitored as well. The problem with Govt directly regulating the news would be curbing of free dissemination of news which have the potential to go against the govt or party in the govt.

now you havent seen the the hindi media, have you?
I glance through them. Hindi channels also happen to have the same network as the english channels. I mean, a network has an english channel and a hindi channel. So, there wont be much difference. Of course, the hindi channels may air some daily devotional programmes but thats different.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles