Chinese Dissident Wins Nobel Peace Prize

badguy2000

Respected Member
Since you have access to information across the globe. Can you point me to one article where an Indian political or human right activist has been behind the bars for even a year . Every media group have left right or center leaning and they will follow or report accordingly. whats wrong in it?
at least I know that I a am a guy who can read medias both from west and CCP at the same time and get more balanced information than you.

pmaitra

at least I know that I a am a guy who can read medias both from west and CCP at the same time and get more balanced information than you.
Ok, trusting that you have a balanced information about different things in general and the topic of this thread in particular, how would you or the government of PRC respond if someone laid down the following demands?

1. Amending the Constitution.
  2. Separation of powers.
  3. Legislative democracy.
  4. An independent judiciary.
  5. Public control of public servants.
  6. Guarantee of human rights.
  7. Election of public officials.
  8. Rural–urban equality.
  9. Freedom of association.
  10. Freedom of assembly.
  11. Freedom of expression.
  12. Freedom of religion.
  13. Civic education.
  14. Protection of private property.
  15. Financial and tax reform.
  16. Social security.
  17. Protection of the environment.
  18. A federated republic.
  19. Truth in reconciliation.

SHASH2K2

Ok, trusting that you have a balanced information about different things in general and the topic of this thread in particular, how would you or the government of PRC respond if someone laid down the following demands?

2. Separation of powers.
  8. Rural–urban equality.
  10. Freedom of assembly.
  12. Freedom of religion.
  13. Civic education.
  16. Social security.

Its anti National activity and offcourse person will be put behind the bars like Liu is now.

nimo_cn

Country flag
there are individuals who are beyond such things anyway mother teresa in one such being
Yes, i agree, Noble Peace Prize is sh!t.

Don't take what i said personal, JPraveen.
I am not an unreasonable man, i can reason with people who are reasonable and sensible.
I am not gonna stereotype all Indians just because of JPraveen. China is a victim of stereotyping, i understand what that feeling is.

What is going on here is just between me and JPraveen. But i apologize for making it ugly.

nimo_cn

Country flag

2. Separation of powers.
  8. Rural–urban equality.
  10. Freedom of assembly.
  12. Freedom of religion.
  13. Civic education.
  16. Social security.
Nothing will happen to him as long as he is not pro-colonialism.

pmaitra

Its anti National activity and offcourse person will be put behind the bars like Liu is now.
You are absolutely right.

Allow me to draw parallels between PRC and Pakistan:

PRC will brand a person anti-national while Pakistan will brand a person a Kafir, Enemy of Islam or RAW/Mossad/CIA agent and take action against anything that challenges the authority of the ruling entity; i.e. the Chinese Communist Party in PRC and the Pakistani Army and ISI combine in Pakistan!

No wonder China and Pakistan are such great friends. As they say, "Birds of the same feather, flock together."

Last edited:

pmaitra

He is pro-colonialism.
Are you blind? I add a pre-condition.

Nothing will happen to him as long as he is not pro-colonialism.
Please provide some references to back up your hitherto unsupported claim that Liu Xiaobo is pro-colonialist.

From my perspective, none of Liu Xiaobo's demands reiterated and quoted by me have anything to do with supporting colonialism.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think that is an overstatement.

It maybe that in China there are official 'minders' of the domestic and foreign media, to include the print and electronic, and hence have a fair idea of what is going on in the world. However, balanced view it might not be, since the mindset would be to protect China from 'subversive' material and unless one is sold to the 'official view', one cannot pry out the 'subversive material'.

In India, everyman Jack, who can read has access to all types of material, and those who can't read, have access to world TV. Therefore, they are better equipped to know the views worldwide than the Chinese. There is no censorship in India and there can be none either.

Switch on and we see the Chinese TV and the PTV too, apart from QTV.

As far as 'balanced view' I saw the BBC World Debate yesterday where there was also the Governor of the Chinese Bank and what he was trying to project was hardly 'balanced'.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Which imperial power is Liu Xiaobo supporting?

A nasty chap he is if he is supporting.

But then, is he supporting any colonial power or just asking for the right to have a mind and speech that is not trained like the conditioned reflex Pavlovian dogs?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yet all die to get one!

Funny, what?

But then, sad it is that Abou ben Adhem did not get it!

It was before his time and he was just beautiful poetry!

pmaitra

He has been imprisoned to protect himself from himself!

By not having conditioned reflexes to Chinese Communist dictates, he is exposing himself to dangers.

He, thus, requires to be confined and saved from dangers.
I fully agree with this very apt sarcasm of yours.

Indeed are the multitude unfortunate enough that do not have the right to even think for a better future. Would it not have been a much more humane and practical approach to at least introduce a debate on Liu Xiaobo's ideas and at least evaluate the possible benefits China could accrue out of some kind of reform in the Chinese system? Instead, they threw him into prison.

A time will come, surely, when things will snap. Such a time, last seen on the streets of Moscow, when Yeltsin (I am not a fan of this guy) climbed a tank and argued with the soldiers and turned the tide against the existing regime. When something like that happens in China, which will, once the copy-paste-and-mass-manufacture and the cheap-goods-export-to-the-US bubbles burst, there won't be enough prisons to hold even a tenth of the dissidents in or enough tanks to crush a tenth of the protesters or enough soldiers to fire upon a tenth of the dissenting citizens.

Power corrupts in time, absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You can start a thread on Liu Xiaobo's thoughts.

However, it should be objective without any personal bias which goes down in flames.

I was not being sarcastic. I believe that is the official reason normally given. Or so the western media informed in the days when RD published those exciting stories about the Iron and the Bamboo Curtains!

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

The CCP has the peoples support right now in China,cant say about the future though.The Chinese fear of a regime change that something worse than the previous may emerge and it may be bloody

pmaitra

By 'debate on Liu Xiaobo's ideas', I meant the Chinese government should have encouraged a National Debate in China where the people of China would arbitrate on the merits and demerits of Liu Xiaobo's ideas. It's not about me liking his ideas or not. Eventually, it is the people of China who should decide what kind of structure their government should be in. Clearly that is not the case as of now.
And then China goes into another Cultural Revolution?

They survived one.

That would be pushing Lady Luck too far!

sorry Pmaitra,

I messed up your post by pressing the wrong button!

Last edited by a moderator:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Which is why the Chinese government tried so hard (threatening the Norwegian government, etc) since nominations were announced, to prevent it from going to Liu, and then spent all its propaganda resources on censorship, media-blackouts, and spin-doctoring things about Liu and the credibility of the Nobel Prize.

Really, Nobel Prize is sh!t. =heheh

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles