Chinese defence budget set to double by 2015 !!

ice berg

So you agree that PRC's bigger enemy is its own people rather than some foreign country ?
Is that not the case for every dictatorship in the world? That is why it is so funny see all the China warmongering threads in the forum. China got enough problems on her own, thank you very much.

J20!

Country flag
Yes to all, it all depends when China snaps, and snap it will.
The US has turned its complete and full attention to the pacific for exactly that.
You can rest assured, any attack on taiwan, philippines or even Japan, will bring the US in, and will result in India inching on the border areas. You guys will be toast. No one country is ever to going to attack you, nobody needs. You will attack them, US and India are waiting just for that. You idiot, look at how some fishing boat incidents in Philippines and Oil expoloration incidents in Vietnam, brought so much pressure on china, when US jumped into help out Philippines and India - Vietnam grew closer. You are your own worst enemy. You are trying to do what Americans did 120 years ago, but unfortunately for you little ----s, the times have changed.

And behave on an Indian forum. You are lucky I am not the Mod, because I would have banned such condescending disrespectful enemy ----s a long time ago.
I'll ask again, why would China attack Japan and vise versa? We are each others largest trading partners, Japan is a pacifist nation that is no threat to us. Why would China waste its time warring with the tiny Phillipines? Your asia vs China fantasies are just that, fantasies. Vietnam stand against China? Whenn it basically lives of us anyway? The US fears having a peer nation at par with it, a country that could counter all its hegemonic moves world wide, but would the US sink its economy as well as that of ALL its asian and european allies with a war against China? And please, all your "mighty india" will defeat China talk is getting old, get in touch with the world's realities.

I will post whatever it is I wish. Do you think you hold some position of power because you're indian? I will not be told what to do by a whelp of a boy who seems to live in a make believe world of his making.

Adux

Country flag
I'll ask again, why would China attack Japan and vise versa? We are each others largest trading partners, Japan is a pacifist nation that is no threat to us. Why would China waste its time warring with the tiny Phillipines? Your asia vs China fantasies are just that, fantasies. Vietnam stand against China? Whenn it basically lives of us anyway? The US fears having a peer nation at par with it, a country that could counter all its hegemonic moves world wide, but would the US sink its economy as well as that of ALL its asian and european allies with a war against China? And please, all your "mighty india" will defeat China talk is getting old, get in touch with the world's realities.

I will post whatever it is I wish. Do you think you hold some position of power because you're indian? I will not be told what to do by a whelp of a boy who seems to live in a make believe world of his making.
Guess who was Japan's greatest trade partner before World War 2?
Vietnam has done it before, now especially with Oil involved, they will do it again
If US economy sinks, you are economy as good gone especially with no good TB's
Mighty India has always ----ed Chinese, it has how it has happened before, its been how it has happenend in 67 and 87, and just one 62 is not going to change.
Shut up squint eyed chicom, be the zombie that you are, and you will learn something from intelligent people, who dont censor and control things like your no good country.
China cannot and will not be allowed to dictate terms, either by the US or India. Both of them are more than enough to stop you idiotic country.

Country flag
China defence budget to double over 5 years

China defence budget to double over 5 years: IHS

China's defence budget will double between 2011 and 2015 and outstrip the combined spending of all other key defence markets in the Asia-Pacific region, global research group IHS said Tuesday.

China's defence budget stood at $119.8 billion last year and will rise to $238.2 billion in 2015, marking a combined annual growth rate of 18.75 percent during the period, the US-based IHS said in a forecast.

The 2015 figure exceeds the combined total of the next 12 biggest defence budgets in the region, forecast to hit $232.5 billion, and will be almost four times second-placer Japan's defence spending that year, it added.

"Beijing has been able to devote an increasingly large portion of its overall budget towards defence and has been steadily building up its military capabilities for more than two decades," said Rajiv Biswas, Asia-Pacific chief economist for IHS Global Insight.

"This will continue unless there is an economic catastrophe."

The growth in China's defence budget -- which averaged 12 percent annually from 2000-2009 -- will benefit from the projected surge in the gross domestic product of Asia's largest economy in the next three years.

China will use the additional cash to modernise its equipment while reducing its manpower, resulting in a higher amount of funding per member of its armed forces, IHS said in its report.

Aside from China and Japan, the report also tracks the military spending of India, South Korea, Australia, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and New Zealand.

The US government's "renewed Asia-Pacific focus" is helping fuel China's expansion of its defence budget, according IHS Global Insight's Asia-Pacific head Sarah McDowall.

"China's expanding defence budget has intensified concern among various governments. Perhaps most importantly, it has prompted Washington to undertake a diplomatic campaign to reassert its profile in the Pacific," she said.

"Washington is also keen to ensure freedom of navigation through important sea lanes in the region and to maintain a situational awareness of China's military development," McDowall added.

President Barack Obama, while seeking to trim military spending in response to budget pressures, has vowed to boost US power in Asia where a number of nations have voiced concern at what they see as a more assertive China.

This concern will also drive other Asia-Pacific countries to shore up their budgets but it will not be their sole impetus, said Paul Burton, senior principal analyst of IHS Jane's Defence Budgets.

"China's rise is not the only motivator. There are a number of lingering security issues, driven by competition for untapped natural resources, that are prompting many states to increase their defence to GDP ratio," he said.

Vietnam and Indonesia in particular are expected to increase defence spending at a rate that exceeds their GDP growth, Burton added.

But the two countries' defence budgets will not be able to match up to the resources of their smaller but wealthier Southeast Asian neighbour Singapore, which will spend $12.3 billion on defence in 2015, IHS predicted.

no smoking

Country flag
Vietnam has done it before, now especially with Oil involved, they will do it again
Mighty India has always ----ed Chinese, it has how it has happened before, its been how it has happenend in 67 and 87, and just one 62 is not going to change.
Shut up squint eyed chicom, be the zombie that you are, and you will learn something from intelligent people, who dont censor and control things like your no good country.
China cannot and will not be allowed to dictate terms, either by the US or India. Both of them are more than enough to stop you idiotic country.
Growp up, kid.
I don't know where you get these fantasy. You would be better to come out of your bedroom and have a look at the real world. Your 'mighty' india doesn't stop China. We already stepped into your continent: yes, bangladish, Nepal, Maldive... everywhere. We simply have far money than you!

Worst of worse, we are earning far more profit than you in sino-india trade. In other word, we are drinking your blood, my friend.

You can yelling whatever you want. But you still cannot change the fact: we are making money while your mighty india is struggling to overcome your growing trade deficit every year.

B

billyong

India doesnt have to you little twit, good for nothing squint eyes. All India has to increase its nuclear capacity expontenially, which it is currently doing. It wont take much more than 3 billion dollars a year. Simple, Easy and Productive. And you ----s can do jackshit. If you could have, you already would have.
LOL China start make nuclear warhead since 1960!
U.S. study claims massive underground Chinese nuclear stockpile
China was preparing a full-scale nuclear war with Soviet Union or NATO during clod war for 30years! The Name is call "da 3 xian".
This project still continue right now slowly.
India's nuclear capacity is just a dangerous Toy in front US,RUSSA AND CHINA.

"Estimates of China's nuclear warheads fall between 80 to 400. But the students and their professor claim that the "Underground Wall of China" hides a more massive and sophisticated nuclear arsenal than the U.S. or any other government suspects. According to Karber, judging from the scale of China's underground network of tunnels, China's nuclear warheads could be as many as 3,000."

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There will be no nuclear war between major powers. There will be however plenty of opportunities for show-of-force and limited foreign interventions by these powers in the future. So superpower status will be dictated more by a country's conventional forces and its global reach than nuclear weapons stockpile...

Last edited:
B

billyong

LOL .When I saw "Mighty India"...I can help myself to laugh at it!
India average GDP 1,527US-> (2011) China's (Second poorest province ) Tibet ->2,558 US (2010)
"Vietnam has done it before, now especially with Oil involved, they will do it again"??
The history is China attacked Vietnam. Not Vietnam attack China
"China cannot and will not be allowed to dictate terms, either by the US or India. Both of them are more than enough to stop you idiotic country."
US maybe....India? by what? Military ?Economy? politice? Your Dream?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Hmm..

Chinese figure are rising triple zero every year..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles