Chinese defence budget set to double by 2015 !!

Adux

Country flag
Two fronts is not a problem that cannot be accosted.

That is what I think is the reality.

In such a scenario, there will be other players (including those one may not state openly) who will ensure that the other two does not get an upper hand, and instead be slightly dented so that their cockiness is brought down a notch or two!
You know much more on the subject, So I will refrain. But it is comforting.
But a two front war will cost India much more than Pakistan and China. That is unacceptable to me. I am firmbeliever in the American model, of fighting our War's in their lands, than on ours.
Overwhelming nuclear superiority should be our aim along with strong alliances. But are we ready to accept some of American demands, and they ours?

pmaitra

I am firmbeliever in the American model, of fighting our War's in their lands, than on ours.
I presented a similar argument to a Russian friend who said that Putin should not have sent soldiers into Chechnya because that is what was causing so many soldiers to die. I responded by saying, if you do not go in there and fight, they will come to your home city and carry out terrorist attacks.

If a country has the military and economic capability, it should go and fight the war on the enemy's turf. Is India capable of that? Perhaps in South Asia, but not very far, realistically speaking.

AprilLyrics

Brigadier,

Pakistan has this ideology down to the T.Two Front war by Pakistan-China is serious and we will loose. Mad Dog works.
We should be the Mad Dog, for the next 20 years.
It is important for us to lower the threshold, that they dont even contemplate a limited conventional two nation attack on India.
We should have enough nukes and delivery system to send them both to the stone age together.
It is a given fact, that in 40-50 years, we will surpass the Chinese economy, our Freedom and Democracy will paying off for us by such dividends by that time.
Wow....stone age....and ur fact can predict things 40-50 years later....Good luck.i will be waiting for these coming true in Beijing that time....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You know much more on the subject, So I will refrain. But it is comforting.
But a two front war will cost India much more than Pakistan and China. That is unacceptable to me. I am firmbeliever in the American model, of fighting our War's in their lands, than on ours.
Overwhelming nuclear superiority should be our aim along with strong alliances. But are we ready to accept some of American demands, and they ours?

Indeed, a two front would be a heavy commitment for India in every way.

There are countries of reckoning who would like China to be brought down a notch or two.

China is well aware of it. Therefore, it will rumble a lot, but that is about all!

Indeed, the nuclear arsenal should be such that it is a deterrent for adventurers and hegemonic carpetbaggers !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Wow....stone age....and ur fact can predict things 40-50 years later....Good luck.i will be waiting for these coming true in Beijing that time....
Stone age I presume he meant in a manner of poetic syntax.

That India will surpass is what international observers predict, but then, time alone can tell!

AprilLyrics

I am firmbeliever in the American model, of fighting our War's in their lands, than on ours.
1.er....obsessive -compulsive disorder of war?better to see a psychologist.
2.u can beg American for some of their demands.they will consider it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The US requires India more than India requires the US!

Adux

Country flag
My favorite kind of chew toy - Chicom.
Do you know what a OCD is?
Nobody likes you chicoms, nobody has to beg anyone to punch your guts.

Adux

Country flag
I presented a similar argument to a Russian friend who said that Putin should not have sent soldiers into Chechnya because that is what was causing so many soldiers to die. I responded by saying, if you do not go in there and fight, they will come to your home city and carry out terrorist attacks.

If a country has the military and economic capability, it should go and fight the war on the enemy's turf. Is India capable of that? Perhaps in South Asia, but not very far, realistically speaking.
And you are right on both counts, i think there is a lot more military and political capability to be made before we really venture out.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Dhravi residents who are packed into an area no more than 1.7 square kilometers (probably the worst place to live on earth with good margin, can't image how could 1 million people live on so little land!!!)
Just like a billion Chinese are managing to survive on the Eastern coast since most of China is uninhabitable. Seems like you are one of those few happy Chinese.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
I see my flag has been changed to China without my consent. OK, i don't have a problem with that as I am a person of chinese ancestry and generally I take China's side in most discussions. I just hope that the same applies to all members including a certain big-mouth indian who likes to hide under a french flag.

Iamanidiot

Hi, may I remind you that your country which is generally regarded as one of the world's poorest, is on the verge to sign a 20 billion dollar deal for 126 french jets, a deal that most likely will escalate to 50 billion when taking into consideration of life-time training/weapons/maintainance/upgrades. Have you ever thought that the money could instead be spent on improving the lifes of the million strong Dhravi residents who are packed into an area no more than 1.7 square kilometers (probably the worst place to live on earth with good margin, can't image how could 1 million people live on so little land!!!). The MMRCA deal is just the tip of the iceberg as far as India's planned defence procurement goes. By my own account India will spend around 100 billion dollars on foreign arms just in the next decade. Don't you have a problem with that? What's your take on all those purchases from foreign arms dealers at a time when 40% of India's children are undernourished or 60% of India's population don't have access to any toilet facilites?
you are eligible for Tihar jail

SPIEZ

Country flag
USA seems to be the one which is begging us. For 1) F16/ F18 deal (2) after both got disqualified they try to sneak the F35 in.

And Ind could have bought those and forged a long term relationship with the US(and scarred the $hit out of China). Did you see any of those things happening ?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Annihilation may not be acceptable in today's context.

Ideal would be to have them go back into the days of the Opium ecstasy, in the modern sense!

There is already enough of discontent amongst the people along the peripheral areas of China!

Ethnicity and religion are great force multipliers!

The sham that all people of China are Hans should be exposed!
AprilLyrics, read this, things are going on just as I have predicted. Internal instablity inside China is the only thing Ray can count on.

J20!

Country flag
Even right now, China's defence budget is 3 times that of India, most of which is spent on a few fancy western toys whilst your army cant even feed its troops well enough. Phrases like "we will annihalate China" make you sound like unrealistic children. Face the facts, China is the most powerful nation in Asia, with the second highest defence budget on the globe by a very wide margin, whilst India's defence budget is less than that of Saudi Arabia which has a fraction of India's troops and tanks. Huffing and puffing on a forum with excuses like "totalitarian regimes" cannot change that reality.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I wonder if Vietnam had bigger budget than US when the latter got defeated ?

China spends more on internal defense than on external threats.

Who's the real enemy of PRC? Foreign countries or its own people ?

Last edited:

ice berg

I wonder if Vietnam had bigger budget than US when the latter got defeated ?

China spends more on internal defense than on external threats.

Who's the real enemy of PRC? Foreign countries or its own people ?
US got defeated by Vietnam? You got be kidding me. I suggest you take another look at the history.

THe vietcong was a spent force after the Tet offensive.

Agree with the rest. No need to play the China card then , right?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
So you agree that PRC's bigger enemy is its own people rather than some foreign country ?

Adux

Country flag
Even right now, China's defence budget is 3 times that of India, most of which is spent on a few fancy western toys whilst your army cant even feed its troops well enough. Phrases like "we will annihalate China" make you sound like unrealistic children. Face the facts, China is the most powerful nation in Asia, with the second highest defence budget on the globe by a very wide margin, whilst India's defence budget is less than that of Saudi Arabia which has a fraction of India's troops and tanks. Huffing and puffing on a forum with excuses like "totalitarian regimes" cannot change that reality.
Oh, So sad you cant buy any toys, because nobody like you stupid chicoms. We are holding on to South Tibet, come get it. You little chicom, I dare ya. I cant wait for India burn you ----s down.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles