Chinese daily calls for 'small-scale war' against Philippines

Country flag
True, the saying "United we stand, divided we fall" applies to ASEAN.

I think ASEAN is more of an economic bloc rather than a military one.

Thank you for the warm welcome.:)
How much of an economy will ASEAN have if China bullies war against the smaller
nations and tries to control the waters?????

s002wjh

Country flag
US will be involved no matter what China does. US will make sure chinese
don't get past their shoreline.
it depend how it start it. did US bomb NK, when NK sink one of SK ships or bomb SK island? no.

US could send in its fleet if conflict started, but only to show of force, not start a war.
the only way US will start a war is china been really aggressive and start invade philipine mainland, which will never happen.

Country flag
it depend how it start it. did US bomb NK, when NK sink one of SK ships or bomb SK island? no.

US could send in its fleet if conflict started, but only to show of force, not start a war.
the only way US will start a war is china been really aggressive and start invade philipine mainland, which will never happen.
How can you be sure?? Maybe US or UN should police the waters make
sure China is in check.

s002wjh

Country flag
the thing is china HAS ZERO interest to start a war and push ASEAN further to US. china-ASEAN econoemy are more important for ASEAN. most stuff china sell goes to US/europe/S.american and other countries.

Country flag
US commander reaffirms Philippines defence treaty - Yahoo! News Philippines

US commander reaffirms Philippines defence treaty

A senior US commander in the Pacific reaffirmed the United States' mutual defence treaty with the Philippines Sunday amid increased tensions between the archipelago and China.
In the strongest comments yet from an American official on the South China Sea dispute, Commander of the US Marines in the Pacific Lieutenant General Duane Thiessen said the Philippines and US were bound by a military agreement.

"The United States and the Philippines have a mutual defence treaty which guarantees that we get involved in each other's defense and that is self explanatory," he told reporters in Puerto Princesa, the capital of Palawan.
Thiessen was responding to a question about whether the US would provide assistance if Chinese armed forces attacked Philippine units over conflicting claims to the Scarborough Shoal which have flared up in recent weeks.
The US commander did not elaborate on what kind of assistance would be provided.
He also stressed that US-Philippine military exercises that began last week were not directed at China and not linked to territorial tensions.

"There is no direct linkage. There is no tie between Scarborough Shoal and US movement in the Pacific," he said.
His remarks came after Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario issued a statement calling on other countries to take a stand on China's alleged aggressiveness in the region.

"Since the freedom of navigation and unimpeded commerce in the (South China Sea) are of great import to many nations, all should consider what China is endeavouring to do in the Scarborough Shoal," del Rosario said.
"All, not just the Philippines will be ultimately negatively affected if we do not take a stand," he said in an SMS message sent to reporters.

Chinese and Philippine ships began a standoff in Scarborough Shoal on April 8, giving increased attention to the annual joint military exercise this year.

A Philippine coast guard ship and two Chinese vessels are still facing off over the two countries' conflicting claims to the shoal, about 230 kilometres (140 miles) from the main Philippine island of Luzon.
A Chinese military paper recently warned that the latest US-Philippine exercise increased the threat of an armed confrontation in the region.

China claims all of the South China Sea, even up to the coasts of other countries including the Philippines, directly conflicting with the claims of many of its neighbours.

While the Philippines concedes it cannot stand up to China's military might, officials have also cited its 1951 mutual defence treaty which calls on the United States to come to the country's aid in case of external attack.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
its call media. the purpose is to make sensational. anything invovle with china big or small with get headline here.
yes, but the problem is.. the media which published this article is 'official' mouth piece of Chinese communist government and various military personals.

:rofl:

s002wjh

Country flag
How can you be sure?? Maybe US or UN should police the waters make
sure China is in check.
if we look at recent US response to iran/Nkorea, they didn't do much other than talks. most american are tired of war, 14T debt and growing. US/china war will not benefit either economy. again whats the BIG benefit for US to get involved in a war with china? not much, but the cost is great. + i doubt most american want a war with china. i doubt china want a war.

Country flag
US commander just reaffirmed that US will get involved if Phillipines Is attacked
I will take his word for it, over the hot air you are spewing.

s002wjh

Country flag
yes, but the problem is.. the media which published this article is 'official' mouth piece of Chinese communist government and various military personals.

US do that alot too. unless a top chinese said these things, ill take as a grain of salt.

trackwhack

if we look at recent US response to iran/Nkorea, they didn't do much other than talks. most american are tired of war, 14T debt and growing. US/china war will not benefit either economy. again whats the BIG benefit for US to get involved in a war with china? not much, but the cost is great. + i doubt most american want a war with china. i doubt china want a war.
A US China proxy war through Philippines will rout the Chinese economy and give a nice lift to the American economy. You must be loose to think otherwise.

p.s. I know you live in the US. Please dont start your response with that.

s002wjh

Country flag
US commander just reaffirmed that US will get involved if Phillipines Is attacked
I will take his word for it, over the hot air you are spewing.
yes US talk alot too after NK sink S.korean ship? anything happened? sure of chinese invasion of phillipine mainland, i doubt US will start a war with china. its all face value talk. chinese general even said they will bomb LA if US involve in taiwan stuff:rofl:.

s002wjh

Country flag
A US China proxy war through Philippines will rout the Chinese economy and give a nice lift to the American economy. You must be loose to think otherwise.

p.s. I know you live in the US. Please dont start your response with that.
ask any economy expert, they will say the lost to US coporation will be huge. stock market will fall etc etc. there are no lift to US economy by going to war with china. show me good source that says this

trackwhack

yes US talk alot too after NK sink S.korean ship? anything happened? sure of chinese invasion of phillipine mainland, i doubt US will start a war with china. its all face value talk. chinese general even said they will bomb LA if US involve in taiwan stuff:rofl:.
oooh, look at the pseudo american talking ... :lol: quoting for posterity

Kiyoshi

I think ASEAN would be better of being an individual nations if each member can't even support the other. at least indonesia, vietnam and the philippines did sor, I wonder why singapore,malaysia and thailand aren't taking any actions.

trackwhack

ask any economy expert, they will say the lost to US coporation will be huge. stock market will fall etc etc. there are no lift to US economy by going to war with china. show me good source that says this
The US economy is big enough to last decades in a war with China. Chinese wont have food after two weeks of war with the US. Stop talking like a dolt. You dont even produce enough food for your people, how are you gonna survive a war?

Country flag
I think ASEAN would be better of being an individual nations if each member can't even support the other. at least indonesia, vietnam and the philippines did sor, I wonder why singapore,malaysia and thailand aren't taking any actions.
Don't worry Phillipines the world is on your side.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
yup, india, ASEAN, US, japan and south korea should do that.. it would be nice too if taiwan and russian could join.
Tibbet should revolt as well and make use of the situation.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
US do that alot too. unless a top chinese said these things, ill take as a grain of salt.

wake up... :rofl:

communist china do have free media. to publish a news in your 'official mouthpiece' newspaper, they need blessings from government and ccp and various hancos from military. news are published only after pre-approval and everything is censored. so your newspaper reflect the christmas plans of big dogs in your country.. and here you are downplaying it.. :pound:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles