Chinese copy Land Rover Evoque

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One cannot blame China for showcasing China through cheap copies.

From my notes, that I had downloaded, some reasons are:

Even though the Chinese in the past invented gunpowder, the compass, the waterwheel, paper money, long-distance banking, the civil service, and merit promotion, it has lost out on that intelligent application go.

China has become largely a land of rule-bound rote learners—a place where R&D is diligently pursued but breakthroughs are rare.

China has no lack of entrepreneurs or market demand. And given the government's enormous wealth and political will, China has the potential to set the kind of economic policies and build the kind of education and research institutions that propelled the U.S. to technological dominance.

There Innovation scheme is from the Top Down.

That cramps innovation.

amoy

Besides, what kind of brand name is "Land Wind?" It's fugly!
a word for word translation :lol:

with brand recognition ingrained into consumers + growing purchasing power , innovation and brand development rises gradually.

for the accusation of LW's design/image violation RR may take it to the court. lots of such cases around, prominently such as Honda vs. Hyundai, Apple vs. Samsung.

pmaitra

a word for word translation :lol:

with brand recognition ingrained into consumers + growing purchasing power , innovation and brand development rises gradually.

for the accusation of LW's design/image violation RR may take it to the court. lots of such cases around, prominently such as Honda vs. Hyundai, Apple vs. Samsung.
You have tossed in a lot of smart-sounding words, but your comment is still asinine.

I would have understood, as I have appreciated it on record for the value of it, had this been in response to an embargo on an essential item and/or if you had to plagiarize, say a fighter jet, for the sake of national security.

This is shameless cloning, nothing else.

amoy

You have tossed in a lot of smart-sounding words, but your comment is still asinine.

I would have understood, as I have appreciated it on record for the value of it, had this been in response to an embargo on an essential item and/or if you had to plagiarize, say a fighter jet, for the sake of national security.

This is shameless cloning, nothing else.
R u replying to a wrong thread? There're many ones dedicated to your rhythms highlighted above.

This Land Rover / Land Wind thing is certainly not the "national security" u're harping.

Shameless cloning or not is subj to, let's say, a court verdict. Before that no final conclusion yet.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
R u replying to a wrong thread? There're many ones dedicated to your rhythms highlighted above.

This Land Rover / Land Wind thing is certainly not the "national security" u're harping.

Shameless cloning or not is subj to, let's say, a court verdict. Before that no final conclusion yet.
Which Court?

A Chinese Court?

I appreciate that your English is poor and your lack of prowess over the English spellings, but do spare us your telegraphic garbage and gibberish since we do not have the time to understand and decipher them.

It appears stupid or to help you in your language since that is what it appears you understand 笨 (Bèn).

Last edited:

jouni

It makes me feel sad, when two ancient powers of India and China are not showing the way forward to the whole world, rather argue on petty things. It still took a lot of human effort to copy the design. Take that effort and add some design talent and you could have achieved something. But no, the effort was just used to copying.

Only positive thing is, that as a copy it is very good. The knowhow is there, just add some brand and design and you will be there. HTC, HUAWEI etc are good examples. I have Taiwanese winter tires and they are very good, so there are good examples.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Two ancient power or civilisation at loggerheads is hardly an crutch to use to give justification to give credence to copying, that has been gained technological insight by fraudulent means and breaking the trust.

I thought you were the expert on 'ethics'.

jouni

What? I do not support copying. Just analyze what has happened.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles