Chinese contingent arrives in Pakistan for joint air drill

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Point.taken. But the backbone of PAF is stil
not China made, we have 67 F-16's and 200+ Mirages. Please note that the excersice is being held close to eastern border......
both planes inferior to tejas, su30mki, tejas mk2, rafale etc.
mirage right now are outdated
f16 also outdated and also known as widow makes
most of modern planes cost more than 60 million dollar a piece except one or two planes
so the best thing pakistan can do is chinese copied cheap and unproven planes with many defaults

Neo

Widow maker? We are not talking aboiut the Mig-21 here.

PAF has lost only 8 F-16's in 31 years and has one of the beat safety records with this bird. 18 Jets are.brand new Block 52 acquired only a few years ago and the rest is being upgraded to block 52 standard.

Don't compare the LCA to anything untill its unducted in its full capacity. Rafale deal is to be finalised yet and won't ne available before 2016. IAF's fighter strength to be further reduced to 31 squadrons.

So you were saying

Illusive

Country flag
Any pics of the exercise, which planes will be taking part.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Lets agree to disagree but if Chinese wanted to back off they would have done it after the first deadly attack on Chinese engineers more than a decade ago. Presence of chinese military and security personell is a direct result of Chinese concerns regarding the security of 10.000-15.000 Chinese working in Pakistan.

Uigurhs are a very small community in Pakistan; some 200 People reside in Waziristan and Chinese intelligence keeps a.good record of them alongside their movements in neighboring Kunar province. We have alrady captured and returned 20 terrorists to China and we're working together to get the rest. Pakistani drones armed.with chinese AR-1 missiles.are active day and night in the region with Chinese satellite providing full intel.

China is important to Pakistan, the military, ISI amd the.civil governments have no quarrel or doubt about it. We will never allow our territories to be used against China.
China requires the access to the Arabia Sea for her imports and exports and also for opening up a two front war.

Mods why am I not able.to edit my.posts??
I presume it is because there is a cut off time.

Compersion

Country flag
Any pics from the excercise ...

Wish there is not any Sassy pictures like below - I dont know why PRC still consults North Korea on such things (is it the other way around) - they must have hit the target:

bennedose

I wonder if Pakistan air force is satisfied going from flying f-16 to third generation
Chinese copies.
They have just bought 13 third hand F-16s from Jordan and may get some more. Pakis have also said that they will not be going for J-10s.

bennedose

Wishful thinking! :lol:

Pakistan has her own geo-political leverage which makes her inyeresting for many countries and India has nothing to do with it so I am sorry to burst your bubble.

Pakistan will be China's energy corridor for a long time to come.
Now that is wishful thinking. Pakistan is not in control of its own territories and the karakoram highway that was blocked by a landslide 3 years ago still remains blocked. That corridor will never occur through Pakistan. Even Gwadar is not ready - having swung from China to Singapore back to China. Now China wants better security for its workers in Pakistan because the place is unsafe even for taller than tallest mountain, sweeter than honey friends. Chinese locomotives are not working and China does not do free projects like USA.

I have heard Pakistani boasts for 45 years. I used to believe them - but I know that they are lies. And in those 45 years, Bangladesh has become a new nation and NWFP and Baluchistan are out of control. The Pakistan army has moved much of its reserves to fight a civil war in the west and the same army now has promised to protect civilian Chinese workers. That is a real laugh because the Pakistan army can't protect Pakistanis. Five soldiets were killed today by the way.

So all this energy corridor-shenergy corridor stuff can be forgotten. Just bluster. Not even wet dreams. :rofl:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles