Chinese CM-400AKG anti-ship missile

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Matching? against what?
you keep on living in denial. they showed you a mockup model you believe that is the real missile?
Your missile is as misleading as its model. Come on, missile is so smaller that two or three can fit into junk fighter, now how do you fit in engine that can take it 5 times speed of sound in that small package with fuel to take it to mention range. Either rest of the part is invisible or you guys are blufing big time. Can you post info/specificatons, about the same missile which is service with PLAAF

Skull and Bones

Country flag
we can make a Mach 12 DF21 D maneuverable, so you don't think we can make a Mach 5.5 CM400 maneuverable?
think again then.
Lol, a ballistic anti-ship missile with a CEP of 500 meters. Best of luck hitting anything with that. :thumb:

p2prada

Not unbelievable. This is stuff from the 60s and 70s though. I don't know the reason for getting so pumped up about it.

I would any day prefer terrain hugging or sea skimming missiles to this missile, among which Brahmos is one of them.

Russia recently phased out such a missile, called the Kh-22. It is an air to surface missile and has a terminal speed of Mach 4. More recently, there is the Kh-15 which has a terminal velocity of around Mach 5.

The Americans had the AGM-69 which they phased out 3 decades ago and had a terminal speed of mach 3.5.

In tech parlance, Obsolete. Good for PAF.

Country flag
again do NOT mislead.
Mislead you are the chief of propaganda for CCP . I guarantee you cannot provide
one valid no Chinese link. I give you a challenge to provide just one valid non chinese link
to backup your lies.

qazwsx

I think you are right this missile is not a terrain hugging type. I think the selling point of this missile is that it is small and even can be carried by a small fighter like JF17. Yet it still has max range of 240 km and max speed of mach 5. It is said the missile is derived from SY400, then it is also cheap. In my opinion, a missile with these features cannot be called obsolete. All the missiles you mentioned are big guys and are supposed to be carried by bombers, and they just have similar range and speed with this small one. As for Brahmos, it is also a big one and can only be carried by the future enhanced Su30. I know Brahmos anti-ship missile has sea skimming mode with its range reduced to 120km. I doubt that Brahmos air to surface or surface to surface missile have terrain hugging mode. do you have any link or article? Thank you in advance.

Not unbelievable. This is stuff from the 60s and 70s though. I don't know the reason for getting so pumped up about it.

I would any day prefer terrain hugging or sea skimming missiles to this missile, among which Brahmos is one of them.

Russia recently phased out such a missile, called the Kh-22. It is an air to surface missile and has a terminal speed of Mach 4. More recently, there is the Kh-15 which has a terminal velocity of around Mach 5.

The Americans had the AGM-69 which they phased out 3 decades ago and had a terminal speed of mach 3.5.

In tech parlance, Obsolete. Good for PAF.

p2prada

As for Brahmos, it is also a big one and can only be carried by the future enhanced Su30. I know Brahmos anti-ship missile has sea skimming mode with its range reduced to 120km.
Brahmos I, yes it is heavy. But there are plans for a Brahmos 3 which will have the same range, speed and payload as Brahmos, but will be around 1.5 tons in weight. This will be seen on Mig-29K and Rafale.

Brahmos Aerospace working on a reduced size "Brahmos Mini" version for Rafale and Mig-29K

I doubt that Brahmos air to surface or surface to surface missile have terrain hugging mode. do you have any link or article? Thank you in advance.
Sure you can.

The Hindu : National : Three services to have BrahMos missiles
He said that the missile was undergoing critical tests to meet the Army's specific requirements to be able to take on different types of targets. The army version would have features like position updating, terrain-hugging, homing image analysis and higher degree of data processing .
5 - 15m profile I suppose. Only Brahmos Mk3 comes with top attack capability for the LACM version.

In my opinion, a missile with these features cannot be called obsolete.
My point was it isn't a radical new design like the hypersonic Brahmos 2. It is merely the tried and tested but may not survive current gen CMD systems.

Last edited:
Country flag
Like any Chinese hyped weapon nobody knows the truth and no information is ever available
so 99% of things have to be taken with a grain of salt. US admiral asked the Chinese to demonstrate
the Carrier killer Chinese never took him up on the offer.

ice berg

Now now let us all calm down abit. China has a good relationship with Israel. There are ignorant people everywhere.

jayadev

Founding Member
Country flag
according to prasun

"Firstly, CM-400AKG hasn't yet been qualified on the JF-17 Thunder. Secondly, claim of 180km-250km range is way off the mark, simply because those figures apply only to the SY-400 NLOS-BSM from which the CM-400AKG is derived. Thirdly, any long-range fire-and-forget air-to-ground PGM can only employ active radar for terminal guidance & not IIR, simply because no missile-based IIR sensor has the kind of target detection/lock-on range (of up to 26km). Such sensors exist only on board laser designator pods & therefore cannot be made to fit on-board a missile the size of CM-400AKG. Fourthly, if the missile has a digital scene-matching system, then it stands to reason that it cannot also have an on-board active radar for terminal guidance, a fact clearly borne out by external visual examination of the CM-400AKG's airframe. Fifthly, therefore, re-targetting in mid-flight is an impossibility. Sixthly, the CM-400AKG's impact velocity cannot be hypersonic if an IIR sensor is employed for the terminal flight-phase. It can be hypersonic ONLY if climbs to a high altitude & undertakes a high-speed dive on the target (i.e.top-attack mode by using an X-band synthetic aperture radar), MEANING that this performance data applies only to the SY-400 NLOS-BSM, & not an aircraft-launched PGM meant for targetting an aircraft carrier cruising at a speed of 30 Knots.
Bottomline: Either the JDW's reporter was totally ignorant about the laws of physics, or it was the PAF unnamed officials who were ignorant about the laws of physics & were just engaged in unsubstantiated & delusional rants. The only genuine data pertains to the number of JF-17s presently in service, i.e.36, which doesn't spell good for the aircraft's series-production status to date, given the fact that first deliveries took place as far back as March 2007. By now, at least 90 JF-17s ought to have been in service, assuming an annual production run of just 12 aircraft."

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3545138702780178046&postID=140091672800824482

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Now now let us all calm down abit. China has a good relationship with Israel. There are ignorant people everywhere.
yeah even China is not immune to this. BTW Pack works for Defence industry.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistani must be jumping on each other after reading about Missile which can do Mach 5 for Junk fighter and this info was given to PAF only when they read the same in Chinese Air show 2012 :rofl:

If this super cool missile was true, then PAF which introduce Junk fighter in 2007 wont have waited for 2012 to hear first news about it, by now they would be flying this missile and posting it all over internet with pics not stupid models as posted by Chines poster here.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have free holidays tickets from DFI, Anyone Wish, cross the line..

badguy2000

Respected Member
Pakistani must be jumping on each other after reading about Missile which can do Mach 5 for Junk fighter and this info was given to PAF only when they read the same in Chinese Air show 2012 :rofl:

If this super cool missile was true, then PAF which introduce Junk fighter in 2007 wont have waited for 2012 to hear first news about it, by now they would be flying this missile and posting it all over internet with pics not stupid models as posted by Chines poster here.
well, the "super cool missle" is a export version....usually such export verison is downgraded one compared to the ones for PLA

Country flag
well, the "super cool missle" is a export version....usually such export verison is downgraded one compared to the ones for PLA
2 weeks after showing the missile there is an export version impressive but more of a joke.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Then why you spend billion and billion to import?
because they are cheap but at the same time poor in quality. We have stop buying them, since shopkeepers are unable to guarantee of Chines product after it left the shop.

GromHellscream

Damn it, waste three pages for mouth fights and no one but P2P understood how this missile works.
It's not a cruise missile like Brahmos or anything subsonic world widely used, all of them travel meters higher above sea in terminal stage.
It's an air-launched ballistic missile, umm..., with very short range and doesn't go out of atmosphere.
The missile will be launched when the fighter is climbing, so there is an initial speed for its climb.
Once it is launched, the engine will help it climbing as high as and as far as possible and then dash to its target.
Thanks to the g force, the terminal speed might reach 5 mach.
Control system on it will help the adujstment of trajectory in midcourse.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles