Chinese and food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamanidiot

Speaking of Chinese food this is a funny argument which I always hear when my Grand Uncle and his Singaporean Chinese friends meet.Both are over 80 years old and there friend is from the last 100 years from the time of my forefathers.

When ever they come to India or we go to Singapore this will be the scene a fresh sea-bass,Tilapia or some other fish.The dialogue goes here as follows regarding cooking the fish

MyGrandUncle:Look I got a nice fish lets cook it in a sauce of Tamarind,mustard oil and a bit of Flavour

HisFriend(Singaporean Chinese Cantonese in origin):Lets cook the fish in its own juices let the flavour come out

MyGrandUncle:Useless fellow how do you expect me to cook a fish in its own juices .It smells and tastes fishy

HisFriend:Useless fellow moron,Cannot even appreciate the flavour of a fresh fish the only thing you like is spice

I have seen this thing happening thrice and Iam very suprised by their ethno centric views

amoy

Speaking of Chinese food this is a funny argument which I always hear when my Grand Uncle and his Singaporean Chinese friends meet.Both are over 80 years old and there friend is from the last 100 years from the time of my forefathers.

When ever they come to India or we go to Singapore this will be the scene a fresh sea-bass,Tilapia or some other fish.The dialogue goes here as follows regarding cooking the fish

MyGrandUncle:Look I got a nice fish lets cook it in a sauce of Tamarind,mustard oil and a bit of Flavour

HisFriend(Singaporean Chinese Cantonese in origin):Lets cook the fish in its own juices let the flavour come out

MyGrandUncle:Useless fellow how do you expect me to cook a fish in its own juices .It smells and tastes fishy

HisFriend:Useless fellow moron,Cannot even appreciate the flavour of a fresh fish the only thing you like is spice

I have seen this thing happening thrice and Iam very suprised by their ethno centric views
Wow, Surprisingly such conversations I heard many times, exactly the same

My mom, from North China, says the same thing as --Lets cook the fish in its own juices let the flavour come out. When others ask to add some sugar/vinegar, she often says the fish is bought alive and its flavour would be lost if cooked that way.

And a Sichuan chefs tells me " it's sick to cook a fish in its own juices .It smells and tastes fishy" when I ask him not to use spice for fish and shrimp so that its own flavour would come out.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Fish is cooked based on the palate of the person who is to eat it.

Japanese, I believe, like it raw.

I had some sushi and I believe the fish was raw, but I did not find it smelly or fishy. It tasted good!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
We are not talking of oysters, oysters dont grow in the commode, i am talking of cockroach, worms and and stuff.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

If you will notice that all types of Penises are real great!

So say those who love Penises!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Ray

The Chairman