Chinese 600KM/H High Speed Train

badguy2000

Respected Member
one exhibition show a new high Speed train,with a max speed of 600KM/H....

badguy2000

Respected Member
BTW, today, I took one high speed train with a max speed of 300KM/H to Langfang from Beijing
I spent only 20 minutes on the 70-KM long trip....

the high speed train was full of passagers and it proves to be a joke that Chinese high-speed trains will bankrupt because few Chinese can afford expensive high-speed train tickets.

rockdog

Country flag
BTW, today, I took one high speed train with a max speed of 300KM/H to Langfang from Beijing

the high speed train was full of passagers and it proves to be a joke that Chinese high-speed trains will bankrupt because few Chinese can afford expensive high-speed train tickets.
Indeed, I have five employees working in Shanghai now, and their home are all in Wuhan, there are 1300km distance.

Every weekend, company spent $USD100 each (double ways), and 6 hours (each time) made them back home with family. And then back to Shanghai for project on Monday. And the train is always full of people, it indeed changes lots of forms of business.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

It's good if it's not bankrupt and running to full capacity. Actually a successful HSR in China will probably push India to adopt HSR at the earliest as China too has a huge population that requires good transport facility. India is not too dissimilar from China in all sorts of issues with facilities for its population. Since China is ahead from India, india could well adopt some best practices.

Internet trolling apart.

p2prada

I have seen that happening here. Something that turns out to be very expensive in the beginning is lapped up by the people quickly later on, regardless of costs. That's because comfort and speed matters too.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have seen that happening here. Something that turns out to be very expensive in the beginning is lapped up by the people quickly later on, regardless of costs. That's because comfort and speed matters too.
The Volvo bus services both intra city and inter city in Bangalore is an example.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Even when I took the high speed trains in Shanghai, they were always full. @rockdog @badguy2000

Last edited by a moderator:

RedDragon

Yes, and especially if it is payed by your company. :laugh:

rockdog

Country flag
It's good if it's not bankrupt and running to full capacity. Actually a successful HSR in China will probably push India to adopt HSR at the earliest as China too has a huge population that requires good transport facility. India is not too dissimilar from China in all sorts of issues with facilities for its population. Since China is ahead from India, india could well adopt some best practices.

Internet trolling apart.
China's logistic cost per GPD is three times more than developed nations, it's partly because of the over capacity of rail system, since the conventional rail system is mixed with cargo trains and passenger trains. All the most important raw materials, like oil, iron ore, coral are transported with these busy networks with very low efficiency.

In next 10 yrs, the HSR will be separated from the old rail system step by step. By this way, if passenger train system and cargo system run in different lines. it will remarkable increase the logistic capabilities in China.

Even the passenger system (HSR) is not profitable, a fully operational cargo system would be more profitable, and HSR's social effect will be more important than losing some billions of RMB.

To India, you are surrounded by Indian ocean, and cargo shipping would easily approach most of your places except NE area.
By this advantage, you would just focus on improving your current railway system for passenger purpose, not built HSR from scratch

Last edited:

jalsa

600 KMPH is too fast for a train, they will not implement it for safety reasons.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I hope that the train has spoilers!

Or else it will be an aircraft or even Superman!

Jokes aside, it is a damn good thing.

It should be made faster so that people are not too hassled even with this time that they have to travel.

I had the same feeling when I had a helicopter for myself where I cut time down which would take a whole day.

But then I got used to it and thought why the hell the helicopter cannot travel faster!

Last edited:

jalsa

Sir, it is designed in such a way that it will create negative lift but still 600kph will create lot of problems or else the Germans would be running it already.

J20!

Country flag
Sir, it is designed in such a way that it will create negative lift but still 600kph will create lot of problems or else the Germans would be running it already.
If you checked you'd find that geographic Germany and Japan could fit more than 10 times into China's Geographic mass. It's not a case of technological superiority but of differing requirements. HSR routes in China such as the Beijing-Shanghai route are very long distance lines, covering much more distance than Japan and Germany would ever need. More distance covered=higher speed requirements.

HSR in China is really proving to be a more than adequate alternative to air-travel, which has created the mass demand evident today on high profile routes during off-peak periods and on every route during holiday travel peaks...

Last edited:

cloud

Country flag
I feel that volvo bus example is not that good, lets say if we had easy reservation in train(meaning more availability) and more TATA buses with sleeping beds(but much cheaper fairs), how many of those who are going in VOLVO would go prefer then? If we can improve our existing infra and can make the train go 180-200 kmph with the already available home made engine connecting all the majore town and cities it would be great in itself. HSR could be useful connecting major cities, but then at that cost I would think you can afford flights.. Although it could be useful as Metro for certain cities as they expand more then more then 40-50 kms from one end to other in case of Delhi etc.

Their is no economic sense in transporting goods via HSR, only for people. may be one day we will have to make transition to HSR, but it is not in the near future..

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What is the average cost for Beijing-Shanghai by HSR as compared to air, in RMB for different classes(1st, business). @rockdog or @J20!

Blackwater

why dont chinis donated old railway engines to pakis. They are in dire need :taunt::taunt:

p2prada

@cloud

I'm thinking you aren't a Banglorean. We have a massive number of Volvo buses that cater to daily public transportation needs in the city. The first city to have hitech buses in India for intra city use. The Volvos are expensive to use, but it always runs at beyond full occupancy during rush hours. So, this example is very good for an expensive service that was lapped up regardless of the cost.
@rockdog

I am not sure if HSR can also handle cargo, but if it did, they it makes a lot of sense for a country like India. Ports take forever to transfer cargo. Railways is still a highly preferred means of transport for cargo here.

Anyway, we don't have the economy today to implement this technology. The plans for HSR in India are over 10 years+ and by then we will have an economy that is equivalent or bigger than your economy today.

J20!

Country flag
What is the average cost for Beijing-Shanghai by HSR as compared to air, in RMB for different classes(1st, business). @rockdog or @J20!
There is a 250 km/hr train service and a 300km/hr train service with both having a second class and VIP class but the 300km/hr service has a 1st class ticket as well... Prices can be found here:

» Beijing Shanghai High Speed Luxury Train Service Begins Today

Flight prices differ by day and class but the cheapest coach seats vary from 570 to 280 CNY so for the price of the cheapest flight, you could get a 2nd class ticket on a 300km/hr train to or from Beijing and Shanghai...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles