China's United Nations Security Council Permanent Veto constrains China

Martian

Respected Member
Small added point that what India is doing is setting the right parameters for UNSC entry that ought to have been done earlier but the last entrant some say did it haphazardly. PRC needs to accept the reality and reasonableness and also not adopt consensus and procedurally posture because it will highlight only their UNSC membership is flawed. Accepting India onto UNSC with proper requirements sustains and supports PRC status where it is confused and like above having some questions of its strength and verification and validity.

Voting India onto UNSC will be good for PRC ... You want the table to be justified. And if PRC blocks India ... NSG was setting the stage for what I think is going to happen shortly. India will nuke test shortly. And ask for and get the same NPT status to PRC. That will lead to UNSC. Jai Hind and one more time Jai Mata Di.
The fault lines with the Indian government.

They are constantly mouthing off at China.

Being stridently anti-Chinese carries a price. It means the UNSC permanent seat will forever be beyond India's reach.

1. India is pro-US.

2. India is anti-China.

3. China will veto every Indian application to the UNSC.

These three facts are set in stone.
----------

Mouthing off at China is not free. India paid the price at the NSG. India will continue to pay the price at the UNSC. The Indian government chose to be staunchly anti-China in world affairs. The price must be paid for such anti-China insolence. Free speech is not free.

South China Sea tensions: Indian naval officer says ready to help other Asian countries | Zee News

Compersion

Country flag

Being stridently anti-Chinese carries a price. It means the UNSC permanent seat will forever be beyond India's reach.

1. India is pro-US.

2. India is anti-China.

1. PRC is pro- Soviet Union
2. USA is anti-PRC
3. USA will veto every PRC application to the UNSC.

R u happy - save some face I am equating you with USA ... We can put the PRC backstabbing of Soviet union to side. We also put Pakis to side. Anyway how India gets only UNSC ... Not sure how critical PRC will be on it. That's is one overplay PRC needs figure how it self. PRC does not have a queen of England ...

I really think if you are telling me PRC status and proxy of Pakis and a north Korea is the corner stone of its future and also current foreign relations with region and world. The pakis are looking extremely closely at PRC ... The PRC knows that and I can place another bet such talks happens with india. PRC and if a blowback happens from pakis is not going to be a pretty sight. And they will excerpt far far far more to anything ever before because such a backstabbing (like to soviet union) would be astronomical. Already signs are there... Some like to label it "high expectations". Getting PRC to vote and support India onto UNSC is not simple also ... I can read such from miles away. Is it impossible. We have seen PRC into UNSC of 1970s.

World wanted replace ROC (Chinese) and give seat to India. But the thought was it will create a permanent animosity with Chinese people. India refused. A bit like we did with Shimla agreement (it would show to Pakis we don't mean harm). You can read and see the reactions of both now. But that's on side the main importance is how India is far far far ahead of PRC of 1970s.

NSG is a step. The real fun begins shortly. And I am placing my bets on PRC supporting India onto UNSC - and not risking the seclusion and isolation and non regards and importance if it votes no and India still gets UNSC seat. PRC is not a big reason for UNSC reform and entry. USA and its allies probaably and i would rate Russia more to PRC now. But I think India and PRC dialogue will be on right path. How can India help make it easy for PRC to say yes for India (and take Pakis out of equation). like I say the real fun beings shortly ...

India test nuke devices shortly ... Jai Mata Di and Jai Hind.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
1. PRC is pro- Soviet Union
2. USA is anti-PRC
3. USA will veto every PRC application to the UNSC.

R u happy - save some face I am equating you with USA ... We can put the PRC backstabbing of Soviet union to side. We also put Pakis to side. Anyway how India gets only UNSC ... Not sure how critical PRC will be on it. That's is one overplay PRC needs figure how it self. PRC does not have a queen of England ...

I really think if you are telling me PRC status and proxy of Pakis and a north Korea is the corner stone of its future and also current foreign relations with region and world. The pakis are looking extremely closely at PRC ... The PRC knows that and I can place another bet such talks happens with india. PRC and if a blowback happens from pakis is not going to be a pretty sight. And they will excerpt far far far more to anything ever before because such a backstabbing (like to soviet union) would be astronomical. Already signs are there... Some like to label it "high expectations". Getting PRC to vote and support India onto UNSC is not simple also ... I can read such from miles away. Is it impossible. We have seen PRC into UNSC of 1970s.

World wanted replace ROC (Chinese) and give seat to India. But the thought was it will create a permanent animosity with Chinese people.

NSG is a step. The real fun begins shortly. And I am placing my bets on PRC supporting India onto UNSC - and not risking the seclusion and isolation and non regards and importance if it votes no and India still gets UNSC seat. PRC is not a big reason for UNSC reform and entry. USA and its allies probaably and i would rate Russia more to PRC now. But I think India and PRC dialogue will be on right path. But like I say the real fun beings shortly ...
No. That is not the way history unfolded.

China kept quiet and tried to have good relations with both the Soviet Union and the United States.
----------

You Indians can keep mouthing off against China, but I think you're foolish.

Japan and the Philippines mouth off against China, because there is little cost. They are not applying to the UNSC.

You Indians aspire to a UNSC permanent seat. China will deny you that dream.

Go ahead, keep being anti-Chinese. China has silenced 1.2 billion Indians in world affairs. You have no voice or influence.

Compersion

Country flag

China kept quiet and tried to have good relations with both the Soviet Union and the United States.
----------

Japan and the Philippines mouth off against China, because there is little cost. They are not applying to the UNSC.

Go ahead, keep being anti-Chinese. China has silenced 1.2 billion Indians in world affairs. You have no voice or influence.
For first part you are talking dirty. For second part you are talking emotionally.

Calm down. PRC has over history closed its doors to outside world on many occasions because some say it was not able to handle it. You are talking like India is behaving without reasons. You please read the factors i have high lighted above and understand that in foreign relations its not simple. There is always extraordinary variables. i give you example you call it string of pearls ... I will call it naga around neck.

You will say that India bad mouthing PRC . I will say PRC is behaving and needs to be dealt with likewise. You will say string of pearls protect PRC interests. I will say PRC trying to get closer to god and truth. Good vs evil. See the signs ... Your own chinese history says it out loud. Chinese people going outside return with different and sharing later see it. High expectations to Pakis anyway is prelude and forefront to any of the above anyway. Also either way ...

Fun begins shortly that we need to stomp the ground wake up many.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
For first part you are talking dirty. For second part you are talking emotionally.

Calm down. PRC has over history closed its doors to outside world on many occasions because some say it was not able to handle it. You are talking like India is behaving without reasons. You please read the factors i have high lighted above and understand that in foreign relations its not simple. There is always extraordinary variables. i give you example you call it string of pearls ... I will call it naga around neck.

You will say that India bad mouthing PRC . I will say PRC is behaving and needs to be dealt with likewise. You will say string of pearls protect PRC interests. I will say PRC trying to get closer to god and truth. Good vs evil. See the signs ... Your own chinese history says it out loud.

Fun begins shortly that we need to stomp the ground wake up many.
India has a special handicap. It is a small country.

The Soviet Union and the United States recognized China as the world's second-largest country in land area.

India is one-third the size of China. At best, India can only ask for a 1/3 vote at the UNSC.

You need to find two more India-sized countries to achieve one full permanent-veto vote at the UNSC.

Compersion

Country flag
India has a special handicap. It is a small country.

The Soviet Union and the United States recognized China as the world's second-largest country in land area.

India is one-third the size of China. At best, India can only ask for a 1/3 vote at the UNSC.
What r u saying. How did ROC small size get UNSC. What about France, UK . now you saying only large size of PRC is different and makes it better to India. Do I say that Buddhism is from India and it is prevalent in PRC and east Asia that makes it like a subsidiary of India ... India is far larger you can imagine. You know that fat Buddha you have in nearly every house in PRC is Indian and its DNA from here. Made in India . but talk about communist only and large size of country after 1950 (Tibet) and not before and also in future. Even this talk about 3.3 megaton is yesterday talk not what talk in future. Your theme and behavior I worry is not suited for today and tomorrow. What is one third vote of UNSc. India is getting on UNSC and doing it right way not for some show and tell but because it deserves and you might not like to read this but many want and support India for a UNSC with India on the table support region and world peace and developments. India will do it the right way and set good precedents and standards for others unlike 1970s.

You please read about the Naga around the neck that I mentioned above. I think you are behaving and talking like India is getting on UNSC tomorrow and preparing mentally for such in your mind and its justification for your ego. Please read the fact and naga around the neck and its symbolism.

Anyway probably you are not ready for truth and it takes a certain intelligence and knowledge to attain such anyway. Its not easy and many will make sarcasm. But anyway india will keep it simple shortly.

Last edited:

Martian

Respected Member
What r u saying. How did ROC small size get UNSC. What about France, UK . now you saying only large size of PRC is different and makes it better to India. Do I say that Buddhism is from India and it is prevalent in PRC and east Asia that makes it like a subsidiary of India ... India is far larger you can imagine. You know that fat Buddha you have in nearly every house in PRC is Indian and its DNA from here. Made in India . but talk about communist only and large size of country after 1950 (Tibet) and not before and also in future. Even this talk about 3.3 megaton is yesterday talk not what talk in future. Your theme and behavior I worry is not suited for today and tomorrow. What is one third vote of UNSc. India is getting on UNSC and doing it right way not for some show and tell but because it deserves and you might not like to read this but many want and support India for a UNSC with India on the table support region and world peace and developments. India will do it the right way and set good precedents and standards for others unlike 1970s.

You please read about the Naga around the neck that I mentioned above. I think you are behaving and talking like India is getting on UNSC tomorrow and preparing mentally for such in your mind and its justification for your ego. Please read the fact and naga around the neck and its symbolism.

Anyway probably you are not ready for truth and it takes a certain intelligence and knowledge to attain such anyway. Its not easy and many will make sarcasm. But anyway india will keep it simple shortly.
ROC was admitted under the legal fiction that it was the legitimate government of mainland China.

Remember when India said it was building missiles and atomic warheads to nuke Beijing and Shanghai?

Remember when India said it will intervene in the South China Sea?

China remembers those statements too. Chinese have a very good memory.

I don't think India should bother reapplying to the NSG or for a UNSC permanent seat. It just embarrasses India. China will flex its political power and deny India's application. It makes India look silly and weak.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
You haven't been paying attention to what I have been saying.

It doesn't matter if India develops a thermonuclear weapon. No one cares.

The UN Security Council is designed such that you cannot obtain a permanent seat when the application is vetoed. No matter what India does, the Chinese permanent veto is an immovable obstacle. India is locked out of world governance. Being late in applying for a UNSC permanent seat is fatal.
no one cares? china does care, this is reason china is running scared to porkis and create trouble with help from porkis in kashmir. get ready to be vaporized dimwit.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned

1. India is pro-US.

2. India is anti-China.

----------

Mouthing off at China is not free. India paid the price at the NSG. India will continue to pay the price at the UNSC. The Indian government chose to be staunchly anti-China in world affairs. The price must be paid for such anti-China insolence. Free speech is not free.

South China Sea tensions: Indian naval officer says ready to help other Asian countries | Zee News

china is the biggest rogue country on earth. the biggest nuke proliferator. the biggest IP thief and robber. the biggest and shameless military secret hacker. chinise is the biggest country of retards which cannot make anything with its brain, so it steals and begs, just like porkistanis, china will be nuked.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned

----------

we are martial country. what is china? 4 feet height people, lol. we slapped your PLA in 1967 and 1987, time is coming to slap you all again. get ready for indian army tight slap. the chinise race which got raped by japanese is shameless and deserve to be slapped again and again.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
ROC was admitted under the legal fiction that it was the legitimate government of mainland China.

Remember when India said it was building missiles and atomic warheads to nuke Beijing and Shanghai?

I don't think India should bother reapplying to the NSG or for a UNSC permanent seat. It just embarrasses India. China will flex its political power and deny India's application. It makes India look silly and weak.
china and chinise have a small dick problem. if china can why china is not taking taiwan? becoz chinise is shit scared of taiwan. lol. even small country like taiwan slaps you all the time.

we have nuclear missiles, jets, warshps, we will destroy han china and gift it to the tibetans. fool.

Compersion

Country flag

You are flapping like a headless chicken ... Your ego is bruised and you are saying India said some words that hurt your pride. Its probably same words used on USA every other day. Like odd and even days. One day USA is bad and one day USA is good. Which one is it. Japan ? Russia ? Indonesia ? Singapore ? Taiwan ? Hong Kong ? Philippines ? And more and more. Moody ... Is it ... Mid life crisis is it ..m

PRC - ROC ... "Legal fiction". UNSC is still under the same "Legal fiction". And UK, France ... Are having big size of what. Their flag is using 3 colours + is that better. Is ROC under one China a nuclear weapon state ... Under NSG do they have to apply ... Do they get blocked because they call PRC names.

Anyway if USA, France, Russia, UK and many others all support India for x y z and PRC blocks ... Does that mean USA, France, Russia, UK and many others are wrong. affirmation and affirmative action by them but opposition by PRC does it not disrespect and disregard the sanctity and reasonableness of the many ... Does USA loose face every time they say yes and PRC say no. Its happening on many occasions now. Even Russia. Even many many others. And I am sorry to say but you don't have a authoritative voice ... Especially due to what you say before and did.

But I don't want to upset you too much but I doubt PRC able to carry out the foreign policy you think ... Senseless.

In the bigger world and where the real decisions get made ... PRC is only a small piece of the puzzle.

The path is clear for India. Its not about if its about when ... You know that and you can try and say however much you want but a No by PRC will have its consequences and that won't happen anyway.

PRC has more to fear and deal with Pakis. And all this NSG movements was fear. Pakis blowback of the reality and high expectations of PRC. They are watching PRC closely. And I won't say we said it first and you said it first but what Pakis say to PRC won't be pretty sight to see. Handle with care. Even Americans know to deal with pakis allies. With all your bavardo on dealing with India ... First deal with Pakis tomorrow.

And PRC and India can talk face to face. But India will one day question sanctity and sanity of the PRC person if they start talking like you ... That is like how a Paki talks. And I am sure you are aware how Pakis deal with foreign policy (please don't be like them). Already I know PRC make fun of Pakis ... The UNSC resolution on North Korea was sweet while Pakis got sanctioned without any love. And 1971 ... Even Kashmir part was sliced and given to PRC. What about high expectations. Pakis new UAE with PRC support. Make Islam nuke weapon area stronger. Make Pakis tell Israel and Iran and EU to watch what they do and say. Make Pakis like North Korea now that will be fun to watch. Split in half first ?? Is there a auto code that stops Pakis from harming Chinese ... Such code deactivation can happen any moment ...

And anyway India is starting to behave more closely to P5 today. Far far far ahead of PRC of 1970s. And you know what USA might have whispered to PRC its their fault on causing this ... And now cannot blame India for getting same.status to PRC. Even Russia closely watching and remembered 1970s knife in the back and backstabbing. USA and its allies seeing many parameters of a India on UNSC alligns. I can say nearly and around 90% of region and 90% of world support India if done properly and at right time.

Are you worried the PRC will fall apart if India is on UNSC ... Relax ... Like I said look at bigger picture. Falling apart can be done by words even. Stay strong don't allow such confuse your mind. West Germany (Taiwan) and East Germany (PRC) ... Its only words. Break down that wall ! That constitutionsss !

And remember how "easy" it was how PRC got UNSC ... Why ... And how. Only needs certain alignment in place. Probably what you are really saying is its better to get USA in opposition they cannot get anything done. They are useless. USA voted NO for PRC and its UNSC membership see ... Treat them like non entity. Throw in all other P5 and leading nations within the comity of nations both regionally and globally. What do their views matter. Ha what a bunch of jokers. Be serious please.

For UNSC and the NPT we will get same status to PRC. Even PRC is acceptable to such for entry into NSG ... They did it themselves.

We will be there shortly. We will do it the right way. And dont blame India if it nuke tests again shortly. Jai Hind.

And I won't want to be within Pakis high table when PRC tells them ...

Last edited:

Bharatiya

Country flag
There are two reasons that Britain and France are part of the UNSC.

Firstly, Britain and France almost always vote in tandem with the United States. Thus, they are mere appendages of the US.

Secondly, Britain and France obtained their seats on the UNSC under a grandfather-type law. Since Britain and France were strong naval powers in the past, they were able to obtain a UNSC veto at the end of World War II.

Finally, the US, China, and Russia have not made a concerted effort to kick Britain and France out of the UNSC. The US wants its two little allies to vote along with the US. China understands the Europeans do not have an independent policy. Thus, it matters not whether the US has one vote or three votes.

----------

However, all of the factors that allowed Britain and France to sit on the UNSC do not apply to India.

The world does not recognize India as a major power.

Thus, India has failed repeatedly in its quest for a permanent UNSC seat.

As I have enumerated, there are many weaknesses that India probably cannot overcome.

In modern times, the countries of the world will not permit another UNSC seat without superlative qualifications.

1. India is simply too small a country. With a landmass of only 1/3rd of China, you are not China's equal.

2. India is constantly antagonizing China. Since China holds an existing permanent veto, China will keep vetoing India's attempt to obtain a UNSC seat.

3. India is an incredibly poor country. China's nominal per-capita GDP is five times higher than India's.

4. China's technology is light-years ahead of India's. China's semiconductor fab technology is at 28nm. India has ZERO semiconductor fabs. Your technology is NO nanometers.

As you can see, India is extremely unlikely to ever obtain a UNSC permanent veto.
After just 6 years, this comment hasn't aged well at all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1. Landmass =/= Power. Or Canada & Australia should've been great powers. Nobody gives a F about them.

India's landmass is enough for India to become a great power. Period.

The 3X larger landmass you brag about China ignores that 2/3 of that landmass is barely populated. They are buffer zones to China proper. The Chinese Empires controlled these areas to keep the Chinese proper safe. But guess what? Your next war will be fought on your east.

2. China antagonized India and India responded in kind.

China can keep voting against India's admission into UNSC. But once our economy crosses a threshold and our military hits new heights, then what?

China either lets us in or the body itself becomes irrelevant.

Even if India isn't in UNSC, what do we have to lose? And what benefits to these PS5 get out of that seat? None.

3. China is an incredibly poor country. It's per-capita gdp is less than 5 times than that of US. Your logic lmfao.

4. China's technology is ahead of India, but not too ahead. We are behind for now. But so were you relative to the US (and still are).

We will catch up. And we will catch up fast.

Bad news for you is that we don't even need to be your equal to F up China. You already antagonized US enough.

Let's see the state of affairs after a few more years. Hahaha!

rockdog

Country flag
1. UNSC is the fruit for the major winners of WW2,India was not India even when UN established. Maybe when ww3 the India were the winner,but i doubt mankind would survive after ww3

2. China is the one clearly opposite India s appearance in UNSC,but it doesn't mean others like to give the ticket to India,someone would say no at final stage,since nobody wants to share power

3. the upper 3 of unsc 5 are USA Russia China. The lower 2 of unsc 5 are France and
UK. maybe after commonwealth even UK collapsed,India would replace UKs position especially when north Irish and Scotland quit from UK.

4. Finall,there is one possible situation that unsc5 all agree India to join. Which means everyone thinks unsc is not important anymore,then there will be some other international framework,India would already play role in it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles