China's UCWeb to pump in Rs 940 crore to ramp up Indian unit

TrueSpirit

Bose system's reputation is not so high among hi-fi community. Some of best hifi system are Chinese own or Chinese made, Hifiman and the formerly Japanese Stax are both owned by Chinese. Bose can not be compare to those two system.
Serves you good living in "denial mode" . Hah, :shocked: Chinese made "hifi system", any takers....? :rofl:

bose

Country flag
Bose system's reputation is not so high among hi-fi community. Some of best hifi system are Chinese own or Chinese made, Hifiman and the formerly Japanese Stax are both owned by Chinese. Bose can not be compare to those two system.
Have you listened to BOSE music systems ?? Indians owns Jaguar & Landrover it does not make Indian products...

RedDragon

Have you listened to BOSE music systems ?? Indians owns Jaguar & Landrover it does not make Indian products...
Point taked.

BOSE is very good. I think it is one of the best mass produced HiFi system. Perhaps there are some better system, but I think they mostly belong to the HiFi fans.

RedDragon

Thanks a lot! You will not find because Indians do not steal...

BTW although it fals in different catagory all together...try BOSE Music systems for a change... Try to match if you can even by stealing from others...
" You will not find because Indians do not steal..."

Come on, the reason is "Indian's product has no Performance/Cost advantage in the international market "

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Have heard it, didn't like at all. Shrill high, weak mid, hollow bass. They sound like high amplitude, low RMS systems. Only credit to bose systems is their miniaturization. I used to prefer Marantz, then the old Sonodyne systems, then Onkyo, then Edifier.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Have heard it, didn't like at all. Shrill high, weak mid, hollow bass. They sound like high amplitude, low RMS systems. Only credit to bose systems is their miniaturization. I used to prefer Marantz, then the old Sonodyne systems, then Onkyo, then Edifier.
Sonodyne is a very good home grown product with their wooden make speakers...

I am a great fan of BOSE systems, seens one of their product demo in US, I like their simplicity in their products and sound quality... I could hear distictly breaking of glass peices and falling apart...

bose

Country flag
" You will not find because Indians do not steal..."

Come on, the reason is "Indian's product has no Performance/Cost advantage in the international market "
Try Indian Pharma products... you will like their performance & cost advantage...

mylegend

I own a Bose Quiet Comfort 15 for outside and airplane use, and my friend had bose's home theater system. I must say they active noise cancelling is very good. However, the sound quality of the system is no where compare to a Hifiman HE 500 that I own. It is also vastly inferior to Stax SR-009 that I own.

Just asking out curiosity do you know anything about hifi? Do you know what is electrostatic and planar magnetic ? As far as headphone goes, traditional dynamic driver is vastly inferior then electrostatic and planar magnetic. One exception might be Sennheiser HD 800.

Here is frequency response of Bose QuietComfort 15 http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BoseQuietComfort15.pdf

Here is frequency response of Hifiman HE500, HE 6 and sennheiser HD 800. You can tell how closely it resemble the source.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE500.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE6.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800.pdf

mylegend

Furthermore Bose is good system but no where for it being very good system. Bose trying to use gimmick to claim small speaker can make better sound then well design massive speaker. That does not happen. They can not change the reality of sound science. However, I must say Bose does make good small speaker. However, when you can not compare it to Magnepan and other real hifi speaker system.

RedDragon

UCWeb to pump in Rs 940 crore to ramp up Indian unit, build mobile internet ecosystem

UCWeb to pump in Rs 940 crore to ramp up Indian unit, build mobile internet ecosystem

BEIJING: Chinese mobile internet browser company UCWeb will invest $170 million (or Rs 940 crore approx) in expanding global operations, bulk of which is being deployed in India to build a robust mobile internet ecosystem, chairman & CEO Yu Yongfu told ET on the sidelines of the recent Global Mobile Internet Conference ( GMIC) in Beijing.

BEIJING: Chinese mobile internet browser company UCWeb will invest $170 million (or Rs 940 crore approx) in expanding global operations, bulk of which is being deployed in India to build a robust mobile internet ecosystem, chairman & CEO Yu Yongfu told ET on the sidelines of the recent Global Mobile Internet Conference ( GMIC) in Beijing.

"India is our largest overseas market where investment will be maximised by ramping up headcount, creating start-up teams and working with droves of local mobile game/app developers like we have done in China," said the UCWeb global CEO.

By end-2014, UCWeb's India employee count is projected to exceed 100; 85% of these will be Indian nationals.

The investment in expanding UCWeb's India presence is part of a $500 million (Rs 2750 crore) corpus that the company plans to invest over the next three years in home and overseas markets.

As a leading global provider of mobile Internet software and services, UCWeb also plans to step up its engagement with OEMs or original equipment makers in India to enhance its mobile browser adoption levels. The company claims its OEM strategy will be a two-pronged one, involving both global OEM partners and Indian handset makers.

"Apart from extending our global partnership with the likes of Samsung and LG to their Indian operations, UCWeb's Indian unit will also work closely with homegrown handset makers by preloading its mobile browser on their latest smartphones," said the UCWeb chairman. He declined to name potential local handset manufacturer partners.

At present, UCWeb has a 27% market share of the mobile browser turf in India. It is hoping to overtake market leader Opera, which controls 30% of the country's mobile browser turf by the yearend.

UCWeb also plans to leverage its recent global pact with Trend Micro to advise smartphone users in India on which websites are safe to browse and what apps may be safely downloaded. "Trend Micro has extensive capability in filtering and assessing websites across the world. Since potentially malicious websites are also visited by Indian smartphone users, we will definitely leverage our partnership with Trend Micro in India," said Yongfu.

By virtue of its partnership, UCWeb's browser will have access to the largest database of bad or "infected" websites detected by Trend Micro.

UCWeb is however averse to confining its mobile browsing security-related partnerships to Trend Micro alone in India. "For mobile browsing related security work, there are lots of regional differences in multiple geographies, which is why we may soon identify a local internet security provider in India to complement our existing security support for mobile app downloads," said the UCWeb chairman.

(This correspondent is in Beijing on the invitation of UCWeb India)
"BEIJING: Chinese mobile internet browser company UCWeb will invest $170 million (or Rs 940 crore approx) in expanding global operations, bulk of which is being deployed in India to build a robust mobile internet ecosystem"

Stupid decision of a stupid company, swollowed by one of the B.A.T should be its destiny.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag

rockdog

Country flag
I won't need Dolphin or any Chinese Suggested Browser for my Smart-phone ..I have Opera Browser for my Smart phone and Firefox for my PC that's enough
I'd like to try more alternatives, not only Chinese browsers like UCweb or Dolphin, but also Opera and Chrome. Even some Indian made if there is... ^_^

rockdog

Country flag
Stupid decision of a stupid company, swollowed by one of the B.A.T should be its destiny.
Yes agree. Low mobile Internet penetration rate like India and most African nations still far from making profit, check how many local India Internet companies are making money or listed on NASDAQ...

Dolphin Browser is much smarter, and they already gained lots of fans in USA and EU markets, that's the place to make money.
In fact, I knew all the founders from the company, and my company even contributed some source codes to its plugins and eco-system.

Last edited:

RedDragon

Yes agree. Low mobile Internet penetration rate like India and most African nations still far from making profit, check how many local India Internet companies are making money or listed on NASDAQ...

Dolphin Browser is much smarter, and they already gained lots of fans in USA and EU markets, that's the place to make money.
In fact, I knew all the founders from the company, and my company even contributed some source codes to its plugins and eco-system.
I don't think Dolphin Browser is much advanced than the UC web. In fact I think the UCWeb is much suitable for the India than the Dophin, because the UCweb emphasize on save the bandwidh.

I say it is stupid because:
1, you have mentioned "Low mobile Internet penetration rate like India and most African nations still far from making profit, check how many local India Internet companies are making money or listed on NASDAQ"
2,any investment in the India should be extremely carefully, especially when you are company from China.
3,UCWeb still haven't build its dominant position in the competation with Tencent in China.

amoy

Never easy to explore 3rd world markets. Bear in mind a Chinese fable: a shoemaker comes back from a foreign country disappointed since nobody wears shoes; the other comes home in excitement as there's a big untapped potential when everyone is barefooted.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

The Last Stand

Country flag
Never easy to explore 3rd world markets. Bear in mind a Chinese fable: a shoemaker comes back from a foreign country disappointed since nobody wears shoes; the other comes home in excitement as there's a big untapped potential when everyone is barefooted.

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
3rd world is a myth by me. Western countries came up with the concept of worlds: 1st world is NATO and NATO-allies. 2nd world was Warsaw Pact. 3rd world was other countries. Slowly this turned into - 1st world is rich, 2nd world is poor and 3rd world is backward.

It's all a stereotype.

RedDragon

3rd world is a myth by me. Western countries came up with the concept of worlds: 1st world is NATO and NATO-allies. 2nd world was Warsaw Pact. 3rd world was other countries. Slowly this turned into - 1st world is rich, 2nd world is poor and 3rd world is backward.

It's all a stereotype.
I remember at that time the classfied the world: 1st world is super power include the USA and the USSR, 2nd world are other rich countries and the 3rd world is poor countries

nimo_cn

Country flag
China’s UC browser overtakes Opera Mini in India | memeburn

China's UC browser overtakes Opera Mini in India

This is potentially big. China's UC Browser has overtaken Opera Mini as the most used mobile browser in India.
As The Next Web reports, UC Web has been on a pretty steady growth curve over the last little while, having passed the 400-million user mark late last year.
It looks like India's been a pretty big part of that growth too. The most recent stats from StatCounter show that UC Browser now owns around 30% of the Indian market, up from 21.7% a year ago.
On top of that, the company reports, the number of active Androdi-based UC Browser users in India increased 117% between December last year and June this year.
It doesn't look like it's going to use that success as excuse to rest on its laurels either. The company has appointed Alibaba founder Jack Ma to its board in a bid to up its game, particularly with regard to monetisation and expanding its business.
Yu Yongfu, chairman and CEO of UCWeb, says:
To further drive development, we've invited Jack Ma to join our board. We hope that Jack will bring the tremendous experience he has in building Alibaba to our company, and Alibaba's strength as the dominant e-commerce platform in China will help accelerate UCWeb's transformation into a one-stop shop of Internet services.
UC Browser's success in India could provide massively useful as it looks to expand globally. Expanding to other emerging markets could be a particularly useful way to go. Tencent's WeChat has demonstrated that, powering its way past 100-million foreign users, mostly in other emerging market regions like Latin America, South East Asia and Southern Africa.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles