China's real nuclear capabilities

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
SIR i agree the chinies should stop acting like little kids we India do not need an ICBM

Pintu

India doesnt even have ICBM, what are we even talking about here
We are going to have an ICBM sooner or later, but payload capacity is changed Agni-III is an ICBM, Govt. of India has given already go ahead for MIRV capable Agni-V. A capability of India's H-Bomb,whether we have Megaton capacity or not , may have in this link:

Cover Story: Is India's H-Bomb a Dud? Pg 2

Regards

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
LOL. China is not a member of the fissile material cut-off treaty.
I never said China was. I said that according to all credible sources, China had stopped production of fissile material in the mid-90s, as part of an unofficial understanding among the P-5.

India can't even make a megaton bomb. Everything is in the dozens of kilotons. China has been playing with multimegaton bomb since the 80's. India has what like two nuclear tests. China has dozens.
Yes, and the reason for that is that megaton weapons are not needed anymore. In the past megaton bombs were developed because the main means of delivery was a bomber aircraft. As missile accuracy improved, they took on the role of being the primary bomb delivery platforms. Since the greater the yield, the greater the weight, it was thought to be more appropriate to use multiple kiloton bombs with combined yields in the megaton range if need be, in MIRV configuration for better survivability against missile shields.

Secondly, India had 6 nuclear tests in all. Why only 6? Because India's nuke tests were conducted in an era of MS Windows and Pentium processors when it had become unnecessary to conduct full scale nuclear explosions for design verification purposes. The rest of the P-5 conducted most of their nuke tests when a "computer" with the processing power of a today's calculator took up a room the size of the presidential suite at the Hilton.

You don't seem to realize that India has made and is still making rapid progress in the field of supercomputing. Just a couple of years ago, the fastest supercomputer in Asia and the 4th fastest in the world was owned by India. One application of supercomputing is to simulate nuke explosions to verify designs and theoretical yields.

These days, China fields MIRVed warheads with yields in the half-megaton range, equivalent to what USA and Russia fields. India takes up an entire strategic missile with a 20 kiloton or so weapon.
You're ignorant. Indian nukes (boosted fission and thermonuclear) were made so that they could be daisy chained in a configuration that could go upto 200 kT. Please look around the forum, I myself posted an interview with the Chairman of India's Atomic Energy Commission, who revealed this.

Moron or not, but Chinese nuclear capabilities should be compared to US and Russia, not India. With all due respect, India doesnt even have ICBM, what are we even talking about here?
India never had to fight a Cold War enemy located thousands of miles away to warrant the production of ICBMs. But if she did, how long do you think it would take to convert the India's spacecraft launch vehicles into BMs?

Zmey Smirnoff

We are going to have an ICBM sooner or later, but payload capacity is changed Agni-III is an ICBM, Govt. of India has given already go ahead for MIRV capable Agni-V. A capability of India's H-Bomb,whether we have Megaton capacity or not , may have in this link:

Cover Story: Is India's H-Bomb a Dud? Pg 2

Regards
Agni-III with 3.5K km range is not an ICBM. And its not even fielded. Seriously. Can we cut out the penis measurement contest? Mythical Agni-III vs deployed DF-31A is not what you should be comparing.

Zmey Smirnoff

You're ignorant. Indian nukes (boosted fission and thermonuclear) were made so that they could be daisy chained in a configuration that could go upto 200 kT. Please look around the forum, I myself posted an interview with the Chairman of India's Atomic Energy Commission, who revealed this.
A WHOLE 200kt? Welcome to 1950s. Make yourself at home. :)

India never had to fight a Cold War enemy located thousands of miles away to warrant the production of ICBMs. But if she did, how long do you think it would take to convert the India's spacecraft launch vehicles into BMs?
About 5-7 years.

luckyy

Agni-III with 3.5K km range is not an ICBM. And its not even fielded. Seriously. Can we cut out the penis measurement contest? Mythical Agni-III vs deployed DF-31A is not what you should be comparing.
when india can lunch satalites , what so big in ICBM..

Got !

Pintu

What I have written is that Agni-III is an ICBM when payload weight is changed, it is not fielded now but going to be inducted after its test again after June end this year, and I am not in any measurement contest.Please kindly check your language. Agni-III is not mythical.

Regards

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
the agni3 has been successfully tested multiple times.........and yes by reducing the payload,the range can increased upto 5000-6000kms.........and reducing payload is not a big thing,as even then it can be quite effective.........btw,india's gonna test the mirv capable agni5 within a year with a announced range of >5000km

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
A WHOLE 200kt? Welcome to 1950s. Make yourself at home.
Now go back and read the rest of my post. :)

5x200 kT MIRV = 1MT, no? Good enough, some might say. But then again, some others who made the Tsar Bomba might disagree. :wink:

About 5-7 years.
Exactly. But there's no reason to develop ICBMs because we don't foresee a war with the US anytime soon. Or at least that's the argument that is given by many strategic analysts in India.

Although I do agree with the principle of deterrence based defence, and I would like India to make ICBMs for second-strike purposes.

Zmey Smirnoff

What I have written is that Agni-III is an ICBM when payload weight is changed, it is not fielded now but going to be inducted after its test again after June end this year, and I am not in any measurement contest.Please kindly check your language. Agni-III is not mythical.

Regards
Penis is a medical term. Relax. You know what I mean.

Zmey Smirnoff

the agni3 has been successfully tested multiple times.........and yes by reducing the payload,the range can increased upto 5000-6000kms.........and reducing payload is not a big thing,as even then it can be quite effective.........btw,india's gonna test the mirv capable agni5 within a year with a announced range of >5000km
Source please

p2prada

About 5-7 years.
Nope. It would take around 10, if we start now. We haven't deployed our own Cryogenic engines.

Now go back and read the rest of my post. :)

5x200 kT MIRV = 1MT, no? Good enough, some might say. But then again, some others who made the Tsar Bomba might disagree. :wink:
Mate. 5*200kt is not possible for India as of now. We still have a long ways to go before we can lift atleast 4 to 5 tons payload before we can achieve parity.

Comparing India's fledgling missile program to US, Russia and China is not possible. The Chinese program is more mature.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Nope. It would take around 10, if we start now. We haven't deployed our own Cryogenic engines.
I don't think you need cryogenic engines for Ballistic Missiles. If you did, then we couldn't even have developed Prithvi.

Mate. 5*200kt is not possible for India as of now. We still have a long ways to go before we can lift atleast 4 to 5 tons payload before we can achieve parity.

Comparing India's fledgling missile program to US, Russia and China is not possible. The Chinese program is more mature.
5x200=1MT. The 1MT doesn't refer to payload weight, but to explosive power. It refers to a nuke which has the explosive power of 1000000 tons of TNT.

The weight of the nuke won't be 1000000 tons. Lol! :)

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Well even I am against comparison of yet to be deployed Agni 3 to the already deployed DF-31A missile. The Agni 3 is said to be fully operational by 2012 till thaen we have to do away with Agni I and Agni II

Pintu

Well even I am against comparison of yet to be deployed Agni 3 to the already deployed DF-31A missile.
Satish , I am not comparing Agni- III missile with DF-31A, in any of post it will not be found that I went for comparing both of these missile.

Regards

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles