China's New Aircraft Carrier being built in Jiangnan Shipyard

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
According to Song Xiaojun's sina blog:

He posted a poem from an insider friend.
《冬至行》 仲冬行沪上, 风雪返京都。 江南观巨舰, 飒踏登艨艟。 小星离家早, 寒鸦惊春宵。 行囊不需解, 明朝又迢迢。 代鹏谨颂冬至万祺

Poem reads:

On the Trip of Winter Solstice

I traveled to Shanghai in a midwinter day
and returned to the Capital under heavy snow
I admired in Jiangnan a gigantic hull
My spirits all lifted, I board on my way

Very early the stars say goodbye to home
Quivering bird chirps woke me up from dream
No need to unpack my 'old heavy luggage
'cause Tomorrow I will take on a longer voyage.

--- To my friend and wish you a happy Spring

I will safely predict, our next carrier will debut next year...

By the way, Song Xiaojun is an erudite military expert, he works in China Central TV as special commentator for National Defense Affairs.

Last edited:

Impluseblade

I thought It is a well known secrete. Jiangnan moved to chang xin island a couple of years ago where big and better shipyards are built. I am still impressive of their capacity, building eight DDGs and one AC at the same time.

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
I thought It is a well known secrete. Jiangnan moved to chang xin island a couple of years ago where big and better shipyards are built. I am still impressive of their capacity, building eight DDGs and one AC at the same time.
he said he even board on the 艨艟, maybe the deck is already there?

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
don't forget those 40000T amphibian assault vessels.

Impluseblade

Your English translation is not very accurate. "巨舰" and "艨艟" could be two different ships. The first one is a huge ship under construction and the author could not or might not be allowed to approach it. The second one is already in a good shape and he walked on the deck.

People in jiangnan are working on big projects and more details will be revealed soon. I feel it is another round of massive build-up, like what happened after the 1996 incident.

don't forget those 40000T amphibian assault vessels.

ShabiKB

Tihar Jail
Banned
Your English translation is not very accurate. "巨舰" and "艨艟" could be two different ships. The first one is a huge ship under construction and the author could not or might not be allowed to approach it. The second one is already in a good shape and he walked on the deck.

People in jiangnan are working on big projects and more details will be revealed soon. I feel it is another round of massive build-up, like what happened after the 1996 incident.
Hope we can have more shipyards to do it faster, east and south seas are simmering if not boiling....

G90

:cool2: China is well on its way to world domination

badguy2000

Respected Member
the rumor is that the new AC will be a super AC with a displacement of over 80K tons.

G90

:cool2: China is well on its way to world domination

Akim

Professional
Country flag
It will be built with a springboard or a straight deck?

ice berg

Highly unlikely it will be build there. More likely in Dalian and with more or less the same displacement as Liaoning. They still need to test the AC abit more before starting a new one.

GromHellscream

Highly unlikely it will be build there. More likely in Dalian and with more or less the same displacement as Liaoning. They still need to test the AC abit more before starting a new one.
Wasn't it that MasterP said 001A and 002 will be built almost simultaneously in South and North China?

satish007

Chinese gangnan pronounced jiangnan.so this will be chinese gangnan style

ice berg

Wasn't it that MasterP said 001A and 002 will be built almost simultaneously in South and North China?
I very much doubt 002 will be build so close to 001A. It will most likely be CATOBAR, either steam or EMALS. If China has the tech to build a CATOBAR with EMALS, there wont be a point building 001A in the first place.

If they are to be laid down simutaneously, then it must be steam , not EMALS. And I think they are going for EMALS.

GromHellscream

Of course it is steam catobar, and EMALS is one decade away to become mature, though these two are parallel research items.

What he said is that, the preparation work for 001A has already begun for years and a fairly large part of work for the first 001A is already in place.

But it is not so long ago that the maturity of domestic steam catobar was confirmed by PLAN and research institutes, thus made the 002 available on paper.

So the PLAN reported to the BOSS that the whole patch of two 001A should be replaced by jumping directly to 002.

Though this argument is much favored by both PLAN and the industry themselves, it was denied by the BOSS for uncertain reasons.

So the first 001A will continue its work with preset space for steam catobar on angled deck and the second one will be 002.

Both North and South made a chest thumping that they can reduce the produce cycle on ship berth to 28 months. :dafuq:

But who knows ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles