China's High Speed Rail Network

pmaitra

Indian locomotives are very much capable of close to 250 kmph speed. It's just that our tracks and our rolling stock are not capable enough.

On the other hand, there are few ques one could take from the tries and tested technology of the TGV trains. The main focus should be on the bogies and how they are shared between consecutive carriages:

P.S.: This is not from the latest TGV, but gives interesting inputs.

Read more: TGVweb - "Under the Hood" of a TGV

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
There is one important safety feature which i assume Chinese lack is the space between each end and front of compartment to absorb the impact from crash, Guess they don't have it yet..

pmaitra

There is one important safety feature which i assume Chinese lack is the space between each end and front of compartment to absorb the impact from crash, Guess they don't have it yet..
Very important point. Thanks Kunal. Yes, ICF, Perambur and RCF, Kapurthala have been making coaches with crumple zones for decades now.

AprilLyrics

there does exist a space between each end and frond of compartment,in which i travelled.at least between the 1st car and 2nd car,coz i was in the 1st car.....maybe it is difficult to see from outside.

and rhe designers should be more proffesional than us,i think....

cir

Thanks for sharing. Cool trains and clean stations. Siemens A.G.?

BTW, why have the video makers plagiarised music from The Sims?
Plagiaried? You don't seem to be able to live a day without saying something negative or ridiculous or hilarious or absurd huh?

The video is NOT for any commercial or monetary gains.

Are you suggesting that every Indian boy or man or girl or woman making videos to post on site like the youtube is a music composer or they just assume the audience are deaf hence the mute video??:rofl:

RedDragon

There are that mechanism in the system, but it is destroyed by the thunder storm, and there are also emergency plan for it, but it is not carried by the operators. In fact, in the finial Accident report, it is the management people and the administrator take the main responsibility, not the system provider.

pmaitra

Plagiaried? You don't seem to be able to live a day without saying something negative or ridiculous or hilarious or absurd huh?

The video is NOT for any commercial or monetary gains.

Are you suggesting that every Indian boy or man or girl or woman making videos to post on site like the youtube is a music composer or they just assume the audience are deaf hence the mute video??:rofl:
So you're saying that the people who made that video are no music composers and this video is for no commerical purpose. Cool. But do please answer my question, my good Sir, why did they plagiarise the music from The Sims? Why not some other source, perhaps some Chinese music?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Congrats to China, I know that engineers who have designed it have think over it but just the thought of pulling emergency break at top speed is scary, hope the train never have to use it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pretty snazzy train!

Congratulations!

mileycyruslove

So you're saying that the people who made that video are no music composers and this video is for no commerical purpose. Cool. But do please answer my question, my good Sir, why did they plagiarise the music from The Sims? Why not some other source, perhaps some Chinese music?
it's call fair use, if you don't understand. About why the music is used, its the same reason why you are using English instead of native language of Hindustan

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
it's call fair use, if you don't understand. About why the music is used, its the same reason why you are using English instead of native language of Hindustan
English is one of the languages recognised in the Constitution and is at par with the other language recognised.

Not because it is a colonial language, but because it is the language of the Anglo Indians and other communities who recognise it as their native language.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Interesting..

But the space is lot lesser than one expected..

Their is always space for Improvement..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Space appears less, but it sure looks comfortable.

I am sure the fares will be high to make the train economically viable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles