China's GB-6 stealth glide bomb (range 130km) | Popular Science

Martian

Respected Member
You've seen China's Chengdu J-20 heavyweight and Shenyang J-31 medium-weight stealth fighters.

You've also seen China's Lijian (Sharp Sword) and Tian Yi 2 (Sky Wing 2) stealth UAVs.

Have you seen China's GB-6 stealth glide bomb? If not, read the Popular Science article below.

The citation also covers China's CM-102 anti-radiation missile.

"Radar Smasher

The CM-102 is another Chinese anti-radiation missile, mean it is primarily used to attack radars like ships and missile defense sites. China already has two other types of anti-radiation missile, meaning that increasing competition in the Chinese defense industry is enabling increased competition for PLA business."

Finally, the Popular Science article has a picture of China's CM-708UNA sub-launched anti-ship cruise missile (which is the predecessor to the much longer-range CM-708UNB sub-launched ASCM).

----------

The Missiles Of Zhuhai: China Displays New Strike Arsenal | Popular Science

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
eveyting in china is stealth, also chinise r stealth, u cant see them, but they earn 50 cents by posting propaganda in world forums.

Martian

Respected Member
eveyting in china is stealth, also chinise r stealth, u cant see them, but they earn 50 cents by posting propaganda in world forums.
Did you bother reading the Popular Science article?

Popular Science claims the Chinese GB-6 glide bomb is stealthy. When you look at the picture of the Chinese GB-6 stealthy glide bomb, it is obvious that faceting is the over-riding design principle (which is the same design idea behind the F-117 Nighthawk).

Quotes from the captions beneath the Popular Science pictures.

"Big Bombs and Small Bombs

At Zhuhai 2014, a H-6M bomber stands in front of a variety of bombs and missiles, including C-803 anti-ship missile and GB-6 stealth glide bombs."

"GB-6

The NORINCO GB-6 is a stealthy glide bomb with a range of up to 130km. This mockup shows satellite communication and navigation antenna, as well as a cutaway where dummy submunition bomblets, either anti-runway, FAE or anti-armor, will be dispersed over the target."

Martian

Respected Member
chini is a 3rd world, u cum here to do chinise propaganda, wat else to read. ccp increased ur salary from 50 cent yet?
No one is forcing you to read my threads.

If you don't like it, there are plenty of other subforums for you to go.

The Indian sub-forum is over there ----> http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/s/indian-air-force.9/ .

Feel free to stop trolling my thread.

If you continue your nonsense, I will report you to a moderator.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@Yusuf @pmaitra
And also please enforce some sort of grammar rules for the posters.
It is very hard to follow their posts.

@Martian

Please post interesting tech info from your side .
They are good.
BTW your CX-1 looks like plain copy of our brahmos.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Is it just the shape or even the skin of such stealth glide bombs is made of different RAM.

Martian

Respected Member
@Yusuf @pmaitra

@Martian

They are good.
I think the design of the pointed-arrow-shape embedded in a pod appeared first on the MiG-21 in 1955.

It also showed up on the American SR-71 Blackbird in 1964.

The point is that aerodynamics allows only a pointed-arrow-shape design for very high-velocity travel.

Thus, the Chinese CX-1 missile only superficially resembles the Brahmos. The basic shape has been around for 60 years.

Martian

Respected Member
Is it just the shape or even the skin of such stealth glide bombs is made of different RAM.
Stealth design prioritizes shape over RAM.

1. Shape is the most important for stealth. You can either use faceting like the F-117 Nighthawk (which has inferior aerodynamics) or continuous-curvature like the F-22 Raptor.

2. RAM is important for stealth. However, RAM cannot replace shaping. Otherwise, you could make a stealth fighter by putting RAM on an F-16. Since you can't, shape is more important than RAM.

----------

https://www.wired.com/2012/12/steath-secrets/

"In short, the four most important aspects of stealth are 'shape, shape, shape and materials,' to quote Lockheed Martin analyst Denys Overholser, whose pioneering work resulted in the F-117 Nighthawk, the world's first operational stealth warplane."

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
@adrenalin Stop trolling. If you have anything fruitful to add then do so, otherwise desist from these activities.
see you know, i know and all know that chinise hack and copy US systems. wat they call 5th is actually 3.5 gen, and this martian is only doing propaganda, he's not posting anywhere else, but that chinise do this and chinise do that. so i call him out.

@Yusuf @pmaitra

@Martian

They are good.
you an alumni of oxford?

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
you an alumni of oxford?
I ,no oxford alumni, not even a member of illuminati.

At most, I try to make my posts readable.
Unlike you , half ass comments. And super lazy typing.
Foruming is more about information sharing than bashing or flaming.

I get it you have some alpha syndrome. But please refrain from shooting your mouth first and frothing next like mentallectual.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
I ,no oxford alumni, not even a member of illuminati.

At most, I try to make my posts readable.
Unlike you , half ass comments. And super lazy typing.
Foruming is more about information sharing than bashing or flaming.

I get it you have some alpha syndrome. But please refrain from shooting your mouth first and frothing next like mentallectual.
you can tel me, i try. why cry to modarator?

Martian

Respected Member
you can tel me, i try. why cry to modarator?
You're pretty obnoxious.

Stay out of my threads and stop irritating other members.

You have ranted and gone off-topic many times.

The rest of us are military enthusiasts and we want to discuss Chinese military power based on facts.

adrenalin

Tihar Jail
Banned
You're pretty obnoxious.

Stay out of my threads and stop irritating other members.

You are interested in ranting and going off-topic.

The rest of us are military enthusiasts and we want to discuss Chinese military power in a dispassionate analysis based on facts.
see? obnoxious chinise in indian forum saying indian is obnoxious. what is this? 50 cent board?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
You've seen China's Chengdu J-20 heavyweight and Shenyang J-31 medium-weight stealth fighters.

You've also seen China's Lijian (Sharp Sword) and Tian Yi 2 (Sky Wing 2) stealth UAVs.

Have you seen China's GB-6 stealth glide bomb? If not, read the Popular Science article below.

The citation also covers China's CM-102 anti-radiation missile.

"Radar Smasher

The CM-102 is another Chinese anti-radiation missile, mean it is primarily used to attack radars like ships and missile defense sites. China already has two other types of anti-radiation missile, meaning that increasing competition in the Chinese defense industry is enabling increased competition for PLA business."

Finally, the Popular Science article has a picture of China's CM-708UNA sub-launched anti-ship cruise missile (which is the predecessor to the much longer-range CM-708UNB sub-launched ASCM).

----------

The Missiles Of Zhuhai: China Displays New Strike Arsenal | Popular Science

Who about painting dragons on the missile?
It will look more cool. ;)
World Forums are made for propaganda.
We do our propaganda. So, let Chinese do their respective propaganda. :D
see? obnoxious chinise in indian forum saying indian is obnoxious. what is this? 50 cent board?
I thought you're a nice guy but you turned out to be a pathetic troller.
Remember that paki troller PatriotLover?
You're his Indian Version (very unfortunately. :()
If you really want to troll, there are keyboard warriors on YouTube. Don't waste bandwidth of DFI.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles