China's first indigenous carrier CV17

Bhurki

INS Vikramaditya will be unarmed on its 60-day journey home
https://www.indiatoday.in/world/res...craft-carrier-sergey-vlasov-217634-2013-11-16

60-days, 10212 miles on her maiden voyage INS Vikramaditya...

Even old ins Vikrant had 12000 nmi range and during 1971 Indo pak war it was constantly on the move and broke porkistan into 2 countries....
Its one thing taking a a/c from one place to another, putting it through its paces on a long run .. And entirely different when you are constantly rotating your airwing around to test out various flight routines and agressive deck operations as and when you're deployed into a forward staging area..

Bhurki

Who are we healing praise on the above shipyard photos?

If Chinese, then pay no attention. These shipyard make third rate copied technology ships only good for coastal defence. On high seas these are very vulnerable. They will fall apart in a single battle. And Chinese know about it. They built there Navy for South China Sea occupation and nothing more. In that endeavour they have succeeded.
They also make type 052d and type 055.

J20!

Country flag
Satelite imagery of her second trial:

J20!

Country flag
Fitting out has continued since she returned to the shipyard. A closer look shows that her arrestor cables have been installed:

Reactions: Neo

shiphone

Country flag
the 3rd trial begins....normally around 10 trials are planned

-------------------
and the GE images a month ago...

shiphone

Country flag
this carrier (project002, former 001A) is an unplanned project in the PLA navy's aircraft carrier 3-step Development Program. Central goverment covered the cost with their reserve funds.

it started in the end of 2013 when the steel plate cut ceremony was held. it is scheduled to be commssioned in 2019. the ship builder claimed they were a little bit ahead of schedule. It might be able to be handed over to the Navy in the end of this year or early 2019. and the 70 anniversary of PLA Navy is in April 2019.

the second step of 3-step Development Program: next Project 003 has started the building process for almost two years, the moduls/blocks can be observed ...as planed, the time node of delivery is around 2022-23. it is being built in the east China. and the shipyard in North china might have another order which is rumored recently.

-----------------------------

Pandeyji

Country flag
So what about the training? I mean you could offcourse rush the construction but you couldn't train them to operate it, could you? So are the sailors being trained in advance or would it start after construction?

shiphone

Country flag
the long term vision and planning of PLAN aircraft carrier program is far beyond your knowledge and imagination... quite several ups and downs in long history and the hardwork and sacrifice paid by early generation Aircraft Carrier-Man are not known to your outsiders...lol

for example...in 1987 ,the class of the first Gen Captain/Commanding Officer selected in PLA navy aviation pilots was set-up..nowadays these officers are right in high rank positions. the first CBG commander came from this class

timg.jpg

first batch of first generation CV-16 carrier sailors were released from active service and back to civilian life according to the military service law in 2016. then more new blood joins . and so on
---------------

Last edited:

rockdog

Country flag
the long term vision and planning of PLAN aircraft carrier program is far beyond your knowledge and imagination... quite several ups and downs in long history and the hardwork and sacrifice paid by early generation Aircraft Carrier-Man are not known to your outsiders...lol

for example...in 1987 ,the class of the first Gen Captain/Commanding Officer selected in PLA navy aviation pilots was set-up..nowadays these officers are right in high rank positions. the first CBG commander came from this class
Good sharing, when i was teenage, i read the "Captain/Commanding Officer selected in PLA navy aviation pilots" from "舰船知识", i thought PLAN would had AC very soon, but we waited 20 yrs...

It's really a long way to be the 1st tier Navy, we are still not there yet.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Good sharing, when i was teenage, i read the "Captain/Commanding Officer selected in PLA navy aviation pilots" from "舰船知识", i thought PLAN would had AC very soon, but we waited 20 yrs...

It's really a long way to be the 1st tier Navy, we are still not there yet.
You are doing better than Russia, a crane fell on the Kuznetsov and put a massive hole in the deck. It was towed out of there and had no insurance.

rockdog

Country flag
You are doing better than Russia, a crane fell on the Kuznetsov and put a massive hole in the deck. It was towed out of there and had no insurance.
China and Russia are two different level on civil industry capability.
China been the biggest civil shipping building nation for 8-10 yrs, also the speed of warship building is insane. Russia didn't build any 5000 ton level warship after CCCP collapsed as far as i knew.

FactsPlease

Country flag
Jee, you are truly new to this forum, aren't you? :biggrin2:
Help yourself, spend some time, look around, and you will get it (hint: this is a India defence forum, NOT else...)!
Good luck!! :yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

iantsai

Country flag
couldn't train them to operate it
The last time I heard DFIer said these words, The first Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning was just transfered to Chinese Navy, and the keel of INS Vikrant was laid down for many years and the ship was launched three times and 'fitting out'.

Now the second Chinese aircraft carrier Shandong is going out for her fourth sea trial, and the third Chinese aircraft carrier is under construction, and INS Vikrant is still being 'fitting out'.

And you still take this funny opinion...:cool3:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
The last time I heard DFIer said these words, The first Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning was just transfered to Chinese Navy, and the keel of INS Vikrant was laid down for many years and the ship was launched three times and 'fitting out'.

Now the second Chinese aircraft carrier Shandong is going out for her fourth sea trial, and the third Chinese aircraft carrier is under construction, and INS Vikrant is still being 'fitting out'.

That's a good burn! :biggrin2:

Hopefully we are taking our time to make it capable enough, so that it can go for sea trials that are 3-5 weeks longer than 2 weeks. LOL
Because otherwise, there's no excuse...

republic_roi97

Country flag

Democratic system dude. That's the reason, bureaucratic hurdles. Plus also yes we don't have as much of expertise at xerox.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles