China's debt is 250% of GDP and 'could be fatal', says government expert

no smoking

Country flag
@no smoking

Yes, that is the total debt of govt, corporate & private debts.

If I remember correctly, in 2008, recession has bad effect on the world, to prevent this affecting economic growth, China gave loans to everyone and major part of them went to construction & real estate industry, which is a non performing asset(please let me know if I am wrong)
No, they only claimed that they would put 4 trillion RMB stimulation plan. The fact was the majority of this so called stimulation plan was just the projects which were planned and listed in the budget already. All Chinese did was just put them together and exposed to the world in advance.

As a result, there are lot of unused bridges appartments rather ghost towns.....Few economists say that this real estate spendings might look like a waste. /QUOTE]

Just look at the long queues in China's highway, you can barely find any bridge or road which are unused. If you know where can find these unused bridges, please let Chinese drivers know, they are desperately looking for these unused bridges.

Ghost towns, that is true. But considering there will be 350millions people are moving into the cities in next 20 years and another 500milions people are planning to upgrading their home, I won't say they are waste.

When a country has 250% of debt and a huge amount of it is in non performing assest.... which could inturn become a bad debt and a writeoff. Yuan devaluation from past 20~25 yrs adds a bit more for downfall of economy.
Yuan devaluation from past 20-25 years? Do you really know about Yuan or you just read the paper? Yuan appreciated almost 30% since 2005.
The only currency that keeps depreciating for past 30 years is---India's currency.

Hope you remember what happened in the last few months!!??

Do you understand what happened in the last few months?

Another de valuation of Yuan has created lot of fear among investors and If I remember correctly, China had spend over 100 billion dollars to buy Yuans to become stable. Which resulted tremors in World economy. Though India is a Neighbour, we hardly felt any tremors, if the bubble bursts completely, it is just going to be a economic disaster including ours.
:rofl:Please read some financial news before making these B.S. In Asia, everyone is depreciating her currency. Chinese is one of them. They are just trying to make their depreciation too obvious.

Thanks to latest Yuan devaluation stunt and investors are shit scared, India is acting as atractive place for investors.

Kid, Chinese and everyone is depreciating their money, that is the bad news for a country like India, wanting to create her industry.

Investors moving from China will definitely hit Chinese economy, not to mention 250% debt and huge amunts of bad loans.
What is India's total debt to GDP.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In case anybody is saying debt is a bad thing, I believe it is not so.

Every organisation private or government goes for expansion using loans, nobody puts all their savings into expansion.

It is not the debt that should be the worrying factor, but rather where did the loans go into. In other words the quality of returns on investment that is critical.

Incase of india, we are yet to reach critical mark interms of investments, Indian debt will only increase in next 5 years.

China had 600 billion USD trade surplus last year, unless there is gross financial mismanagement their debt can be taken care of.

Country flag
In case anybody is saying debt is a bad thing, I believe it is not so.

Every organisation private or government goes for expansion using loans, nobody puts all their savings into expansion.

It is not the debt that should be the worrying factor, but rather where did the loans go into. In other words the quality of returns on investment that is critical.

Incase of india, we are yet to reach critical mark interms of investments, Indian debt will only increase in next 5 years.

China had 600 billion USD trade surplus last year, unless there is gross financial mismanagement their debt can be taken care of.
Thie goods were paid for the trade surplus with US debt which is worthless and something China will never collect. USA got
Goods for free and China got worthless paper great deal for USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_PLAY_BAD

I am surprised that our Indian friends are still falling in the same trick for years:

Doesn't anyone notice the "250% of GDP" debt is "total debt" which includes government, corporate and all private debts in China?
Corporate and private debts are not china's business ? What the hell ?
China has debts worth 250% of its whole GDP which is a bad sign for the world economy.
By the way where did all the hard earned tax payer's money go ? To the blood sucking Government commies' pockets who are supposed to repay the debts ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles