China's Beidou satellite navigation system goes global

ice berg

GAGAN (means "sky" in Sanskrit):

GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gagan was intended for civilian use, as India cannot depend on GPS for its missile targeting systems. For that, India is developing the IRNSS:

Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India doesn't need a "global" positioning system because its only adversaries are China and Pakistan. For them, IRNSS is enough. In the future, India may elect to test ICBM's and hence expand the IRNSS to have a global footprint.

Besides, if it comes to weapons sales, I'm sure most countries in the Asia-Pacific would trust the Indian IRNSS rather than Beidou.
I failed to see the connection between non-existent indian weapons sale to South East Asia and yet to be inducted regional satellite system IRNSS.

There are no connections between weapons sales and satellites.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I failed to see the connection between non-existent indian weapons sale to South East Asia and yet to be inducted regional satellite system IRNSS.

There are no connections between weapons sales and satellites.
You would see the connection if you bothered to read the other posts on this thread-

......So far, there are a dozen of countries showiing interest in Chinese Beidou system, especially as Chinese defence industry is developing weapons integrated with Beidou system, China is gonna sell the weapons and the positioning service as a package, that is the best way to promote Beidou.
:rolleyes:

ice berg

You would see the connection if you bothered to read the other posts on this thread-

:rolleyes:
And I repeat I dont see the connection between non-existent indian weapons sale to South East Asia and a non-existent Indian regional satellite system.
Chinese satellites already covers the Asia Pasific. Where is yours?:rolleyes:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
And I repeat I dont see the connection between non-existent indian weapons sale to South East Asia and a non-existent Indian regional satellite system.
Chinese satellites already covers the Asia Pasific. Where is yours?:rolleyes:
From India's Department of Space:

Department Of Space

IRNSS-1

Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS)-1, the first of the seven satellites of the IRNSS constellation, carries a Navigation payload and a C-band ranging transponder. The spacecraft employs an optimised I-1K structure with a power handling capability of around 1600W and a lift off mass of 1380 kg, and is designed for a nominal mission life of 7 years. The first satellite of IRNSS constellation is planned to be launched onboard PSLV during 2012-13 while the full constellation is planned to be realised during 2014 time frame.
Neither does your Beidou cover most of the Asia-Pacific region yet. From the OP:

...........According to the plan, the Beidou satellite navigation system will provide full services for most areas in the Asia-Pacific region in early 2013.
Unless China has customers from the Asia-Pacific lined up to buy weapon systems based on Beidou before 2014, your slight lead makes no difference whatsoever.

Furthermore, considering the fact that most of those SE Asian countries have disputes with China, you're living in lalaland if you think they're going to buy your weapon systems. :pound:

India on the other hand, is an observer interested in preserving the peace in SE Asia, so those countries are far more likely to buy weapons from India. ;)

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
India can not even copy a 50 year old rifle, building a navigation system in line of GPS or Baidou is simply way way way above India's present day capability. With practically no manufacuturing capability to speak of, especially in the crucial area of electronics, and every component of every so-called indigenous project needing to be sourced from abroad, anyone with any kind sense knows that this is pure talk with zero-chance for realization.

ice berg

From India's Department of Space:

Department Of Space

Neither does your Beidou cover most of the Asia-Pacific region yet. From the OP:

Excuse me, but are you trying to score brownie points here by comparing planned indian satellite launches with Beidou who are going to provide services from next year? :rolleyes:
Unless China has customers from the Asia-Pacific lined up to buy weapon systems based on Beidou before 2014, your slight lead makes no difference whatsoever.

Huh? They dont need to buy weapons based on Beidou,they can use GPS. And what slight lead? India insnt even in the game. :lol:

Furthermore, considering the fact that most of those SE Asian countries have disputes with China, you're living in lalaland if you think they're going to buy your weapon systems. :pound:

I count Phillipine, Vietnam and Japan as the countries China has dispute with.
I dont know what atlas you are using, but that hardly count as "most of those SE Asian countries
.:lol:
And quite a few of them are buying chinese weapons already.

China and Indonesia have started talks on the local production of C-705 anti-ship missiles, as part of Indonesia's efforts to achieve independence in weapons production.

According to sources in Indonesia, a seaside site for the production plant and open sea testing has already been located. The Indonesian Navy already received C-705 missiles and has recently conducted a successful firing test in the Sunda Strait.
http://unitymedianews.com/2012/07/29/south-china-sea-naval-blockade-chinese-technology-battle-groups-aircraft-carriers-missiles-indonesia-china-jakarta-missiles-technology-hizballah-c-705-c-295-c-802c-802-c-705-missile-tech/

But Indonesia has picked a sensitive time to start working on joint defense projects with China. If ASEAN is going to overcome its current divisions, it needs its most important member to be the rock of stability and impartiality at its center. An Indonesia that's too close to China will cease to be the rallying point for the association's other nine members.
http://thediplomat.com/flashpoints-blog/2012/08/01/indonesia-talks-defense-with-china/
Who is living in lala land again?:rofl:

India on the other hand, is an observer interested in preserving the peace in SE Asia, so those countries are far more likely to buy weapons from India. ;)
Sure, sure, as soon as you stopped been the worlds largeste weapon importer.:rofl:
Or before or after you stopp buying tank ammunitions and assault rifles?

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
India can not even copy a 50 year old rifle, building a navigation system in line of GPS or Baidou is simply way way way above India's present day capability. With practically no manufacuturing capability to speak of, especially in the crucial area of electronics, and every component of every so-called indigenous project needing to be sourced from abroad, anyone with any kind sense knows that this is pure talk with zero-chance for realization.
Can you please educate us on the way you / china has achived the great skill of copying from others ?? That will be great... Thanks in Advance...

bose

Country flag
Sure, sure, as soon as you stopped been the worlds largeste weapon importer.:rofl:
Come and tell us when you become a self relient in defense procurement... You are also a big importer ... and cheap copier...

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can you please educate us on the way you / china has achived the great skill of copying from others ?? That will be great... Thanks in Advance...
well, we need a revolution, an emancipation of women, a bitter three decades to build infrastructure, a culture that emphasizes on education, two generations of
hard working, a breaking up of old social convention, a unified language, a unified admission of identity, a conformity in value and dangerous international environment served as a pressure, and a lot more....

Do you even have one of these?

Last edited:

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
Come and tell us when you become a self relient in defense procurement... You are also a big importer ... and cheap copier...
US and USSR have been copiers of German Technology, Japan has been copier of western technology, one needs buy to learn, learn to know then know to create.

You guys are on the contrary, you know to learn, and you learn to buy.

cheap is good , it is called cost control. I don't understand why you need to costly copy when you can cheaply copy.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
India amount to nothing. There are countries that can invent like for example US, then there are countries that can copy like China, and finally there are countries that can only do the talk like for example India. Truth is, while many people think India is diverse and colorful, I actually think India is just dirty, poor and hopeless. You only need one site to learn about everything there is to learn about India, that is Robert Lindsay's great site. Use some time to browse every photo, then all the jingoists will hopefully coem to their senses.

bose

Country flag
well, we need a revolution, an emancipation of women, a bitter three decades to build infrastructure, a culture that emphasizes on education, two generations of
hard working, a breaking up of old social convention, a unified language, a unified admission of identity, a conformity in value and dangerous international environment served as a pressure, and a lot more....

Do you even have one of these?
We already have them in place not by killing & Pilferage of own 30 million citizens...

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Ohh pleassseee. China was the world's largest importer of weapons until 2007 and was still at 4th place in 2008. The only reason you're not still #1 is because the EU, US and recently even Russia refuse to sell you their highest end (and most costly) weapon systems because you are experts at copying them.

You had to resort to fraud by setting up a fictitious company (with hidden ties to the PLA) to buy your first aircraft carrier from Ukraine, that shows how desperate your country is for foreign weapon systems. You're just jealous of India because we are friends with everyone and access high-tech arms from wherever we want. :taunt:

As for the rest of your post, it is a pile of :bs:

Out of the 10 member ASEAN, 1 country-Indonesia, made 1 purchase of a Chinese weapons system and you're already clapping your hands with glee! I hope you realize that the word "Asia-Pacific" encompasses ASEAN, East Asia as well as Australia & New Zealand and the Pacific island countries. If you're satisfied with 1 sale, then all I can say is congratulations! :lol:

China has disputes with countries including Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Phillipines, Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia:

Territorial disputes in the South China Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Disputes

Maritime boundary in the Gulf of Tonkin between Vietnam and China [1]
Maritime boundary along the Vietnamese coast between Vietnam, China, and Taiwan
Maritime boundary in the waters north of the Natuna Islands between Indonesia, China, and Taiwan [2]
Maritime boundary north of Borneo between Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Malaysia and Brunei
Islands in the southern reaches of the South China Sea, including the Spratley Islands by Vietnam, Malaysia, The Philippines, Taiwan, and China
Maritime boundary off the coast of central Philippines and Luzon between the Philippines, China, and Taiwan
Islands in the northern reaches of the South China Sea, including the Paracel Islands between Vietnam, China, and Taiwan
Maritime boundary in the Luzon Strait between the Philippines and Taiwan, including islands

Note: Most maritime boundary disputes also involve EEZ disputes under the terms of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
So yea, continue living in your lalaland, all the better for India! ;)

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
We already have them in place not by killing & Pilferage of own 30 million citizens...
30 millions huh? you know what Chinese right-wing claim, they claim 50 million. heheh.
there is no proof, no direct statistics to support this illusion.

Even I take all you said true, India people died of hunger in any three years may have literally dwarfed this number, even now at this very moment, 25 million indian children is under the threat of hunger India Child Hunger: 25 Million Children Suffer From Malnutrition And Starvation, Over 20 crore Indians will sleep hungry tonight.Hunger Facts | The Hunger Site for Facts: Bhookh.com, I don't know what made you so proud.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
India amount to nothing. There are countries that can invent like for example US, then there are countries that can copy like China, and finally there are countries that can only do the talk like for example India. Truth is, while many people think India is diverse and colorful, I actually think India is just dirty, poor and hopeless. You only need one site to learn about everything there is to learn about India, that is Robert Lindsay's great site. Use some time to browse every photo, then all the jingoists will hopefully coem to their senses.
Great Observations!! BTW what are you doing here in Indian forum ???

You are mentally sick and there is something bothering you somewhere about the very poor, dirty and hopeless Indians...

bose

Country flag
30 millions huh? you know what Chinese right-wing claim, they claim 50 million. heheh.
there is no proof, no direct statistics to support this illusion.

Even I take all you said true, India people died of hunger in any three years may have literally dwarfed this number, even now at this every moment, 25 million indian children is under the threat of hunger India Child Hunger: 25 Million Children Suffer From Malnutrition And Starvation, Over 20 crore Indians will sleep hungry tonight.Hunger Facts | The Hunger Site for Facts: Bhookh.com, I don't know what made you so proud.
You want to hide your criminals likes of Mao's etc etc behind the poor people of India ??? Whatever we have it is our problem and we will solve it in our way... so nothing to worry for you people.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned
You want to hide your criminals likes of Mao's etc etc behind the poor people of India ??? Whatever we have it is our problem and we will solve it in our way... so nothing to worry for you people.
poor people of India? you have world largest arable land, you have countless natural irrigation resource, a tropical weather, you have the most of population work in agriculture, you have a good relationship with world's most powerful countries and none is threatening your national security, you claim yourselves poor?

Why not ask yourself, why on earth, you are poor.

bose

Country flag
US and USSR have been copiers of German Technology, Japan has been copier of western technology, one needs buy to learn, learn to know then know to create.

You guys are on the contrary, you know to learn, and you learn to buy.

cheap is good , it is called cost control. I don't understand why you need to costly copy when you can cheaply copy.
Typical Chineese cheap mentality... I though you have aleady become a developed country!!

continue with your cheap illigal copies...

bose

Country flag
poor people of India? you have world largest arable land, you have countless natural irrigation resource, a tropical weather, you have the most of population work in agriculture, you have a good relationship with world's most powerful countries and none is threatening your national security, you claim yourselves poor?

Why not ask yourself, why on earth, you are poor.
I know my country more than you, a baised with CCP propaganda... I did not called any one poor ?? It you who was calling others poor to hide its own heinious acts against own citizen...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles