China's Angry Youth finds counterpart in India

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Indian punctuality
India is notoriously unpunctual, a reception scheduled at 9PM won't start until 10PM. ( Indian Supper is always late) If Chinese are holding this kind of event, it has to be highlighted on the invitation :" Chinese Time at 9:00". When I first came here, I was invited to clubbing with some prestige guests, Clubbing is a huge social activity here I will write on it later ( you can google it if you want), anyway, I was invited to this very prestige clubbing scheduled at 8:30PM and guests were, how surprisingly, there on 9:00, then I sank myself in sofa and nib on amuse-bouches and beers, thinking that's it, and due to jet lag, I felt I am too sleepy, I struggled to 10:30 ready to part but was told the clubbing starts now, let's go have our dinner! I thought the appetizer was the dinner.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
On Baroda,
I found this city! Baroda, that is where I wanted to introduce to you, it is an industrial hub in India if you want to call it, but barely a city. Actually, except for Mumbai and Delhi, you don't see a "city" city in india. If you have never been here, be prepared. Any other "city" is a county or a village by Chinese standard. They may expand larger than Chinese counties, but there is no passable streets or stores, with that being said, accommodation are available, you won't feel as if you were camping, since you are not staying for long anyways, just put yourself into a hinder land village in China, you will be fine. We also have rick saws, unpaved roads, don't we? But if you are picky with food, bring your own, like instant noodle and etc. Some like indian food, but they are never for my stomach, I have ever ordered steamed bread to ship to me from China.
I just passed three KFCs in the whole India, there are more McDonnald though. Baroda also has a McDonnald, a regular chicken burger costs around 10 RMB, a combo around 30, if you are into spicy food, try their hot fish burger, Indian like Vege burger which by no means can be on my menu. I only order chicken burger.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Very interesting, thanks DaTang for translating and sharing these articles with us. :)

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
On Bangalore

In south India, people soak rice in yogurt and north in curry sauce, North and South differs very much in flavor as same as in China.

Bangalore suffers a lot from poor infrastructure but looks comparatively neater since it is in South, Its "Electronic Ville", an industrial park to Chinese equivalence, is quite decent. You find many internationally known companies here and the park is better upkept in every way. What troubles me is it is located 20 KM from the downtown and if you are lucky you can traverse this distance within 1 hour. Their IT elites protested many times on the poor construction but until I left this place the road is still in its miserable condition, I don't know how far it goes now. Hotels in Bangalore is priced ridiculously high like a rip-off, a barely comparable 2 star hotel with that in China in Bangalore will charge you 2000 RMB, even Microsoft is scared off, they now hold their conference online instead of onsite there.
Indian IT, to the core is outsourced coding. It is due to good relationship of Indian born entrepreneurs with western companies, the latter, like Chinese construction companies, contract projects to their acquaintances, India, by chance, happened to be their acquaintance. Language is another advantage, we have better programmer but when communication is needed we just become muted and deaf. I ever thought about the difference of Chinese Software development and Indian's, language for sure is an advantage, but Indian also follows the protocol, their program may not be the most concise, but much clearer and easy to understand, they comment on every line and keep log on everything, we are doing it with our jumpfire way, we come up with the quickest solution and strong personality in coding, but if we quit the program and the followers will have hard time understanding what we meant, but India programmers won't have such a hurdle.

Last edited:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
On Marriage and Family
Matchmaking is a very very very common arrangement for young people to meet with his/her future other half. Although you see more and more free-marriage, arranged marriage is still the main stream. Lots of Indian get to know their spouse by looking at their photograph first. They grow their love after the ceremony, Women in India definitely need emancipation, they don't enjoy the social status they deserve, and most of them don't go out work. They stay home after marriage and that might be a reason to explain why their family needs to provide a huge dowry for them, for a very common indian bride, her dowry needs to be at least 10000 RMB, for an Indian household income, it is a huge amount of money. Better offs will vary from 100K to 200K RMB, this does not include the expense on Wedding, Indian spent HUGE on wedding, sometimes drain up their life saving, they are keeping "face" in this way.
I rented a car and a chauffeur in Bangalore, he is a high school graduate, he married to a college graduate, and she stays home looking after him and their three kids, he is the only bread earner in the family. Speaking of employment, Indian women suffer a lot and nothing is comparable with Chinese gender equalization in jobs. Even in the fields like store keeping, hotel management, restaurant management these traditional Female dominant realms in China, Indian women do not have a place in it. Indian Man dominates job market, and when you calculate household income, you must take this into consideration, if an Indian earns 3000 RMB some 22000 rupees monthly, his household income is 22000 rupees. But inChina, you will have to add in wife's income.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Road Condition

Let pictures do the talk:

a common scene on road of New Delhi, New Delhi roads are Okay, you don't see too much excrement be it animals or humans. but most of the roads are not better than this one.

One more pic in New Delhi, see how cyclists disregard the traffic lane. Roads in smaller cities, such as in Jaipur, are beyond my description, most of them without curbs and unpaved.

Looks like roads are never maintained, notice the littering on roadsides.

People don't care much about public sanitation, this was taken on a main street of a high-level residential area, flocked by diplomats and families, someone is taking a leak outside the wall.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Poverty

bird view of the Shanti area from my flight when landing on Mumbai

Also in Mumbai, there are people manage to survive under impossible condition

Last edited:

Tolaha

This is funny. Indian cars are exported all over the world, from South East Asia to Latin America to Europe. Chinese cars are known to be cheap crap, and Indian auto regulations and pollution controls are much better than in China. Can't compare Chinese shitboxes with Indian cars. And Honda Fit is a Japanese car, if you are going to post up foreign companies, than India also produces Mercedes, Audis, BMWs, Pajeros, all the high end cars are manufactured in India.
Honda Fit is nothing but Honda Jazz. Same model is manufactured in India as well. Due to unfair regulations, foreign car companies are forced to get into JVs with Chinese companies. The Chinese company does not do anything much as far as the product is concerned. And we are being shown this "JV" car as an example of Chinese high standards in automobiles. Somebody tell these guys that inspite of producing many times more cars than India, China still lags India in passenger car exports!

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't think too much out of it, you guys are just too sensitive, I think what he stressed here is the size, since he is using FIT as example, being in the US for too long, I don't even know this is a Honda JV so I post a picture to educate myself how small it is, If you deduced some other implication out here, then blame on my ambiguity.

Victor Sierra

Country flag
Thank You for showing us Where we lack. We all will try to improve our situations on our grounds. Thread should be better named as Anti-Indian. Why this angry guy didn't found anything good in India, such a big country....

pmaitra

@DaTang

Da-Tang, you are Da-Man!

Thanks for sharing this article.

The only critique of your article would be the point on automobile. The author of the article is trying to give credit to China, when the credit actually goes to Japan. Conceptualization, designing, development, testing, etc., is one thing, and re-badging is quite another.

Now comes a warning on what to expect from those who might me "too sensitive" [sic.].

First of all, know that India is a democracy, and votes are sold here. You cannot build a safe, efficient, and punctual railway, without proper fares. If you raise the fares, you will lose the votes. Your country is a communist country (at least in some respects), and thanks to the border dispute, anything connected with communism is same as being a traitor. So for some, it all will boil down to the 'virtue' of democracy over communism.

Secondly, civic sense, hygiene, and cleanliness, are just not Indian. We had one minister once comment that India should not be building missiles, if it cannot build toilets for everyone. He got a lot of flak. Now, while it is true India cannot compromise on its national security, but his rhetoric, instead of making people think, actually invited a lot of counter rhetoric. It is sad that many Indians today put ego in the way of common sense.

Thirdly, when it comes to punctuality, Indians have this 'chalta-hai' attitude. In other words, 'oh, it happens all the time' attitude. Even for an Indian living in the West, visiting India, and telling people to throw trash in the garbage bin, or to arrive on time, will be met with hostile "don't show off" type comments, or with "you think you are a whitey" type of mockery.

India has a lot of disease, and it cannot be cured unless democracy is tossed out the window, and there is some kind of an enlightened autocracy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Thank You for showing us Where we lack. We all will try to improve our situations on our grounds. Thread should be better named as Anti-Indian. Why this angry guy didn't found anything good in India, such a big country....
I don't think he posted this series out of malicious intention to blemish India's fame, I can tell from its tones in original Chinese, he is just being critical and honest.
I bet he also have a lot of good impressions on India and made a lot of friends there. I will translate some stories on the good side of India later on.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
@DaTang

Da-Tang, you are Da-Man!

Thanks for sharing this article.

The only critique of your article would be the point on automobile. The author of the article is trying to give credit to China, when the credit actually goes to Japan. Conceptualization, designing, development, testing, etc., is one thing, and re-badging is quite another.

Now comes a warning on what to expect from those who might me "too sensitive" [sic.].

First of all, know that India is a democracy, and votes are sold here. You cannot build a safe, efficient, and punctual railway, without proper fares. If you raise the fares, you will lose the votes. Your country is a communist country (at least in some respects), and thanks to the border dispute, anything connected with communism is same as being a traitor. So for some, it all will boil down to the 'virtue' of democracy over communism.

Secondly, civic sense, hygiene, and cleanliness, are just not Indian. We had one minister once comment that India should not be building missiles, if it cannot build toilets for everyone. He got a lot of flak. Now, while it is true India cannot compromise on its national security, but his rhetoric, instead of making people think, actually invited a lot of counter rhetoric. It is sad that many Indians today put ego in the way of common sense.

Thirdly, when it comes to punctuality, Indians have this 'chalta-hai' attitude. In other words, 'oh, it happens all the time' attitude. Even for an Indian living in the West, visiting India, and telling people to throw trash in the garbage bin, or to arrive on time, will be met with hostile "don't show off" type comments, or with "you think you are a whitey" type of mockery.

India has a lot of disease, and it cannot be cured unless democracy is tossed out the window, and there is some kind of an enlightened autocracy.
Thank you for your encouragement, I will translate more to improve the mutual understanding of our two people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sierra

Country flag
I don't think he posted this series out of malicious intention to blemish India's fame, I can tell from its tones in original Chinese, he is just being critical and honest.
I bet he also have a lot of good impressions on India and made a lot of friends there. I will translate some stories on the good side of India later on.
If you had mentioned both good & bad things, we would have definitely took that in a much healthier way. Anyways thanks for clearing the things, we all would be glad to see Whats are the good things that a Chinese Young Angry Mind thinks of India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I came by this post the other day, it is some impression of a Chinese who worked in India about Indian society, just quote some interesting observation here:

whole article can be found here 中国人在印度:看一个普通中国人揭秘一个真实的印度--西陆网

Walking on the streets of Kerala, you were often welcomed by the signs of hammer and Sickle, reminding you the influence of Indian Communist Party.

1. Financial regulation here is stricter and more sophisticated than that of China, Of course that is my assumption since I barely have any knowledge of how Chinese enterprises operates financially. I heard of that back in China, some business fake accounting records. I see more prudent handling of accounting procedures here, at least I am saying so from my personal experience with various Indian firms. I always thought, as far as private sector enterprises is concerned, Indian has an upper edge over us.

2. The civil servant system in India shares a lot in common with our imperial examination system in ancient China. It holds an annual exam nation-wide and admits only the top 1/1000 participating candidates. They are known to people as notoriously low in efficiency. You barely find them in office before 11 am. In india's government, real public servants ( equivalent to our mandarins in old feudal era) can be counted with fingers, but adjuncts-clerks or temporary staff or even valets and maids outnumbered the former in big scale.

3. Lower castes enjoy quotas in employment and selection, much similar to our affirmative action plans here in China in favor of ethnic groups. At present, India is witnessing riots, some people want to be classified as lower caste to take advantage of government subsidy.

7. In India, many people showed hostility to Chinese, This is understandably originated from the border conflict occurred in the 1960s. The hostility gradually faded out along with the mutual understanding increases and interactions enhanced, but it far from disappear in short time. There are also many Fenqings ( Young People in Rage, or simply angry youth)in India, sometimes, they just bothered me to discuss with me every details of the incident, and comparison between every aspects of China and India. Like Chinese angry youth, they think their country is always superior, and look down upon the country they compared with theirs.

Let me know you want to know more, unless some mods delete this under the pretext of off-topic posts.
Why should Mods delete this?

India is a free country and we are keen to know what outsiders feel.

And how they misrepresents the situation without understanding the socio - cultural - economic mileu that drives the whole thing!

And at the same time what we should do to change the perception in a positive way.

amoy

There're quite a number of Indians in my hometown, mainly students. Honestly it's only my guess, possibly also Bangladeshis, or Sri Lankans since I never talked to any of them. I had a few interactions with Indians from Kerala, or Banglore and S. Africa. Generally they're nice. The impressions they gave me include

1) They asked questions such as - How old r u? R u married? Do u have children? Which religion do u follow? - at the first meeting. Sometimes a little bit uncomfortable as being private

2) Then they showed pics of their family, kids... Chinese rarely do that as we barely knew each other yet.

3) They often came up by surprise, rather than following agenda preset.

4) They talked long hours basically repeating the same request.

No offensive. That's just what I learned.

mikhail

Country flag
critical,honest and chinese are three completely different words having quite opposite meanings:rofl:!that man has real idea about India.the only thing he did was to criticize India wherever he could in his posts!he is just like those 50 center youths employed by the CCP to abuse and malign India and to spread those false propagandas about china:cool2:!

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
critical,honest and chinese are three completely different words having quite opposite meanings:rofl:!that man has real idea about India.the only thing he did was to criticize India wherever he could in his posts!he is just like those 50 center youths employed by the CCP to abuse and malign India and to spread those false propagandas about china:cool2:!
See? a live sample of Indian Angry Youth, fits in every inch with the prototype.

mikhail

Country flag
See? a live sample of Indian Angry Youth, fits in every inch with the prototype.
so you are p*ss*ng in your pants seeing the anger of an average Indian youth:rofl:.then just imagine what would be the total accumulated anger of about 500 million Indian youths!so its better to tell your PLA to run with their tails between their legs from the Indo-Tibet border to deep inside china or else they would become the victims of this raw Indian anger:taunt1::pound::taunt:!

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
The post is heavily biased against india but its not totally false.
I may go on to say that the same feelings will be with the american or japanese if he visits to rural china outside the glitz and glamour of big cities,it happens when you take an arrogant supremacist view and understand a culture without knowing the difference in socio-economical-cultural ideas.

Also i checked this website is a military website so its obvious there will be loads of propaganda against democratic india!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles