China's 2011 GDP:

ice berg

The Indians needs to feel insure against China so that they ensure their security as China is unreliable.
Yah, in meanwhile your baburs is laughing all the way to their banks. Kickbacks ftw.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yah, in meanwhile your baburs is laughing all the way to their banks. Kickbacks ftw.
Not baburs but "Babus" which means bureaucracy. That is same with China or rather corruption is more rampant there and at larger scale.

amoy

I think e-commerce deserves a dedicated thread. Nowadays people do lots of e-shopping, including paying cellphone bills or booking air tickets on line. Taobao mode has got less attractive. Shopping on some professional portals like 360buy.com, Amazon Joyo or Dangdang seem more reliable with quality service.

I'm also interested in ecommerce (B2C, B2B....) in India through which we may do some cross-border transactions :p. I assume Paypal is popular in India, while in China Alipay, Kuaiqian or Unionpay are available for on-line payment.

i dont know if they consider about the business doing on Internet,like Amazon and Taobao.my friends do more shopping on web.especially clothes/shoes and books.and some computer devices.

Last edited:

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LMAO, obviously you dont have a clue about basic economics. You need to take account of the currency exchanges as well. RMB has appreciated against USD last year.

Take a course, kid.
RMB has appreciated by 5% . And that translates to 27% increase in nominal GDP.:lol::lol:

Nowadays CPC is allotting third-rate drop-out dlones to plopagandize DFI, seems like :laugh::laugh:

ice berg

RMB has appreciated by 5% . And that translates to 27% increase in nominal GDP.:lol::lol:

Nowadays CPC is allotting third-rate drop-out dlones to plopagandize DFI, seems like :laugh::laugh:
Just realised that I responded to a troll who cant even spell right. Shouldnt you been in school instead of here?

I have no idea what standard CPC got , but i am sure they can at least spell, unlike someone else.....:lol:

Never heard about inflation? We are talking about nominal GDP.

I dont believe CPC statics either, but at least I know the difference between nominal and real GDP growth unlike some troll here.

nimo_cn

Country flag
No, not disappointed but brazen display of ridiculous cooked data.

No, way 9.2% real gdp growth translates to 27% nominal gdp growth . This is pure rubbish data.
That is the way everyone calculates their nominal gdp, would you mind enlightenning us on how India calculates her nominal gdp?

nimo_cn

Country flag
I would simply ignore our Indian friends, whose excessive whining and crying only serve to show how insecure they feel。:rofl:
surrounding and watching is great, but fueling the fire once in a while is also a good idea.

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
surrounding and watching is great, but fueling the fire once in a while is also a good idea.
@nimo - can you give us the names for the beauties you post in your profile picts?
I am sure you are a 20+ year old nerdish male - so no way they are yours ... :D

badguy2000

Respected Member

No, way 9.2% real gdp growth translates to 27% nominal gdp growth . This is pure rubbish data.

you seem not to understant how nominal GDP growth(23.4%) is caculated...

nominal growth=(1+ real growth)*(1+ inflation)*(1+ appeciation)-1

if China's real growth is 9.5%, inflation is 5% and appeciation of RMB is 6%, then
CHina's nominal growth =(1+9.5%)*(1+5%)*(1+6%)-1=21.87%......

Last edited by a moderator:

mylegend

Real GDP growth also subtract inflation data.

cir

China's Growth Is Far From Hard Landing, Goldman's O'Neill Says

January 17, 2012, 7:34 PM EST

By Bob Willis and Erik Schatzker

Jan. 18 (Bloomberg) -- Jim O'Neill, the economist who coined the term BRIC a decade ago, said China's fourth-quarter growth rate, while the slowest in more than two years, was stronger than many analysts had forecast and was a "blow" to those predicting a "hard landing" for the nation's economy.

China's economy grew 8.9 percent in the fourth quarter from a year earlier, the statistics bureau said yesterday in Beijing. That exceeded the 8.7 percent median estimate of 26 economists surveyed by Bloomberg News and is above the 8 percent that signals a "soft landing" for China, according to SinoPac Financial Holdings Co.

O'Neill, chairman of Goldman Sachs Asset Management, said in an interview on Bloomberg Television's "InsideTrack" with Erik Schatzker that if China grew at an annual rate of 7.5 percent this decade, as he forecast, it would contribute more to world growth in dollar terms than the U.S. and Europe combined.

"It's the most important thing in the world," said O'Neill, who last month published his new book, "The Growth Map," with predictions of "rosy prospects" for the BRIC nations of Brazil, Russia, India and China and other developing markets. "Some democracy a la Chinese style is going to emerge," he said. "They want more freedom but they really want more wealth."

Overheated Market

One of China's key economic challenges is its overheated property market. Yet China's policy makers, by tightening monetary policy, managed to stem the property bubble, O'Neill said, something Western policy makers had failed to do before the subprime property meltdown that began in the U.S. in the middle of the last decade.

"China's property prices have turned because Chinese authorities have deliberately stopped them:thumb:," he said. O'Neill said China's authorities were raising wages to boost the domestic economy and move away from its dependence on exports, while seeking to address international concerns that its yuan currency is undervalued.

"There are two ways of dealing with exchange-rate issues, one is moving the nominal exchange rate; the second is to raise your prices and wages higher than everybody else, and the Chinese are deliberately doing that with wages:thumb:," he said.

The yuan traded at 6.3150 yesterday, compared with 6.3165 Jan. 17, according to the China Foreign Exchange Trade System. The People's Bank of China set the yuan's reference rate 0.09 percent stronger at 6.3250. It is allowed to trade 0.5 percent on either side of the daily fixing.

Greek Concerns

Regarding concerns that Greece may default, O'Neill said China's economy generates the equivalent of Greek gross domestic product every four months. "Greece itself is not that important," he said. "What is important," according to O'Neill, is "how Greece deals with the restructuring or a default, which seems quite possible, and the contagion of that through the rest of Europe is extremely important."

O'Neill said European markets had "sort of" shrugged off last week's Standard & Poor's downgrade of France and eight other European countries. He said it wasn't clear whether that was because people perceived the European Central Bank is "going to be doing more and more" or there are "some signs of some stabilizing in the economy."

--Editors: Kevin Costelloe, James Tyson

China’s Growth Is Far From Hard Landing, Goldman’s O’Neill Says - Businessweek

cir

You should go back to school and get a good grounding in economics unless you desire to continue making an utter fool of yourself.

The just-published final reading on 2010 GDP is 40.1513 trillion yuan.

The just-published preliminay estimate for 2011 GDP is 47.1564 trillion yuan.

That is a nominal increase y-o-y of 17.45%{=[(47.1564/40.1513)-1]*100%}, which, given real growth rate of 9.2%, indicates an implicit price deflator of 8.25%. The CPI, at 5.4% for the whole of 2011, is not the same animal as the GDP deflator: the former, being the far narrower gauge of the general inflation level, has been 3-4% below the latter in China for years and years.

The yuan closed year 2011 at 6.294 to the dollar. I am sure you are able to work out China's dollar GDP for yourself. :thumb:

PS (1) The preliminary estimates are subject to (mostly upward) revisions, twice in Sept. 2012 and Jan. 2013, respectively. (2) The above are ball-park calculations.

RedDragon

taobao is great but only problem you need chinese bank accounts and need to know chinese.
Now I prefer 360buy than Taobao, which is the largest B2C site of China. I think the service of 360buy is better. Especially, in 360buy, the delivery is free, and you can choose to pay the product when you receive it.

J20!

Country flag

Are you acusing the IMF of cooking data? Look it up and stop being a prat.

rithika

But the GDP of China has been about 7519 in the year 2010 and has increased to 8289 in the previous year. It's said that China will be one of the world's largest nation than United States within 2050, as given by the World Bank's Analogy. You can also get the complete GDP stats of the world countries from tofocus.info/gdp.php, a helpful resource.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
China's local and central government GDP scores fail to tally

Local governments in China have finished reporting their 2011 GDP figures, and somewhat embarrassingly, their combined total is a figure higher than the central government's count.

Provincial-level governments have claimed total GDP of US$5.18 trillion for the whole country, while the central government's figure is US$4.71 trillion. A similar outcome also occurred in 2009 and 2010.

China's local and central government GDP scores fail to tally|Markets|Business|WantChinaTimes.com

Fake GDP... :lol:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
That is no surprise at all, they hugely manipulate their currency and GDP. In one report i read manufacturing jobs in both India and China have grown in the same pace. I am not sure.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are two ways of dealing with exchange-rate issues, one is moving the nominal exchange rate; the second is to raise your prices and wages higher than everybody else, and the Chinese are deliberately doing that with wages
I am sure China must be doing very well.

However, if the wages are going up, why is there suicides and all that as was indicated with links in other threads?

That seems to be paradoxical.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Since I did not want to trawl through to give the details of unrest in other threads, here is one that indicates that there is unrest amongst workers.

Unrest spreads among China's migrant masses

In the past two weeks, China's southern industrial heartland of Guangdong has been shaken by two large and violent protests sparked by separate and seemingly unrelated incidents......

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Unrest spreads among China’s migrant masses - FT.com

For the Communist party, the common thread linking these apparently isolated incidents represents one of the most pressing problems it faces on the eve of its 90th anniversary on July 1: the plight of millions of poor migrant workers......

Unrest spreads among China’s migrant masses - FT.com
May 26 (Bloomberg) -- Suicides among Chinese factory workers more than doubled in the industrial south, where Apple Inc. supplier Hon Hai Group is trying to stem a series of deaths among its employees, according to a survey by a labor group.

Bloomberg: Suicides Among China Factory Workers Surge, Labor Group Says

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles