China's Manhattan Project Marred by Ghost Buildings

jon88

Country flag
Do tell us more!

Good to know that in one month that you visit, you scour the rural areas and come to know how India has degenerated since your last visit.

So, may I take it that you come to India to inspect the 'ruins' of India?

Jon, you love looking at Johns, right?

You must be a great globetrotter visiting nations all the time!

Lucky you!
I am no globetrotter. And I didn't say India has degenerated but yes I did say nothing much changes.

jon88

Country flag
Do tell us more!

Good to know that in one month that you visit, you scour the rural areas and come to know how India has degenerated since your last visit.

So, may I take it that you come to India to inspect the 'ruins' of India?

Jon, you love looking at Johns, right?

You must be a great globetrotter visiting nations all the time!

Lucky you!
Another thing... how come you like to belittle people when they have different opinion than you. What makes you assume I said India degenerated? What part of my comment that made you think I like looking at johns and ruins? Or, you just like being sarcastic?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am no globetrotter. And I didn't say India has degenerated but yes I did say nothing much changes.
The implied meanings can be understood.

Matthew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Seek and you shall find much has changed.

This General Election itself indicates a tectonic change.

Only the blind or blindly biased, if you will forgive me, do not see what is in front of their very eyes.

Another thing... how come you like to belittle people when they have different opinion than you. What makes you assume I said India degenerated? What part of my comment that made you think I like looking at johns and ruins? Or, you just like being sarcastic?
If you merely look at the ills of India post to post, then you are only there to inspect Johns.

No offence was intended.

No intention to belittle or be sarcastic.

It is just that you only criticise India and look at only the warts without logical explanations. It rankles to one if one is an Indian.

My opinion is not important since I am but another poster.

But as an Indian, my hackles are raised. As it has of others.

I intervened so that it does not become another slanging match and the thread goes down in flames.

Not that I only look at the good of India. What is wrong is wrong and I don't hesitate to say so, but I also comment on what is good. And I explain with reasons, That is why my posts are copious and not one liners or a short statement that leaves all befuddled as to the intention of the post.

One cannot constant be a born cribber, can one?

Last edited:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Not really, I am in India once or twice a year for about a month mostly. And I travel to most Southeast Asian and East Asian countries every few years. My comments are based on my observations and comparison. That is why I am so critical of India sometimes because India have so much potential but yet nothing changes. Yes there are changes in developments but not as comprehensive as the other countries I visited. Comprehensive in the sense that development to rural areas and the poor part of society. I do hope that India becomes a much better place.
instead of hoping , why don't you become a social worker if you think there is something wrong. Problem is your approach is faulty....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How is that so, Mr detective? just because of my critical views? Just because my wife is of a race that you don't like?
You have a Chinese or a Pakistani connection?

I have too. The first one.

Though I have a Muslim connection and that too foreign. And he has gone on Hajj so many times that he is a Muslim nine times over!

jon88

Country flag
The implied meanings can be understood.

Matthew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Seek and you shall find much has changed.

This General Election itself indicates a tectonic change.

Only the blind or blindly biased, if you will forgive me, do not see what is in front of their very eyes.

If you merely look at the ills of India post to post, then you are only there to inspect Johns.

No offence was intended.

No intention to belittle or be sarcastic.

It is just that you only criticise India and look at only the warts without logical explanations. It rankles to one if one is an Indian.

My opinion is not important since I am but another poster.

But as an Indian, my hackles are raised. As it has of others.

I intervened so that it does not become another slanging match and the thread goes down in flames.

Not that I only look at the good of India. What is wrong is wrong and I don't hesitate to say so, but I also comment on what is good. And I explain with reasons, That is why my posts are copious and not one liners or a short statement that leaves all befuddled as to the intention of the post.

One cannot constant be a born cribber, can one?
Understood and duly noted. I'll try to elaborate next time. However, don't you think that sometimes we are just being too nationalistic, almost to the point of fanatical enthusiasm when we hear anything that is critical of India?

jon88

Country flag
You have a Chinese or a Pakistani connection?

I have too. The first one.

Though I have a Muslim connection and that too foreign. And he has gone on Hajj so many times that he is a Muslim nine times over!
My wife is a Malaysian citizen of ethnic Chinese descent.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Understood and duly noted. I'll try to elaborate next time. However, don't you think that sometimes we are just being too nationalistic, almost to the point of fanatical enthusiasm when we hear anything that is critical of India?
Yes jingoism is stupid.

I have said it on this very forum and even mentioned the difference between nationalism and jingoism.

It did not win me friends, but that was God's own truth.

Nothing wrong in mentioning the wrongs. But it must be backed with facts, more so when there are on this forum some real ultra nationalists.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
My wife is a Malaysian citizen of ethnic Chinese descent.
My is also a Malaysian with a long heritage in Malaya who converted to Islam to marry an Indonesian, does his prayers 5 times and keeps going for Hajj and another (his brother) not a Muslim but with a Chinese wife!

My cousin married a Japanese Buddhist and is now a Japanese citizen!

Weird family for many, right?

Last edited:

jon88

Country flag
instead of hoping , why don't you become a social worker if you think there is something wrong. Problem is your approach is faulty....
Well, I can't afford to do that just yet. Still have to pay for the mortgage and the children's education, although life is pretty good here. My family now is in Malaysia although I still do care about whats happening in India.

You lost me there on the approach thing... what do you mean? my writing style?

jon88

Country flag
My is also a Malaysian with a long heritage in Malaya who converted to Islam to marry an Indonesian, does his prayers 5 times and keeps going for Hajj and another (his brother) not a Muslim but with a Chinese wife!

My cousin married a Japanese Buddhist and is now a Japanese citizen!

Weird family for many, right?
Not really....in fact, I think you have a very culturally enriching family.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not really....in fact, I think you have a very culturally enriching family.
That maybe true and that is why I am tolerant to all views and never use my Mod instruments even when attacked personally and without logic.

It is so nice to have all sorts in the family and learn about different views and learn to tolerate, even when those views appear to be disjointed and even stupid and beyond logic.

That is why I want all to 'vibe' and debate and not roll out biases without explanatory notes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jon88

Country flag

That maybe true and that is why I am tolerant to all views and never use my Mod instruments even when attacked personally and without logic.

It is so nice to have all sorts in the family and learn about different views and learn to tolerate, even when those views appear to be disjointed and even stupid and beyond logic.

That is why I want all to 'vibe' and debate and not roll out biases without explanatory notes.
I don't know whether your last sentence is directed at me or somebody else. Eitherway, I get the picture ;) To me, the forum is an avenue for me to gauge the general sentiments of ole India....I know it might not be accurate but thats the only avenue I have access to.

Last edited by a moderator:

jon88

Country flag
I don't know whether your last sentence is directed at me or somebody else. Eitherway, I get the picture ;) To me, the forum is an avenue for me to gauge the general sentiments of ole India....I know it might not be accurate but thats the only avenue I have access to.
I remember you... we argued a few times. Nice to know you are still around

jon88

Country flag
I had some nasty exchanges with pmaitra too. He even banned me too. But he is a cool dude.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
Well, I can't afford to do that just yet. Still have to pay for the mortgage and the children's education, although life is pretty good here. My family now is in Malaysia although I still do care about whats happening in India.

You lost me there on the approach thing... what do you mean? my writing style?
you approach/attitude towards india. Its like BBC.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles