China - World's greatest Copycat

johnee

Well, Chinese motto is simple: 'if you can get away with it, then go ahead and do it'........

If Indian Diplomatic circles can understand this thinking then we wont be doomed.

NikSha

I find it funny that badguy is absent on threads like these (look at the other Fake Drug one, no comment from the ULTIMATE DEFENDER).

Also, this IS flattering but it is only going to hurt our industry, I hope someone makes a lot of noise over these issues (I am not seeing any noise).

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I find it funny that badguy is absent on threads like these (look at the other Fake Drug one, no comment from the ULTIMATE DEFENDER).

Also, this IS flattering but it is only going to hurt our industry, I hope someone makes a lot of noise over these issues (I am not seeing any noise).
I hope atleast something is being done behind the scenes to try and stop this... Chinese exports to India are around 40 billion USD and if we threaten to tighten the screws on that during this economic situation, I'm sure something can come out of it... atleast official endorsement of such illegal activities will stop from the side of the Chinese Government...

luckyy

what's the surprise.they were even copying the fighter jets..

tharikiran

Country flag
Welcome to the Chinese "Gulsar", a ripoff of the Indian Bajaj Pulsar! :D

The Chinese "Gulsar":

The original Bajaj Pulsar:

ROTFL...... Can't believe it. These guys are seriously good at duplication and reverse engineering anything.

Arjak

Respected Member
Country flag
They copied the older version,the newer one is a beast.anyways,bajaj sd take legal steps against thease very 'inovative' people

badguy2000

Respected Member
There have been other incidents. China’s Chery Automobiles ripped off GM-Daewoo's Matiz brand and sold the copycat cars under the name QQ. Honda's C-RV SVU was also copied and sold under the name "S-RV" by a Chinese automobile manufacturer.

The worst part is not the copying, but the attempt to pass them off as the original by making only trivial name changes to confuse the customers. Also, most of these counterfeiting companies are government owned, which means that the Chinese government supports and encourages its companies to indulge in counterfeiting and pirating on a large scale. The other thread where Indian medicines were being counterfeited and sold by the Chinese is but just one example among probably thousands.

This has to be the largest organised theft of intellectual property and brand sabotage in history. But then again, what else can you expect from China?
you obvously simpliffy the case too much.

1.it is not piracy,but Shanzhai(山寨).

Shanzhai(山寨).is not equal to "piracy".

there are lots of differences between them.

Shanzhai(山寨). usually means more functions at cheaper price.sometimes Shanzhai(山寨). even has better quality than authentic products.

however, Shanzhai(山寨). have not offical quality assurance while authenic products do.

orginal meaning of Shanzhai(山寨). in chinese is " rebels on lonely mountainous region",which is always opposite to "government troops".

obviouslyk ,the authentic products are "government troops" while Shanzhai(山寨). products are the "rebel in the lonely mountainous regions".

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Throwing confusing Chinese words at me is not going to make any difference to your argument! :p

Bajaj has many patents on that motorcycle, and had invested in the R&D, same was the case with the Matiz and CRV. They were patented and trademarked brands.

You can't just counterfeit them. In most countries, including India, you'd be sued for patent infringement, fraud and numerous other things and you'd have to pay heavy fines to the original manufacturer of the product, besides withdrawing your copycat product from the market. In China however, since your government itself is involved in piracy, nothing happens to such criminals.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Btw, here are the other products of that Chinese company:

New Page 1

I can spot a Hero Honda Splendour look alike too. :D

tharikiran

Country flag
they copied the frame well........but what about the engine performence ?
Dear, I have seen chinese bikes on the Indian roads.

Man, they are pathetic.. lol:blum3:

And I realised Indian companies need not worry about cheaper Chinese goods.

If you notice Chinese vehicles have not been able to make any serious entry into
Indian vehicle market.

It has to do with the basic Indian psych, we want things which last and are also of good quality.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Throwing confusing Chinese words at me is not going to make any difference to your argument! :p

Bajaj has many patents on that motorcycle, and had invested in the R&D, same was the case with the Matiz and CRV. They were patented and trademarked brands.

You can't just counterfeit them. In most countries, including India, you'd be sued for patent infringement, fraud and numerous other things and you'd have to pay heavy fines to the original manufacturer of the product, besides withdrawing your copycat product from the market. In China however, since your government itself is involved in piracy, nothing happens to such criminals.
Man, you are forgetting one thing. When did patents and copyrights concern or deter the Chinese from copying?
Does a thief care about the laws?

luckyy

Dear, I have seen chinese bikes on the Indian roads.

Man, they are pathetic.. lol:blum3:

And I realised Indian companies need not worry about cheaper Chinese goods.

If you notice Chinese vehicles have not been able to make any serious entry into
Indian vehicle market.

It has to do with the basic Indian psych, we want things which last and are also of good quality.
it's actually the story of all the chines goods.they are pathatic , but people still buy them coz they are cheap.

some days back i went to buy 'glue stick '.i always used to buy the fevi stick @ 20rs but the shopkeeper shows me a similler chines one @ 10rs.to save 10 rs i bought the chinese one.when i got back home i found that it's not sticking at all.
i lost me 10 rs while trying to save 10.the shopkeeper was known to me so i got back , payed 10 rs more and get the fevi stick.

i have similler experience with chines battery / cells.

on the other hand 4 years back i had bought my sony ericsson mobile phone , that time a similler chinese one was avaibalbe at half the price.
my sony ericsson still working excilent.

luckyy

Last edited by Yusuf; Today at 02:14 PM Reason: Do not use multiple full stops

mr. Yusuf , that's my VERY way of writting.it's not multiple full stops but a pouse.

i request you to respect others ways of stylling too.

when ever there be a pouse given , relex a bit. and read further.you will enjoy it.

luckyy

Last edited by luckyy; Today at 02:50 PM Reason: Its against forum rules. No one enjoys so many dots in between sentences. I will be forced to delete posts with such style .
ok,

forum rule 17 ) Proper punctuation is a must. Do not add excessive dots as a replacement for a comma. this....isn't really....fun..to read. also watch the spelling. [Its hrd 2 reed whn peple tipe poorly, its also trashy! This will make posts much nicer, neat and easy to read for fellow participants. This isn't done on most forums, its time you get use to it here.

agree !

ZOOM

Founding Member
Most importantly, the Bike which is copied by Chinese, the maker of this particuler bike seems to have no objection to it who is none other then Bajaj. There must be some involvement of Bajaj as well to sacrifice something to gain foothold on chinese mainland. According to various reports, Bajaj is fast moving bulk of its two-wheeler production line to China by taking into account cheaper tax, raw material, easy aqcuisition of required Land and various other incentives. Bajaj has also plan to export some of its brand from chinese soil and hence I don't feel any surprize in Chinese copying of Pulser.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Don't be so high and mighty. India is known throughout the world as the center of illegal production of drugs that were developed by other companies and still under patent protection, and the kick is that the government is aware of this.

"While on paper this has occurred, in many countries pharmaceutical patent protection is either not enforced or—as in India—it is explicitly excluded from the TRIPS agreement."

How come these pharmaceutical companies are not sued by the government in India?

On a lesser scale, I've seen copied movies being peddled in India for less than a dollar in the streets all over the place.
It is not the duty of Govt. to go after people who are pirating drugs suo moto. If the affected companied feel that their patents are being infringed, they have to complain to the govt. which will then go after the piracy companies. This, I have also cleared to you on the other thread.

Piracy (movie CDs etc) is rampant in developing countries like India, owing to stress on resources to monitor each and every offense, unless it is brought to the notice of the govt. authorities. When it is done, there are many instances that govt. has acted upon them.

Unlike China, where govt. (or CCP thugs) owned companies themselves are pirating and infringing the IP rights of different kinds of technologies, GoI doesn't participate in such shady activities but will bring down them when it comes to the notice of authorities.

Here are some examples of Indian police acting on Piracy

http://www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article-southasia.asp?parentid=82695

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6950175.stm

Koji

It is not the duty of Govt. to go after people who are pirating drugs suo moto. If the affected companied feel that their patents are being infringed, they have to complain to the govt. which will then go after the piracy companies. This, I have also cleared to you on the other thread.

Piracy (movie CDs etc) is rampant in developing countries like India, owing to stress on resources to monitor each and every offense, unless it is brought to the notice of the govt. authorities. When it is done, there are many instances that govt. has acted upon them.

Unlike China, where govt. (or CCP thugs) owned companies themselves are pirating and infringing the IP rights of different kinds of technologies, GoI doesn't participate in such shady activities but will bring down them when it comes to the notice of authorities.
Drug companies have repeatedly brought their complaints to the Indian government but it doesn't matter b/c it wants to protect its domestic pharmaceutical companies.

Is the Chinese motorcycle company a state owned company?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles