China - World's greatest Copycat

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
It doesn't matter now... but when the Chinese start flooding markets with cheap copies of somebody else's goods manufactured without license, then I believe it will begin to matter...

Nobody wants their money STOLEN, do they??

Country flag
It doesn't matter now... but when the Chinese start flooding markets with cheap copies of somebody else's goods manufactured without license, then I believe it will begin to matter...

Nobody wants their money STOLEN, do they??
it's happening worldwide and Russians still have not woke up?

yang

The serious incident of bombing of the Chinese Embassy in the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia by the US-led NATO happened on May 8,1999.The reason is :when the whole world reported that the people of Yugoslavia were celebratint the liberty and democrcy the US militrary brought to them,but the Chinese Embassy reported that the civilian were killed in the explosion,and people were staging a protest march.What anger US most was that the soldier hit off a F-117 by usin a Chinese radar .4 Earth Penetrator went from the 7th floor of the embassy roof to the underground 4th floor.Cause the death of 14 military technical personnel ,and 2 badly hurt,the other 8 lightly hurt.As we all know the soldiers will put gold bars in their pockets on the battlefield,and their lives are very valuable ,if they fell into the hand of terrorists,they can use the gold for an exchange for their lives.But our lives are so unworthy.And the lives of innocent people there in Afghanistan ,in Iraq are worth of nothing,only their lives are valuable as gold?
And we are now discussing the character of the major countries in Afghanistan,that's unfair,why can't the people their handle their own fate.I have seen an poem wrote by a Chinese ,in the poem,one sentence impressed me a lot ,it is"the people in Afghanistan are eating grass,but I am designing a weight loss ads",the author said he was inspired by an artical said the food is running out there,and they have to eat the pie made by grass.And Iraq ,once be the richest country in the world,was almost in ruins,the people don't hate Saddams actually they honored him a lot,why the America invaded it by using a name of justice,I know 911,but it has nothing wrong with the innocent people there.And now ,USA controled the oil of Iraq,the contracts made between China and Iraq are all not available.

EnlightenedMonk

What does Afghanistan or Iraq or Kosovo or Yugoslavia have anything to do with your country copying somebody else's weapons???

EnlightenedMonk

They certainly are waking up... They made a big hoopla before agreeing to sell the carrier fighters to the Chinese... I'm surprised that they finally agreed, but none the less, it only means that people are realising what a crook the Chinese Government has been...

Country flag
They certainly are waking up... They made a big hoopla before agreeing to sell the carrier fighters to the Chinese... I'm surprised that they finally agreed, but none the less, it only means that people are realising what a crook the Chinese Government has been...
this realization came after they stole everything there was to steal.

yang

I think Russia isn't as silly as you think,they sell us their weapon to us,and we pay for them.And I think every country will want to possess an advanced military equipment .And every time they buy the weapon from the foreign country ,they may fhink whether they can manufacture it while looking at the new weapon costs a lot of money.And I think every country may have reverse engineering ,but they dont attract the attention around the world.

Country flag
I think Russia isn't as silly as you think,they sell us their weapon to us,and we pay for them.And I think every country will want to possess an advanced military equipment .And every time they buy the weapon from the foreign country ,they may fhink whether they can manufacture it while looking at the new weapon costs a lot of money.And I think every country may have reverse engineering ,but they dont attract the attention around the world.

Yang the issue is not just reverse engineering the weapons but reselling the copies at a lower price than the original thereby destroying the market that once existed.

EnlightenedMonk

this realization came after they stole everything there was to steal.
Now, the Russians are innovative people and they are developing newer things continually... like the Americans are...

So, there will certainly be something new that the Chinese want off from him because they can't develop it themselves (coz they've been copying anyways)

When such a time comes, I'm sure the Russians will either refuse or demand their pound of flesh from the Chinese....

Even a jet like the Su-35, I doubt will be sold to the Chinese in the foreseeable future...

And, with this incident the South Africans will be wary of even showing anything to the Chinese...

yang

What does Afghanistan or Iraq or Kosovo or Yugoslavia have anything to do with your country copying somebody else's weapons???
I just want to say today is a power age,if you are powerful enough,you may have the rights to definit justice or evil.

EnlightenedMonk

I just want to say today is a power age,if you are powerful enough,you may have the rights to definit justice or evil.
Exactly !!!! Now you come to the point !!!

Your country wants to become powerful by hook or by crook... and you're willing to do it by defrauding and cheating others as well...

You have territorial disputes with every neighbouring country and you want to use your new found "power" to arm twist and get things done YOUR way...

Isn't that what it all boils down to??? A grand strategy to make YOURSELF the sole superpower???

yang

Exactly !!!! Now you come to the point !!!

Your country wants to become powerful by hook or by crook... and you're willing to do it by defrauding and cheating others as well...

You have territorial disputes with every neighbouring country and you want to use your new found "power" to arm twist and get things done YOUR way...

Isn't that what it all boils down to??? A grand strategy to make YOURSELF the sole superpower???
What you said are partly right.We have wars with almost everyneighbours,and that's according to so many historical and other reasons ,if possible ,I may discuss the issues with you.But we don't wont to impose our belief upon others,you know why we have a tradition to write a genealogical table?We want to strenth the relationship in our family,and if you are not a family member ,we can't add you in our genealogy,and daughters' names can't be written on it.And if someone isn't a Chinese ,we won't force him to be a Chinese.And we won't be the USA,spread communism around the world .We all know that democracy is a good system ,and we try to reach it,but you know,everycountry has its own national condition,the history told us ,centralization is the best choice for us ,or we'll fight civil war endlessly.You know a little about the Chinese people,and What kind of country has what kind of government .

EnlightenedMonk

What you said are partly right.We have wars with almost everyneighbours,and that's according to so many historical and other reasons ,if possible ,I may discuss the issues with you.But we don't wont to impose our belief upon others,you know why we have a tradition to write a genealogical table?We want to strenth the relationship in our family,and if you are not a family member ,we can't add you in our genealogy,and daughters' names can't be written on it.And if someone isn't a Chinese ,we won't force him to be a Chinese.And we won't be the USA,spread communism around the world .We all know that democracy is a good system ,and we try to reach it,but you know,everycountry has its own national condition,the history told us ,centralization is the best choice for us ,or we'll fight civil war endlessly.You know a little about the Chinese people,and What kind of country has what kind of government .
I know all I need to know about the Chinese Government and their pseudo-Communist and closet-Democratic ways... Thank you very much...

But, you never answered the question ??? Isn't arm-twisting your neighbours what you are looking at with your new found "power"...

Look, we don't mind if China becomes a superpower, but the fact is that your Government wants to step over everybody's heads to do just that... That is not acceptable to us...

Not to India, not to Russia, not to Taiwan and not to anybody else...

I hope you understand that...

Our quarrel is not with the Chinese people, but with the Chinese Government which employs aggressive, underhand and neo-criminal ways to get what it wants...

yang

Hi,Monk,my friend,I total understand your feelings.And I think the upset in your heart come from the misunderstand of Chinese gov,I know you don't attack the Chinese people,even when you are standing beside the believers of Dalai-Lamma.I all know that.
I will reply to you,but it's a little too late,it's 1:15am now,tomorrow I will have a lot of things to do,so forgive me,I have to brush teeth,and go to bed now.Bye Bye.

EnlightenedMonk

Dude, for one, I'm neither Buddhist nor am I a supporter of Dalai Lama just because he opposes Chinese Government... I support him because I feel he's one of the few genuine and nice human beings left in the world and that the Chinese Government unnecessarily picks on him like a school bully...

I hope you get this in your mind before you post the message... you're not talking to a Tibetan, but to an Indian... an Indian who's genuinely concerned about your Government's sometimes nefarious activities...

And, good night Yang.... Hope you sleep well... Cheers !!!

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
China counterfeiting Indian motorcycles

Welcome to the Chinese "Gulsar", a ripoff of the Indian Bajaj Pulsar! :D

The Chinese "Gulsar":

The original Bajaj Pulsar:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Hey, we should feel honoured. Badguy keeps saying how India has no industry and is doomed to always trail China....well, their own companies are proving him wrong by copying Indian products. After all, as they say, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". :p

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
There have been other incidents. China’s Chery Automobiles ripped off GM-Daewoo's Matiz brand and sold the copycat cars under the name QQ. Honda's C-RV SVU was also copied and sold under the name "S-RV" by a Chinese automobile manufacturer.

The worst part is not the copying, but the attempt to pass them off as the original by making only trivial name changes to confuse the customers. Also, most of these counterfeiting companies are government owned, which means that the Chinese government supports and encourages its companies to indulge in counterfeiting and pirating on a large scale. The other thread where Indian medicines were being counterfeited and sold by the Chinese is but just one example among probably thousands.

This has to be the largest organised theft of intellectual property and brand sabotage in history. But then again, what else can you expect from China?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles