China wont attack India: PM

Galaxy

Country flag
Galaxy,
You must remember the deploybility factor in those areas. We can have formations bunched up like sardines in a can.
When you mention strike corps - then you must have all the assets that go with it.
But why do we need a strike corps in Arunachal? What is our military aim? A strike corps strikes into the enemy - do we have the overall ability and political will to take a fight into China. No.

Our aim is to ensure "no PLA invasion". For this we have holding formations and strategic assets in place.
That is exactly what I said in starting only.

Our Defence in N-E is based on defensive strategy and to defend A.P., It's all due to political reason which i agree.

I am sure, we can defend in N-E with current capability and my only point was "We should work on offensive strategy to enter Tibet and try for win" and as per next 5 year plan, Our defence will be quite strong enough to actually implement such strategy of course if backed with political will.

We will have 4th Strike Corps in NE for such offence backed with Airforce modernization and improvement in Infra. We started doing lots of things and going forward by 2016, our defence set-up will change a lot like and will be par with our North-west side set-up.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

That is exactly what I said in starting only.

Our Defence in N-E is based on defensive strategy and to defend A.P., It's all due to political reason which i agree.

I am sure, we can defend in N-E with current capability and my only point was "We should work on offensive strategy to enter Tibet and try for win" and as per next 5 year plan, Our defence will be quite strong enough to actually implement such strategy of course if backed with political will.
Stupid OPOBJ the only thing that will happen is blood shed.to even partly achieve that we need to pump our economy and infra drastically

ice berg

We haven't even fired a shot and your Tibetian province is in unrest

There are a thousand ways to cook a goose and all do not need a fire Sun Tzu might not have taught you this nor Confucius
If India can live with Kashmir and maoists, I am sure China can live with a couple monks burning themselves from time to time.
(Not learned from Sun Zi or Kongfuzi).

Iamanidiot

If India can live with Kashmir and maoists, I am sure China can live with a couple monks burning themselves from time to time.
India largely does not get international attention for its deeds can't say the same for China..Burning monks screw the psyche of the population and he is a good symbol of protest against the corrupt CCP official who raped one's only daughter or illegally organ farmed someones father .The kashmiri infiltrator does not inspire Romanticism of the burning monk in the peoples hearts nor the Maoists who do not hurt Civilians.All it takes is a division to wipe out the Maoists the only thing stopping is Human Rights and humanity.

Indians may not be having a Sun Tzu oor Kongfuzi but we have a Gandhi he did to the Brits what Adolf Hitler failed to do destroy their empire without firing a single shot

The more information is supressed and regulated the worser the CCP's deeds the more the Romanticism

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Its just for the Chinese ears. We have been doing everything including planning and preparing for a 2 front war and raising mountain divisions, acquiring light artillery and stationing front line fighters to fight against China. For the first time ever we are preparing for offensive role. So i dont think MMS is giving a clean chit like Nehru.
Sir,
This drama of offensive role is just to mislead Indian public. One needs minimum 20 divisions to launch a credible offensive into Tibet. We are drumming up raising two divisions. Infantry resources are woefully short in India and maximum Indian Defense budget in capital outlay goes towards equipment and so called modernisation.

With four new Infantry division, India will be able to fight one and a half defensive holding war against China and Pakistan. They are not afraid of increment of one odd division.

India unwisely is delaying militarisation of CPOs who could make up for defensive troops. India will also face peculier war waged inside India when our border will be under attack. While not being in favour of raising more Army strength, India needs to undertake following tasks at priority:

# Militarise officer Cadre of CPO.
# Militarise command and control structure of CPOs.
# Convert four RR Forces in J&K to military offensive / defensive structures with all support elements.
# Introduce RMA elements opposite Tibet.

India needs to lay emphasis on augmentation and modernisation of IAF and IN specially through indigenous efforts and resources.

lemontree

Professional
Could you elaborate little more on your claim, what is exactly India's capability to launch an offensive attack on a country that has:
I dont need to..the Indian service personal on this forum know what I am referring to. You dont need to know.
(1)been a nuclear power for half a century
So are we a nuclear power.
(2)a standing army of 2.3 million people with a 50 million strong militia as backup (in the past probably fewer thse days)
You cannot deploy all of them against us. So chill.
(3)likely world's largest manufacturer this year
Making knock-offs for the western markets - of no consequence in a war.
(4)world's 2nd largest economy
We count in the top 10 too and we are a trillion dollar economy also.
(5)world's largest energy producer/consumer
So was the US by the Vietnamese beat them eh!
(6)world's largest food producer
So are we. We produce alomost same amount of food as China.
(7)by far the world's largest steel producing country with 600 million tons annually
So was the US, but did that defeat the Viet Cong?
(8) a very homogenous population of 1.3 billion people
That's a joke, you already have someone shouting East Turkmainistan and Tibet.
(9)a huge strategic depth measureing 5000km from east to west and 5000km from north to south
Irrelevant to and Sino-Indian conflict.
(10)a vast indigenous defence industry
The US had the best arms industry, but did that defeat the Viet Cong?

Galaxy

Country flag
Stupid OPOBJ the only thing that will happen is blood shed.to even partly achieve that we need to pump our economy and infra drastically
Even if China attacks from GB/Aksai Chin into Uttrakhand/H.P./J&K or from east front into Sikkim/A.P., Then also there will be lots of blood shed and we will suffer major loss in air-strike.

What we will do ?? Attack into 300 Km empty land of Tibet ?

This is 2011 and not 1962 or 1967.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Mods this is I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.I need to read the rules.ing annoying

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Neither Kashmiries nor the Maoists are fighting for separation. But Tibetans are fighting for independence and succession. There is lot of difference my boy !

Iamanidiot

Even if China attacks from GB/Aksai Chin into Uttrakhand/H.P./J&K or from east front into Sikkim/A.P., Then also there will be lots of blood shed and we will have suffer major loss in air-strike.

What we do ?? Attack into 300 Km empty land of Tibet ?

This is 2011 and not 1962 or 1967.

Type anything here keeping logistics in mind."Can we pull this act with our current capacity?" Professionals think logistics

Iamanidiot

It worked in 1962.
That was because Nehru believed Zhou Enlai's assurances and 1962 is basis of WZC. Will WZC work again?.The Japanese Pearl harbour act is also something similar to WZC sir looking in hindsight

Galaxy

Country flag
Type anything here keeping logistics in mind."Can we pull this act with our current capacity?" Professionals think logistics
No, We cannot as of now. I didn't even said we can. It's simply not possible.

What I said, We need to convert our defensive doctrine into offensive (like our cold war doctrine for Pak).

Yes, That needs lots of men, money and material. We are improving and initiated few things and going forward, It's practically possible.

in Short, I said "For China, Current set-up is Defensive and Future could/should be Offensive"

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
In order to deal with China, India will not attack at their strengths but weaknesses. so Tibet will contineu to fester and there will be incresing levels of insurgency in Tibet and Xinjiang.

Pakistan, the proxy of China in the subcontinent will be decimated.

India will win over Nepal, BD and Myanmar besides SL and Maldives.

All efforts of China to bypass Malacca strait, their weakness, through Pakistan will be thwarted or held hostage.

China's soft belly, the SCS will be contested.

China will be consigned to the status of an Asian Land Force but not a competing air and Neval power.

If one could achieve that, China will be fus fus...

Iamanidiot

In order to deal with China, India will not attack at their strengths but weaknesses. so Tibet will contineu to fester and there will be incresing levels of insurgency in Tibet and Xinjiang.

Pakistan, the proxy of China in the subcontinent will be decimated.

India will win over Nepal, BD and Myanmar besides SL and Maldives.

All efforts of China to bypass Malacca strait, their weakness, through Pakistan will be thwarted or held hostage.

China's soft belly, the SCS will be contested.

China will be consigned to the status of an Asian Land Force but not a competing air and Neval power.

If one could achieve that, China will be fus fus...
This will happen largely due to their own actions and Chinese aren't the only smart people on Earth

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
This will happen largely due to their own actions and Chinese aren't the only smart people on Earth
To my mind, if India can frustrate Chinese efforts to link with Bangladesh through Siliguri Corridor in a high intensity war scenarios and therby open routes of supply through bay of Bengal, we would have thwarted major Chinese land threat.
Second, India must make all efforts to block Chinese sea / land routes to mainland through Myanmar. In a war with China, Indian objective has to be North south roads and axis in North Myanmar. This is strategy of indirect approach.
India has to put in all energies and effort to capture Norther Areas of POK so that Chinese link up with Gwadar is prevented.

China must be made to pay dearly for their continuance of Xinjiang and Tibet.

Third, make A&NC as direct approach strategy fortress to stop China.

Chinese will never ever look west or south.

lemontree

Professional
That was because Nehru believed Zhou Enlai's assurances and 1962 is basis of WZC. Will WZC work again?.The Japanese Pearl harbour act is also something similar to WZC sir looking in hindsight
Zhou Enlai did not give any assurances, Nehru was trying to appease the Chinese Primier. It was the forward movement of placing border out posts and constant patrol clashes that prompted the Chinese to "teach India a lesson".

The 1962 operation was a swift campaign, considering the mountainous terrain. Units were engaged, gaps infliterated, and rears areas were hit. Causing the formations to collapse.

Today the same cannot be repeated due to a number of reasons.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles