China wants more aircraft carriers to compete with India

nimo_cn

Country flag
China has to play catch up with India. India got a carrier FIRST so China in desperation went to Ukraine and had them refurbish a pile of junk and now they are passing it of as their carrier.
So India's second-hand ACs are not junks?

We are playing catch up, but not with India. Chinese navy is doomed if they set IN as a benchmark.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
You spoke too fast.

There are still 9 and half years remaining in this decade. Let's just wait and see what China will accomplish before 2020.
You mean 3 carriers only in 9 years. No matter how large ship building capacity China have but nothing can help it in making commissioned 3 AC in this decade. Forget it.

And as you said that still 9 years are left, so ANYTHING can happen in these 9 years, ANYTHING ;) . Dont think that everything will go in a positive manner because it doesnt. Not always. So lets wait and watch what happens and also just pray that "EVERYTHING" goes good.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
[hl] Please refrain from personal attacks and off-handed remarks. Any further posts with such tone will be deleted and infractions will be awarded [/hl]

Country flag
So India's second-hand ACs are not junks?

We are playing catch up, but not with India. Chinese navy is doomed if they set IN as a benchmark.
ok you are not playing catch up but it does not change the fact that India's carrier came 5 years before Chinese did. India is FIRST in getting a carrier and Chinese are SECOND but that is not catch up. India should be a role model for Chinese we have 50 years experience with carriers.

http://www.aircraftcarrier.name/india/index.html

The first aircraft carrier that served in India was the INS Vikrant (R11).
This was a Majestic-class light carrier that was commissioned into Indian Navy March 4, 1961, and decommissioned 31 January 1997 and is Preserved as a floating museum at Mumbai.

he next carrier INS Viraat a centaur class aircraft carrie, roriginally commissioned in the Royal Navy as HMS Hermes Wed, November 18th, 1959. The Indian Navy purchased INS Viraat l in April 1986 and gave it an extensive refit at Devonport Dockyard to allow for continued operability into the next decade and is still in service

nimo_cn

Country flag
ok you are not playing catch up but it does not change the fact that India's carrier came 5 years before Chinese did. India is FIRST in getting a carrier and Chinese are SECOND but that is not catch up.

Aircraft carriers in the Indian Navy

The first aircraft carrier that served in India was the INS Vikrant (R11).
This was a Majestic-class light carrier that was commissioned into Indian Navy March 4, 1961, and decommissioned 31 January 1997 and is Preserved as a floating museum at Mumbai.
So because of that, we want to compete with India. There are no countries on this planet which could be a better rival than India?

Country flag
So because of that, we want to compete with India. There are no countries on this planet which could be a better rival than India?
It is not competition when you are second in a race. Be it India or USA the fact still the same China is second.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
When I said India is irrevelant, it is from our side. We didn't take India into consideration when building our ACs. Is that clear?

You thought you are the factor that causes China to build 3 ACs, but sorry, that is not true. I tell you that as a Chinese, we DON'T GIVE A DAMN about your ACs.

Of course, you are still free to say "Hey, Chinese are building ACs because India has 3 ACs".

You are also breathing our air.
LMAO!! We are breathing your air? Air,water and land dont belong to anyone, I guess we all have the same blood too then. Thats not an diplomatic answer but that is the truth. We are Glad China is building a carrier, its good for you but if you try to shove it down our throat like Chinese are better than Indians then you cant possibly expect us not to rebuff you claims of superiority, if you have no such claims, then we have no such claims either.

We have carriers as a second line of defense and for naval blockades in case of war but China has carriers for other reasons i suppose.

debasree

Country flag
one post u say ur not competing with india ,another u said ur ,what the correct view,dont create smoke in ours mind and beware indian ccean is ours doorstep dont come here ,,if u the clash will be inevitable.

nimo_cn

Country flag
India will always be relevant if you have to use Indian Ocean,
From our side, you are irrelevant, we don't take you into consideration when building our ACs, that is what I want to say. Does not hurt your feelings when we neglect you?

you are using our waters so don't forget it.
Right, you are also breathing our air.

Country flag
From our side, you are irrelevant, we don't take you into consideration when building our ACs, that is what I want to say. Does not hurt your feelings when we neglect you?

Right, you are also breathing our air.
This is our water and air we are sharing now but may change soon, you are not neglecting us since you are incapable of going beyond south china sea.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Still, we don't keep you in mind. Does that piss you off?
you out of your mind, read this again and again

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.373af95a8162edb3c0e98ffdbcf674d3.211

now read this Interview: Military experts say China deserves aircraft carrier for national security

presently you cannot fight too far away from your sea, this ship will take its time, having AC is one thing, using it effectively with CBG is another, it will take years to achieve that.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Holy Crap, fragile egos on both sides, this is childish how both of you respond, what is so great about your countries if you dont even have the courage to fix problems with your neighbors? By building bigger carriers you only show how afraid and insecure you are and your need to secure yourself with armaments. But how can a response born out of fear be great? Even children are afraid and can throw tantrums like you do but if your not even gone past such basics emotions to resolve your problems then atleast dont call yourselves great. Your not great countries or cultures, your like children who cant face each other.

nimo_cn

Country flag
LMAO!! We are breathing your air? Air,water and land dont belong to anyone, I guess we all have the same blood too then. Thats not an diplomatic answer but that is the truth. We are Glad China is building a carrier, its good for you but if you try to shove it down our throat like Chinese are better than Indians then you cant possibly expect us not to rebuff you claims of superiority, if you have no such claims, then we have no such claims either.

We have carriers as a second line of defense and for naval blockades in case of war but China has carriers for other reasons i suppose.

Don't complicate what I said. I said we didn't take India into consideration when building that AC, that maybe sound ignorant, but if you truely understand what situation China is in, you will agree with what I said.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
They dont have operational AC and look how much they want to compete with US navy. At least first equal to Thailand navy in terms of AC

Last edited:
Country flag
what good does a carrier do for China when USA has them completely surrounded with naval bases ??

nimo_cn

Country flag
This is our water and air we are sharing now but may change soon, you are not neglecting us since you are incapable of going beyond south china sea.
Even going by what you said, this title is far-fetched, how could we compete with India if we are not capable of going beyond SCS?

Do we have any problem with what I said about India being irrelevant with Chinese AC project?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles