China wants more aircraft carriers to compete with India

cir

5 battle groups by 2020; over 8 groups by 2030. Bring it on!

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
back to the article....AC is not for competing with india in the near future unless IN comes to south china sea. chinas AC is to 1st deal with japan and ultimaetly the US when we may have to take taiwan back via military force. 2nd using AC we can protect our interests in south china sea much better.

so i actually dont know why this author would use the title....
But Japan is in no shape to fight with you with a slew of disaster rocking their country in the last year. Not to mention a very stagnant economy and a very rapidly aging population. Challenging US with more than 11 supercarriers in their kitty, is not going to be possible that too in Pacific. There's a reason why Taiwan is not being taken by force and integrated even though USA is not strong enough to fight with you for some other country. Figure why.

aimarraul

5 battle groups by 2020; over 8 groups by 2030. Bring it on!
Don't be so pugnacious,we are only trying to defend the territorial integrity and protect our growing global interests,we are either seeking to be a world-cop or superpower,besides china is only big country that don't have a AC, it's our automatic right to build one or three

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If corruption in India is higher than China...then i think you must see Transparency international results...I think we both aint too far away...its just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption
But China at least has strong leaders... not inbred mongrels that only know looting the country. China's progress is visible compared to ours which doesn't really trickle to the lowest levels and all parts of India.

Phenom

If corruption in India is higher than China...then i think you must see Transparency international results...I think we both aint too far away...its just like the pot calling the kettle black.

Transparency International - the global coalition against corruption
Just to add to this

The index is actually a corruption perception index. And India would rank higher in perception because the corruption is openly talked about in the media. In China where the corruption is hushed up the perception would be lower than the reality.

huaxia rox

But Japan is in no shape to fight with you with a slew of disaster rocking their country in the last year. Not to mention a very stagnant economy and a very rapidly aging population. Challenging US with more than 11 supercarriers in their kitty, is not going to be possible that too in Pacific. There's a reason why Taiwan is not being taken by force and integrated even though USA is not strong enough to fight with you for some other country. Figure why.
1 the western media has tended to describe japanese economy as a very bad 1 for years and its not that simple. in a nutshell its economy is way too better than many may think even with years of 'nil growth' or the new earthquake. how ever its military is controlled fully by the US. as rusults japanese can get most advanced military help and support from the US like their destoriers or fighter jets. and if anything happens in taiwan war and the US gets involved japan will also have to get onboard with the US coz the US military bases in japan r the most dangerous 1s for the PRC and the US will use them. willingly or unwillingly japan has a good chance to fight chinese in that senaria with its military and economic power. the AC of PRC may make them think more carefully if they wanna take the risk.

2 in the long run. chinese AC should have the abilities to attack the US soil. this is a conventional way of touching the mighty US and pls mark my word.....it will have huge impacts on the asia pacific region that we will see in the future if lucky. in the near future we will make sure the US involvements in taiwan war r going to be a high price.

3 in terms of taiwan i can tell u i dont know what u talking about but even if there were no US PRC would not take it back by force if its not needed....after all many like me think they r chinese too. if the island is occupied by outsiders we can fight or even kill all the enemies....but there is just another han chinese power in taiwan now and we dont wanna see chinese killing chinese like what we did some 60 years ago.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
1 the western media has tended to describe japanese economy as a very bad 1 for years and its not that simple. in a nutshell its economy is way too better than many may think even with years of 'nil growth' or the new earthquake. how ever its military is controlled fully by the US. as rusults japanese can get most advanced military help and support from the US like their destoriers or fighter jets. and if anything happens in taiwan war and the US gets involved japan will also have to get onboard with the US coz the US military bases in japan r the most dangerous 1s for the PRC and the US will use them. willingly or unwillingly japan has a good chance to fight chinese in that senaria with its military and economic power. the AC of PRC may make them think more carefully if they wanna take the risk.
I see. So basically there is indeed a plan to take Taiwan under mainland rule with full force soon. Well personally, I don't mind. I would say that most of us Indians also plan to do the same with Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.

2 in the long run. chinese AC should have the abilities to attack the US soil. this is a conventional way of touching the mighty US and pls mark my word.....it will have huge impacts on the asia pacific region that we will see in the future if lucky. in the near future we will make sure the US involvements in taiwan war r going to be a high price.
US war machinery needs a break at the moment. Though their prosperity increases with more and more wars, Afghanistan has drained them off lot of power and lot of money. Which means that their focus on fighting Jihad would be more right now rather than any attempts to target you vis a vis Taiwan.

3 in terms of taiwan i can tell u i dont know what u talking about but even if there were no US PRC would not take it back by force if its not needed....after all many like me think they r chinese too. if the island is occupied by outsiders we can fight or even kill all the enemies....but there is just another han chinese power in taiwan now and we dont wanna see chinese killing chinese like what we did some 60 years ago.
That's a noble thought but then this status quo is likely to remain if you refrain from using any force at all. It will be unlikely that US will ever meddle with you anymore considering that your economy is so mixed with them that if either of you fight and lose, the other automatically gets flattened.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
But China at least has strong leaders... not inbred mongrels that only know looting the country. China's progress is visible compared to ours which doesn't really trickle to the lowest levels and all parts of India.
Oh please, don't tell me that you fall in to trap, there society is paranoid, sot here leaders are. To save face, they will go to any lengths. Just see this blog, this is sensational, if true
Japanese Military Analyst: Chinese Nuclear Submarine Accident in Dalian, China?? | EX-SKF

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan

Ohhh - I would love to see this one. A showdown between USA and PRC over Taiwan. An air warfare involving the 300+ Su-30 MKK / J-11A/Bs against the F-22 Raptor, F-16 B60 and the F-15E/F - awesome. The 10 USN supercarriers with their F/A-18 SHs against the PLAN carriers and land based Su-33/ J-15s - terrific! The US Marines and US army against the PLA - the M1A1 Against the Type-96 ... oohhh - I am having a hard 0n!

Now as the conflict gets REAL while PRC starts losing and finds it difficult to keep that information from its general public what will they do? Nuke a US carrier battle group?
As the USA starts receiving it's boatloads of bodybags and has to explain the loss of a ship or two, what will the Pentagon do? Send some tactical nukes to the PLAF airbases?
The possibilities are endless and the imagination can run wild here - titilating - that's what it is!

For the sake of humanity I hope that the CCP and PLA does not go into such MAD course of action - I would not like to be in the neighborhood when the shit starts flying! However, after making sure that I am somewhere safe (where no Chinese nuke can reach my backyard), I WILL turn on my 3D HD TV (made in China), turn on my American cable channels, eat my Indian food, drink my French wine and ENJOY the last few months of entertaining war - a la Gulf war style!
Who wants to join me in my homegrown bunker?

aimarraul

For the sake of humanity I hope that the CCP and PLA does not go into such MAD course of action - I would not like to be in the neighborhood when the shit starts flying! However, after making sure that I am somewhere safe (where no Chinese nuke can reach my backyard), I WILL turn on my 3D HD TV (made in China), turn on my American cable channels, eat my Indian food, drink my French wine and ENJOY the last few months of entertaining war - a la Gulf war style!
just like how american and indian ENJOY the entertaining Korean War and China-India War:becky:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China wants more aircraft carriers to compete with India

BEIJING: A serving Chinese military general is citing India's capabilities in his efforts to edge the government to have more than one aircraft carrier. General Luo Yuan, a senior researcher with the Academy of Military Sciences, said China needs at least three aircraft carriers to defend its interests in the face of neighbors developing their capabilities.

"If we consider our neighbors, India will have three aircraft carriers by 2014 and Japan will have three carriers by 2014," General Luo was quoted as saying by Beijing News. "So I think the number (for China) should not be less than three so we can defend our rights and our maritime interests effectively.".........

The latest statement from General Luo shows there has been some rethinking, and Beijing is prepared to talk about using aircraft carriers for war preparedness. The general represents a government academy that plays a role in the military planning process.

China is worried that Japan's three carriers, which are at present used for helicopter operations, would eventually be converted into full aircraft carriers. The two countries have serious disputes over some islands.

China wants more aircraft carriers to compete with India - Times Of India
It only goes to indicate that China has been spooked and is fear crazy over the US game-plan to 'encircle' China as also to spurt her into a greater and more hectic arms race so as to burden China's economy wherein China will not be able to use her money for the welfare and upliftment of its poor and the needy and close the gap between the rich and poor, urban and rural, have and the have nots.

In short, widen the divide in China so that there is unrest and it calls to question the Chinese Communists that may even herald the fall of the CCP!

Of course, it will all depend on the widening of the divides and the US is working towards it and I would not be surprised if the revolution in Xinjaing is a part of the scheme!

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
just like how american and indian ENJOY the entertaining Korean War and China-India War:becky:
You serious? How could we enjoy? Back then there was no 24 hrs cable news ... what did you do in China? watch it from your window? or did Chairman Mao arrange for running commentary on the radio?

debasree

Country flag
We don't consider India has advantage on these. Democracy? =>more corruption, Freedom of Speech and press?=> did you resolve anything by using that? Human rights?=>live shorter life with far less mordenized materials?. No, thank you, but no.
it seems u know every thing about democracy, but do u know the real virtue of democracy its act like a safety vulbe like in a pressure cooker,but in authorotarian rull just like urs country,they have no safety vulbe and when pressure in this case public anger increase it will be a big boooooooooom and urs great country gone in history books.

mileycyruslove

the only coroner that chinese nukes cannot reach is argentina
Ohhh - I would love to see this one. A showdown between USA and PRC over Taiwan. An air warfare involving the 300+ Su-30 MKK / J-11A/Bs against the F-22 Raptor, F-16 B60 and the F-15E/F - awesome. The 10 USN supercarriers with their F/A-18 SHs against the PLAN carriers and land based Su-33/ J-15s - terrific! The US Marines and US army against the PLA - the M1A1 Against the Type-96 ... oohhh - I am having a hard 0n!

Now as the conflict gets REAL while PRC starts losing and finds it difficult to keep that information from its general public what will they do? Nuke a US carrier battle group?
As the USA starts receiving it's boatloads of bodybags and has to explain the loss of a ship or two, what will the Pentagon do? Send some tactical nukes to the PLAF airbases?
The possibilities are endless and the imagination can run wild here - titilating - that's what it is!

huaxia rox

You serious? How could we enjoy? Back then there was no 24 hrs cable news ... what did you do in China? watch it from your window? or did Chairman Mao arrange for running commentary on the radio?
well i still watch these documentary videos online sometimes every now and then......dont u know cameras can record things even they can only be black and white if they r too old....

anyway so u have ur ways of enjoying time and we have ours.....

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
well i still watch these documentary videos online sometimes every now and then......dont u know cameras can record things even they can only be black and white if they r too old....

anyway so u have ur ways of enjoying time and we have ours.....
What is your way of enjoying time that is diffrent from the rest of us? Tai Chi?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
At least somewhere china is competing with India in quantity.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Why are we hooting fiercely on the so called MEGA topic. Chill out guys. Even if China wanted 3 AC, it would not be possible to complete the project in this decade. Reason- As clarified that Varyag wouldnt be an operational AC and R&D of an AC takes minimum of 4 years from blueprints to sea trials and induction(if i`m not wrong).
By that India would also be having around 3 AC(excluding the current one,considering it to be retired). And on that too China will be focusing on its Southern and Eastern neighbors. As they should not try to step into IOR, or else it could be a disaster for the brand new Chinese DADDY.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles