China vetoes Indias loan application at the ADB

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by Yusuf, Apr 15, 2009.

1. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

no resource comes,no loan goes.
    china is not a kind angel. it is business.

2. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

well many of the bigger players maybe having a change of heart especially when China calls for a new world currency challenging the dollar many are looking at China with a different light.

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.co...-super-sovereignty-currency-usd-alternatives/

3. luckyy

luckyy Regular Member

then the next export products china going to lunch would be wooden furniture......hahaha

4. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Well, China tried to block NSG approval for Indo-US nuclear deal and what happened - it failed.
    Tried to block ADB loan to India and what happened - it failed.

This is enough to say that China doesn't have enough diplomatic influence to make things happen on its terms. They should accept this reality and move on, instead of taking confrontational attitude with matters concerning India. Otherwise, it will fail again :blum3:.

5. NikSha

NikSha Regular Member

Koji and badguy, two resident Chinese apparently don't get what "influence" means anyway, no point in explaining.

Anyways, China has mastered the art of failure of epic proportions by now, should stick to what she knows best, killing innocent people in Tibet and financing illegal activities through Pakistan.

6. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Chinese have influence.BUT they dont have the kind of influence where they can block India's moves. Because India ALSO has influence. This is something our Chinese friends on the forum dont seem to understand.

7. Koji

Koji New Member

Yes...unless it's the UNSC

8. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

@ UNSC -> China can veto pro-India decisions but there is no guarantee China will be able to push for resolutions against India.

In any case this has pretty much settled the territorial dispute in the eyes of world community. Arunachal Pradesh is a part of India. :)

9. Koji

Koji New Member

Sigh...Everyone seems to overlook how China is just one player in financing Pakistan. Give credit where it is due, they have played their cards quite well, and it can be seen in their growth or growing influence in South East Asia. Not to excuse their behavior in Tibet.

10. Daredevil

Well, the influence was not enough for a decision against ADB loan to India.:blum3:

11. Antimony

Antimony Regular Member

I guess that is what I would term influence, we are pally with the big guys.

The US's motives are not a secret, while Indian does have a lot of prgrammes done with Japan's financial/ technical assistance.

My thanks to the Japanese and American people and government for standing beside India

12. Daredevil

Chicoms are having a heart burn :D:p

13. Koji

Koji New Member

I don't get. One day you guys curse the Americans over their continued support of Pakistan, and another day you thank them.

14. Daredevil

Welcome to realpolitik mate :D.

15. johnee

No permanent friends or foes, only permanent interests!:wink:

16. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

in the chinies case the relationship with US is such my enemie's enemy is my friend and in the Pakistan case it is my Enemie's friend is my headaceh as simple as that mate in Realpolitk dont expect "and they lived happily ever after" situation

17. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

okay people, this is worth a mention. it was not only the biggies that have favored us in the past who voted this time as well but a surprise package in the form of pakistan also voted in favor of us and if we are to look at this deeply then this quite clearly was a vote against the wishes of the prc. it seems the recent meet between the pm and zardari was not all that of a waste eventually, this also means the back door channels of communications between india and pakistan were always active post 26/11.

18. johnee

Pakistan voting in favour of India against the tallel than mountain fleind China?!? Whats cooking?

PS: masterstroke by India to China. China must be truly mad this time.

19. Daredevil

Well, you are mistaken again, as usual. India never objected to the protest by Tibetan people (that is not our culture unlike China :blum3:). The only time they were not allowed to protest was against the Olympic flame, as they were turning violent all over the world. In fact, many of Indians have expressed solidarity with tibetan people in many of the protests that they under took in India.

20. Koji

Koji New Member

My point still stands. Please refer me any case where the Indian government has supported Tibetan indepedance. Solidarity among the public does not translate into national policy.

Plus the fact that they were forcefully denied the right to protest during the Olympics is a clear message, since that is when they would've gotten the most exposure.