China vetoes Indias loan application at the ADB

Discussion in 'Foreign Relations' started by Yusuf, Apr 15, 2009.

1. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

can you clarify??

2. Koji

Koji New Member

Well Indian influence was not enough to clear the loan for investment. It took pressure from both the US and Japan to get it through.

3. LETHALFORCE

does it make a difference , the ends justify the means. don't be angry at your countrymen if you are really japanese.

4. Koji

Koji New Member

Please point out where I seemed to be angry? I was showing you that it took FAR more than Indian diplomacy to get the loan pushed by China.

5. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

well, congratulations!
    you got it finally!

maybe CHina should consider cancelling its financial support to ADB and marginalize ADB,just as CHina does with IMF and world bank in Africa.

6. LETHALFORCE

QUOTE=badguy2000;29371]well, congratulations!
    you got it finally!

maybe CHina should consider cancelling its financial support to ADB and marginalize ADB,just as CHina does with IMF and world bank in Africa.[/QUOTE]

i agree China should cancel if they are contributing and still have no influence it becomes a big joke on them:blum3:

7. LETHALFORCE

does it matter in the end result??

8. Koji

Koji New Member

Yes it matters, b/c it implies dependance.

9. LETHALFORCE

Well China got rich being slave labor to America it is also dependance or you don't view it that way?

10. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

koji the point is why did the japanese and the americans come to push this loan. they did not do it for fun sake, did they, and it was not as if they woke up one morning and felt that they should push if, if it had not been for the indian diplomatic efforts we would have not seen this day. face can be anyone but the efforts put in were very clearly put in by the indians themselves.

11. luckyy

luckyy Regular Member

Asian Development Bank has approved 2.9-billion-dollar funding plan for India,..

where is the question of vetoe , i don't think china has any vetoe power in ADB on such issues ..

12. LETHALFORCE

looks like Chinese have no influence in many places they think they do like ADB and even in the IMF, USA listens to china but it goes in one ear and out the other.

13. Koji

Koji New Member

I don't think it can be said clearly that it was pushed entirely by Indian efforts. A LOT of self-interests could be served by this loan.

14. LETHALFORCE

this loan really didn't matter since the Indian govt were going to do the projects from other funds but it became a matter of principle, and a wake up call to the free world of the future Chinese threat.

15. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

well mate as you used the term dependence i think that answered a lot of questions in it self, international diplomacy is all about give and take and yes just as there are self interests for the usa and japan same way there are a lot of self interests of india that get addressed as well, and quite clearly india's self interests getting addressed by this loan is not just one off case, such things keep happening on a lot of grounds on a lot of issues and in bargain others also look for benefits then where is the problem because no one will address others interests till the time our own interests are well taken care off even while addressing others interests.

16. badguy2000

badguy2000 Respected Member Senior Member

Do you know why IMF and WB often accuse CHina of "non-conditional loans and aid" to African countries?

it is because that BOth IMF and WB feel they are marginalized by China in Africa.

well, china doesn't appreiciate IMF and WB, because CHina owns very limited vote of IMF and WB.

So ,most aid and loose loan to Africa from China turns around IMF and WB and directly given to African accepters in bilateral way.
    the bilateral loan and aid from China is so popular in Africa today,that IMF and WB find that lots of Afican countries lost interest in their loans and both are losing their traditional market.

"if nobody needs loans of IMF and WB, then IMF and WB shoud “die" naturally.
    -----------------

if ADB ignores china's voice, I do think the time will come soon ,when ADB accuses CHIna of "turn around multiple-lateral way and take bilateral way."

17. LETHALFORCE

Chinese are donating to Africa with the sole intention of looting it's resources same reason it is arming the different factions, if Chinese are donating and not getting their way i am sure chinese would not continue donating.

18. luckyy

luckyy Regular Member

african are well known not to return back their loans....hahaha

soon chines be cutting their jungles to take away wood in return..hohoho

19. Koji

Koji New Member

Give me a break. "A wake up call to the free world of the future Chinese threat"? This statement doesn't make sense when most countries are actively trying to have closer ties with China.

20. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

It was not the substance of the decision,but the principle that mattered here,great news indeed.

The Chicom autocrats would do great service to their fellow countrymen,if in the future they kindly not place China in a diplomatic quandary,the infinite and inescapable result of which is is China cutting a sorry and a despicable figure on the international arena...............but then whom am i kidding :)