Professional
Tell that to Wall Street and all the scammers in developing world
Let us start with Chini mini maina Mo.

Wall street is well known for Greed.

But China?

No.

Remember a Joe call Mao?

Or is a stupid Mo?

He could not have been one of the Three Stooges could he?

When he was alive, he was 100% right.

How does it matter that when he died and none was scared, claimed he was only 70% right and the zombies lapped it up?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why are you obsessed with Mao and the Chinese? Greed and cruelty are universal. The human race has a long way to go. This has nothing to do with Chinese or anyone. It is a human problem.
Educate yourself and then return.

Your ramblings are not worth answering.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sorry I just reviewed my post and it seems I did not completely answer your qeustion:

2. You said that ethnic chinis seem to place more emphasis on wealth. With what unit are you measuring this "materialism" so as to compare it with other ethnic groups?
I'm basing my opinion on personal experience and what I read.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Sorry I just reviewed my post and it seems I did not completely answer your qeustion:

I'm basing my opinion on personal experience and what I read.
I was also wondering what you meant by "yes" as a response to that question, but just didn't get the time to ask you.

Anyway my experiences with some chinese (family and friends) actually different from yours.
ymmv, I guess.

Since these are subjective topics, I don't think much can be argued here.

PS: You "reviewed" your posts? My god(s) you must have a lot of free time. :shocked:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I was also wondering what you meant by "yes" as a response to that question, but just didn't get the time to ask you.

Anyway my experiences with some chinese (family and friends) actually different from yours.
ymmv, I guess.

Since these are subjective topics, I don't think much can be argued here.

PS: You "reviewed" your posts? My god(s) you must have a lot of free time. :shocked:
Indian Chinese are small in numbers and have inculcated the Indian ways and are laid back.

That is not so with the Chinese diaspora elsewhere. They are very pushy, aggressive and very persuasive in selling their wares and running after money. One has to see the Chinese petty salespeople in Malaysia and Singapore to realise this trait in the Chinese folks out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redhawk

It is too late for the Communist to wake up and asl universities to shun western values.

The Chinese, especially the young Chinese, have been enmeshed in the western values that are more free wheeling than the Oriental norms which are more society and family loyalty and respect oriented and hence more strait-laced. Further, add to that the Communist regimen, it can be real suffocating.

There will come a time when it will be the Communist Party that will have to change.

the Chinese society has already been turned on its head. Too late to revert it to the earlier ways.

Chinese Communism, or Maoism, is a mixture of Marxism-Leninism and Stalinism with other collectivist political and social ideologies taken from ancient Chinese philosophies, viz. Confucianism/Neo-Confucianism and Legalism. Legalism has a very real claim to being the world's first articulated, systematized totalitarian ideology. Maoism may be considered Stalinism with Chinese characteristics.

Regrettably for the Chinese Communist Party (C.C.P.), collectivist, totalitarian ideologies have had their day in this epoch. They may come back at some future time when there is another swing toward collectivism and collective order and organization. But at present, the stress is on individual freedom and individualism. This has certainly been the case in the West for generations.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles