China tops, India last, in list of 12 nations important to US: Poll

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
"No news is good news".

Countries that are not on the list of being important to the US are probably countries that as they say in the US - "have their shit together". In other words, these are countries that are not going from one crisis to the next or in constant turmoil.

In the case of China, it the economic relationship and competition that raises China's profile.
When the indian economy starts being in the top 3, then you will get more attention.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
"No news is good news".

Countries that are not on the list of being important to the US are probably countries that as they say in the US - "have their shit together". In other words, these are countries that are not going from one crisis to the next or in constant turmoil.

In the case of China, it the economic relationship and competition that raises China's profile.
When the indian economy starts being in the top 3, then you will get more attention.
Nah.. Don't take our Yellow media seriously.. they are confused about their identity and consider you lot their God. :lol:. Let's see the list of top possible 12 countries and their reasons, shall we?

1-China: Rising threat, burgeoning economy, passive-show government, aggressive military advancement

2-Russia: Former threat, rising trade partner, significantly influential nation, the only other 'rivaling' world power in terms of strategic tech

3-Iraq: puppet state, raw in economy, infrastructure, fresh from war

4-Pakistan: failed state, terrorism, corruption, no locus standi, nukes, Taliban, bankruptcy, instability, chaos, multiple centers of power

5-Afghanistan: same as Pakistan but with more sensible and victimized people and puppet government in trouble

6-[COLOR="#silver"]Egypt[/COLOR]: Just lost a crucial puppet government

7-Japan: Achilles lock on East Asian strategic sphere, bird's eye view of China

8-South Korea: Same as Japan, only more dependent now

9-North Korea: nuke threat, sabotage, anti-American, lunatic and deranged leadership and suicidal

10-Brazil: Stranglehold on South American sphere of influence opposed to a still-stuck-in-USSR-era Chavez government of Venezuela

11-Iran: Mulla regime, exporter of "revolution", militancy against Israel, Arab haters and a threat to Middle Eastern sphere

12-Israel: The nerve center of Middle East strategy, homeland to the top dogs of US industry/economy bigwigs, technological ally/contributor

RED: complete threats, credible threats

GREEN: total puppets/total allies

BLUE: on and off Love/hate relation

SILVER: collapsed governments, puppets gone rogue, puppets not able to handle themselves

It is more than understandable why we are not on this list yet. :lol::lol:

And we are mighty glad that we are not on this list. Neither we want to be a threat to US, nor we want to be a puppet to US, nor we hate US; strategic partnership.. :D

ejazr

Ambassador
This is not really that surprising. The US public and the govt. has had little to do with India until post Iraq war period when Bush pushed through the nuke deal. For example, in the entire Henry Kissinger memoirs where he talks about US diplomacy from WWII to end of USSR, India is hardly mentioned except with regard to the 1971 war with Pakistan.

It will still take a decade for India to bring its economy in the top 5 (nominal FDP) in the world and have a smart Foreign policy to influence events in its immdiate neighbourhood to go up the importance scale for the US public.

But more important is that India holding an indepedant policy stance when compared to the US. Those countries who align too closely with the US interests ignoring their own have a history of getting burnt badly and examples are too many to ignore.

mayfair

It's not as if they are quite familiar with their close allies
1. Religion of Israel- Israeli, Catholic, Islamic
2. Currency of Britain- Queen Elizabeth Money, American money
3. Country starting with U- Utopia, Ugoslavia, Utah...

I reckon the TV show went out of its way to film bizzarre replies.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Like India, China is not a terrorist country. The influence China poses on US is not the fear of terrorist attack, but is mix feelings of all kinds of emotions. Be it Economics, military, technology or whatever you think about, it's in strategic perspective, not tactical.
HUH!? Us, a terrorist country :spit:? The terrorist factory of this world is your CCP's darling called Pakistan. Every terrorist or potential terrorist caught in US/ EU these days is 99% of Pakistani origin (rest 1% are Turkish or Somali).

More than 36 Jihadic/terrorist organizations are active inside Pakistan. The first sentence that Putin said on meeting Musharaf (first Russia-Pak leadership meeting in 30 years) was "Hand over the terrorists from Chechnya hiding in your areas".

Nearly 200 unarmed and untrained innocent Indians and 30 foreign nationals got massacred 3 years ago at the hands of Pakistani terrorists.

Since when did we become terrorist? :doh:

sandeepdg

. Like India, China is not a terrorist country.
How the hell did you come to this conclusion ?? Since when did India become a terrorist country, pal ? On the contrary, we are most terrorism affected large,stable country in the world.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well india is still a chop-shop country for most americans while china is holding huge dollars and american debts which are important for american

kickok1975

How the hell did you come to this conclusion ?? Since when did India become a terrorist country, pal ? On the contrary, we are most terrorism affected large,stable country in the world.
Read my comment again: "Like India, China is not a terrorist country". What's wrong with this sentence and give you the impression that I said India is a terrorist country? If my sentence is "Unlike India, China is not a terrorist country", then you could say that.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Read my comment again: "Like India, China is not a terrorist country". What's wrong with this sentence and give you the impression that I said India is a terrorist country? If my sentence is "Unlike India, China is not a terrorist country", then you could say that.
English is very funny language . a small mistake will change the meaning. :D

Atul

Founding Member
Bro there is a Grammar Problem in your Comment. let me Rephrase it for you "Like China, India is not a Terrorist Country" :lol::lol:

What i ment to say was we do not support terrorist nations..

Last edited:

Atul

Founding Member
I think kickok1975 grammar is right.
Ernesto, the right note would be " "Like India, China is not a terrorism affected country".

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I think kickok1975 grammar is right.
Grammar could be correct, however, the meaning which comes out is completely opposite of what was intended.

Correct phrase would be as mentioned by Atul - ""Like China, India is not a Terrorist Country" :)

prototype

Ernesto, the right note would be " "Like India, China is not a terrorism affected country".
See it from another side unlike India,China is not a terrorist country,now which statement holds more true, like or unlike.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
You can't afford the important position, it means more pressures and challenges.
India will collapse soon even it bearing half of pressures of China.

are yuo able to read - the part where it says and i quote " "Americans' views that events in China are vitally important to the US have increased by 12 percentage points since 2007, putting China where Iraq was four years ago," ."

as regards being like iraq - i therefore agree that this is a list to be not on - it's a list of troublesome characters like iraq . France and ENgland are unlike to even be on it !!

Rahul92

Well why should we bother on this poll leave them with their ignorance

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles