China to launch its first space station

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
two questions:

first you guys have very little man space experience so isnt it too early to have space station ??

second will you guys use it for military purpose???

shiphone

Country flag
1. since USA and USSR have done these in 1960-1970s, I don't think these are some breakthrough technology. and I won't deny the involvement of the Russsian tech in chinese Maned space program...some ex-USSR experts were invited for education,techical exchange and consultant in 1990s. some real module was imported for research...even the imported space suite was used in this spacewalk(EVA) in 2008;it was well reported that Zhai Zhigang, wearing a Chinese-developed Feitian space suit and Liu Boming, wearing a Russian Orlan-M suit.

As I said, the pace of the chinese maned space program is very slow compared with USSR and USA space race in 1960s ..one important reason is that these are mature technologies, chinese needn't repeat it again and again to prove everything. As the offcial said on TV, we are on the shouldes of the gaints.

the original steps of chinese maned space program are :
1,send man into space
2.send a few men for days and have some simple space experiment like opening the gates between two modules.
3.2 spacecrafts space docking.
4.EVA
5.space station

now, the only change is the phase 3 switched with 4. Soon we will take the the step 4 , space docking experiment ,as planned.

actually this plan was publiced and well propagandized in the past 10 years in china since the SZ1 was launched in 1999, but most of people outside china know a little about it due to the language barrier...and USA and Russia are far ahead in space tech , they are like the graduated students and the focus of the world space news, and meanwhile china had to work hard and quietly like a humble pupil student for many years. today china might graduate from middle school and gathered some media attention now, but it is still a long way to go. take it easy.

2.if USSR and USA used the space station for some military experiment, I don't think china won't.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
two questions:

first you guys have very little man space experience so isnt it too early to have space station ??
Doesn't India decide to put a man on moon before it can put a man in the space?

If others do, we will not hesitate to follow their example. But we are in no mood to initiate a space arm race.

pmaitra

two questions:

Mr. Sayare,

Experience matters when one is building something from the first time. It takes lot of research, trials, testing etc.. However, when one is cloning or copying a tried and tested design, why would anyone need to spend time and money on testing?

That is the secret of the speed fo progress of almost everything that is 'made' in PRC.

shiphone

Country flag
Mr. Sayare,

Experience matters when one is building something from the first time. It takes lot of research, trials, testing etc.. However, when one is cloning or copying a tried and tested design, why would anyone need to spend time and money on testing?

That is the secret of the speed fo progress of almost everything that is 'made' in PRC.
you are ignoring the following facts:

1. Chinese orbital launch became more and more active and china ranked 3rd almost every year on the annual orbital Launches list since year 2000; in 2010, Russia had 31 shots, USA and China both had 15 shots.
2. China has the the 3rd largest number of satellites in orbit which is more than 80 now, USA has around 450 and Russia 90
3. every year,China launchs quite a few(2-4) satellites for Science & Technology purpose (larger SJ serial,FSW serial and other smaller satellites) besids the communication,remote sense and navigation ones.

this is how the so called experience was taken and search, trials, testing etc.done in china. As I said, I didn't and won't deny the involvment of Russian Space tech in chinese programs, but I don't think those front runner as russian,european and amercian would help you sincerely and freely to any breakthrough. you have to denpend on yourself to overcome every single difficulty...as an person from the same developing country as well, i thought you would know this quite well and share the same feelings...the imported Viking engine leading to the PSLV sucess and supended CSO transaction to the miserable GSLV Mk1,2 projects.

pmaitra

you are ignoring the following facts:

1. Chinese orbital launch became more and more active and china ranked 3rd almost every year on the annual orbital Launches list since year 2000; in 2010, Russia had 31 shots, USA and China both had 15 shots.
2. China has the the 3rd largest number of satellites in orbit which is more than 80 now, USA has around 450 and Russia 90
3. every year,China launchs quite a few(2-4) satellites for Science & Technology purpose (larger SJ serial,FSW serial and other smaller satellites) besids the communication,remote sense and navigation ones.

this is how the so called experience was taken and search, trials, testing etc.done in china. As I said, I didn't and won't deny the involvment of Russian Space tech in chinese programs, but I don't think those front runner as russian,european and amercian would help you sincerely and freely to any breakthrough. you have to denpend on yourself to overcome every single difficulty...as an person from the same developing country as well, i thought you would know this quite well and share the same feelings...the imported Viking engine leading to the PSLV sucess and supended CSO transaction to the miserable GSLV Mk1,2 projects.
Although I did not verify your information, I do believe they are correct to the best of your knowledge. All I am saying is that the Chinese Spacecraft looks very much like the Soyuz and the proposed Chinese Space Station looks very much like the Mir. I hope you won't deny that. As an Indian, I will not deny that we tried to acquire, albeit unsuccessfully, the Cryogenic technology from Russia.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let it be a fair caution to all astronauts.

It is a Made in China product!

shiphone

Country flag
Although I did not verify your information, I do believe they are correct to the best of your knowledge. .
you and other Indian friends are most welcomed to verify these, it's easy to do with the help of Google or Yahoo coz there are loads of information on internet, and it will help us get to know the fact better ...I'm trying my best to get the fact correct before make any comment...

technically speaking,The Tiangong1 is not the chinese space station actually.. it's just a Space target craft for space docking test, 3 spacecraft will try to dock with it within 2 years. it's the route to the space station that one must take. the formal space station will be formed in 2020. and it was said Tiangong will convert to the cargo craft.

----------------

something OT here, I would like to list some other facts about the chinese Moon mission here. coz I found some member here know little about it and made some simple conclusion before know it last night>, and I'm sure Chandrayaan-1 was well known here.

china moon mission
Chandrayaan-1

the first probe: Chang'e 1 launched on 2007-10-24, planed life: 1 year: real life: 1 year, 4 months, 4 days, 22 hours and 7 minutes wiki chang'e 1

almost one year later ,Chandrayaan-1 was launched on Oct 22 2008.

the second: Launch date 2010-10-01, planed life:6 months, real life: 10 month by now and On 8 June 2011, Chang'e-2 completed its extended mission, and entered its next mission. The probe left lunar orbit for the L2 Lagrangian point, to test the Chinese tracking and control network wiki chang'e 2

2.China publishes its first full map of the moon surface in Beijing, China, Nov. 12, 2008, about a year after its first lunar probe -- Chang'e-1 -- was launched. source

four days ago, Chandrayaan-1 just entered the orbits around the Moon on Nov 8 2008. on 29 August 2009 communication with the Chandrayaan-1 was suddenly lost. the life time was 312 days instead of intented 2 years...it was said 95% of mission was done.

3. 6 of the total 11 payloads were from the other foreign space angency inluding M3, the Moon Mineralogy Mapper from Brown University and JPL (funded by NASA) which find the evidence of water. and this result was announced by american scientists.

here's the answers to Mr.LETHALFORCE 'questions raised at 08:37 PM last night: who got to moon first ?who sent the first full moon map? and who found the water? if you want to compare indian and chinese moon missions.

Last edited:

pmaitra

you and other Indian friends are most welcomed to verify these, it's easy to do with the help of Google or Yahoo coz there are loads of information on internet, and it will help us get to know the fact better ...I'm trying my best to get the fact correct before make any comment...
Of course we can verify, but the burden of references is on the poster, not the reader. This is the decorum.

technically speaking,The Tiangong1 is not the chinese space station actually.. it's just a Space target craft for space docking test, 3 spacecraft will try to dock with it within 2 years. it's the route to the space station that one must take. the formal space station will be formed in 2020. and it was said Tiangong will convert to the cargo craft.
And that cargo craft is the reincarnation of the Soviet Progress cargo craft.

Illusive

Country flag
Shouldn't China instead of making their own space station, contribute to the development of ISS or expand it. Space is a frontier where we should work together(the leading space agencies), share our knowledge and research.

pandarunner

Shouldn't China instead of making their own space station, contribute to the development of ISS or expand it. Space is a frontier where we should work together(the leading space agencies), share our knowledge and research.
China was rejected by USA on the ISS because of the technology embargo, so China launched its own space project.

Last edited:

BackToEast

Country flag
You should talk and talk and talk to together, then your space station will be in ...

shiphone

Country flag
China's first space lab module Tiangong-1 blasts off

English.news.cn 2011-09-29 21:20:53

JIUQUAN, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) -- China's first space lab module Tiangong-1 blasted off at 9:16 p.m. Beijing Time (1316 GMT) Thursday from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest desert area.

The unmanned module, carried by Long March-2FT1 rocket, will test space docking with a spacecraft later this year, paving the way for China to become the third country in the world to operate a permanent space station around 2020.

The Tiangong-1 will orbit the Earth for about one month to await Shenzhou-8 unmanned spacecraft. Once the two vehicles successfully rendezvous, they will conduct the first space docking at a height of 340 kilometers above Earth surface.

After two docking tests, Tiangong-1 will await Shenzhou-9 and Shenzhou-10 in the next two years, according to a plan of China's manned space program.

China's first space lab module Tiangong-1 blasts off

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
i am positive that china is weaponizing space..... so it is high time we develop satellite killer missiles .....

shiphone

Country flag
Of course we can verify, but the burden of references is on the poster, not the reader. This is the decorum.

And that cargo craft is the reincarnation of the Soviet Progress cargo craft.
Space Cargo

The Progress M

the comparation between The Progress and Chinese Cargo Spacecraft ,The Soyuz and Shenzhou

-------------------------------------------

now show us your 'decorum' please.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Space Cargo

The Progress M

the comparation between The Progress and Chinese Cargo Spacecraft ,The Soyuz and Shenzhou

-------------------------------------------

now show us your 'decorum' please.
Check post #4, and the picture below. Note, this is a real picture, not a 3D rendered image. Hope that answers your comment:

China to launch its first space station, weighing 8.5 tons

China's 1st Space Station Tiangong-1 Prepares For Launch

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles