China: The world's cleverest country?

Geoffrey R. Stone

I wish to reply but I wont because I will get nasty in telling you things you may not want to hear. Please stop being so patronising.
It's not being patronizing to call someone out on their racism and hypocrisy. In fact, Armand2REP did a great job of showing how much of it there is here. It's not just the racism either. It's a complete ignorance or, at the very least, denial of what constitutes racism. If it's not racist to generalize an entire ethnic group as "brain dead", then you guys are living in the twilight zone.

rac·ism"‚ "‚[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Last edited:

Geoffrey R. Stone

Please direct your attention to Exhibit A.

China was never an "advanced society", it merely aped other cultures since it's long history. India first now west. Guess it's in the genes.

Monkey see, monkey do.
Monkey see, monkey do. Not a far cry from what racist Americans/Europeans would historically say or think about Africans.

noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

Last edited:

Tolaha

Chinese are certainly not the cleverest. Various IQ studies have confirmed that chinese average 100 in IQ which is generally on par with western european countries, but lower than korean or japanese averages which are around 105. But indians average 80 (established factum through numerous studies), clearly among the world's least intelligent people, only pure negros fare even worse (70 or less). According experts an average IQ of 90 is needed to industrialize the nation.

In a way the future of india is written in the genes, there is nothing man (congress, BJP, Allah, Jesus or the hindu gods) can do about it.

To this day there are only 2 kinds of countries that have managed to develope an advanced societies: majority caucasian based or majority east-asian based. Caucasians and east asians share one important trait: they are all pale-skinned people evolved in harsh climates of the ice ages.
China was never an "advanced society", it merely aped other cultures since it's long history. India first now west. Guess it's in the genes.

Monkey see, monkey do.
Please direct your attention to Exhibit A.

Monkey see, monkey do. Not a far cry from what racist Americans/Europeans would historically say or think about Africans.

noun

Wow... You saw Dovah's post but not the post to which he responded to! Please do direct some of your moral science and grammar classes to your fellow countrymen!

Geoffrey R. Stone

I don't know how you were raised and educated, but I was never taught that racism is the appropriate response to racism. On the contrary, I was raised and educated to believe that doing so was precisely the worst kind of reaction to have. It only feeds the fire.

In fact, I'll have you know that I've been bombarded with, even personally targeted, by this forum's racism since the first day I started posting and lurking here. It's really not even subtle at all. It's right there, out in the open for everyone to see.

Last edited:

Geoffrey R. Stone

Oh yes. I totally forgot. You must believe that racism is the correct way to respond to racism. I'm sure that doesn't feed the fire and propagate the behavior at all.

Also, it's nice of you to clarify that the saying doesn't have racist origins. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that it's racist to apply it to an entire ethnic group.

If you really want to stamp out this problem of racism, you can start by dealing with people as individuals instead of classifying entire ethnic groups as having trait A, trait B, or trait C.

Last edited:

panduranghari

It's not being patronizing to call someone out on their racism and hypocrisy. In fact, Armand2REP did a great job of showing how much of it there is here. It's not just the racism either. It's a complete ignorance or, at the very least, denial of what constitutes racism. If it's not racist to generalize an entire ethnic group as "brain dead", then you guys are living in the twilight zone.

noun
Indians deny not being racist. Its the rest of the world who claim they are not which is bull shit.

cw2005

It is sad to see what a LITTLE white man's saying causing so much racist exchange between people of two BIG countries. If the PISA result was not officially announced, why care?

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Oh yes. I totally forget. You must believe that racism is the correct way to respond to racism. I'm sure that doesn't feed the fire and propagate even more racism at all.
My post was hardly racist, but staying quiet over racism(specially from your own countrymen) would be equivalent to condoning it.

Tolaha

I don't know how you were raised and educated, but I was never taught that racism is the appropriate response to racism. On the contrary, I was raised and educated to believe that doing so was precisely the worst kind of reaction to have. It only feeds the fire.
While you were being raised and educated, one very important lesson was missed out and that was to get rid of your "narrow vision" syndrome!

In fact, I'll have you know that I've been bombarded with, even personally targeted, by this forum's racism since the first day I started posting and lurking here. It's really not even subtle at all. It's right there, out in the open for everyone to see.
Have you really looked at the post that Dovah was reponding to or for that matter, how some of the Chinese members post here without any provocation? Or maybe they just dont register in your mind!

Those Chinese folks who post shit about non-Chinese are racists, no doubt. But the ones who come out in support of those Chinese along with an additional claim that they are superior beings who were raised and educated properly, are in my opinion, far far worse!

Last edited:

panduranghari

Self righteous Chinese is the one of the worst person to teach the value of free speech, egalitarianism and equality.

panduranghari

It is sad to see what a LITTLE white man's saying causing so much racist exchange between people of two BIG countries. If the PISA result was not officially announced, why care?
He is a little yellow man.

Geoffrey R. Stone

Indians deny not being racist. Its the rest of the world who claim they are not which is bull shit.
I don't know where you get off thinking that this is better. Overt and accepted racism is a hell of a lot different from at least attempting to resist the tendency.

The funniest part is that I don't even need to say very much. A number of you are unwittingly proving my point for me, by essentially attempting to justify racism as a valid response to racism.

It's not like you can even try to justify racism in response to racism as an attempt to fulfill some grander goal. There's not even an ends serves the means type of rationale there. It's just an emotionally charged response in the face of indignation. Just more fuel for the fire.

Hatred begets hatred.

On another note, I have to point out how amusing it is to me that some of you are so stirred up about my very general observations that your first response is to personally attack me.

Last edited:

Tolaha

I don't know where you get off thinking that this is better. Overt and accepted racism is a hell of a lot different from at least attempting to resist the tendency.

The funniest part is that I don't even need to say very much. A number of you are unwittingly proving my point for me, by essentially attempting to justify racism as a valid response to racism.

It's not like you can even try to justify racism in response to racism as an attempt to fulfill some grander goal. There's not even an ends serves the means type of rationale there. It's just an emotionally charged response in the face of indignation. Just more fuel for the fire.

Hatred begets hatred.

On another note, I have to point out how amusing it is to me that some of you are so stirred up about my very general observations that your first response is to personally attack me.
Dont be so naive, you should have understood by now why folks are responding to you!

As they say, one needs to clean oneself before pointing fingers at others. So, if you are so much against racism as you claim to be, then you need to start your crusade against the racists of your ilk and then pick up the ones who respond to these racists. You have failed to do so and that is the reason why you earned no respect in this thread!

Added later: If the reason why you did not call out your countrymen as racists even though they started it is because you are scared of the CCP's 50 cent partymen, then you should stop your leasons on morality. Your silence would be understandable. You maybe living in Canada but still have connections in China that CCP can lay its hands on!

Imagine gjy2105 landing in China, tony fella meeting him just outside the airport and politely ask: "How would you like your nails stripped off, sir? And would you like some sauce on that?" :D

Last edited:

Geoffrey R. Stone

Oh yes. I understand what you're getting at here. Self-righteousness is worse than racism. If only the most moral of people were permitted to point out the racism of others, America and Europe would be far more racist of a place today than it actually is.

Has it not occurred to you that the appropriate response to some of the Chinese racists in this forum would be to simply point out how blatantly racist their commentary is? But no, instead a number of you prefer to respond to it with some racism of your own. Bravo indeed.

Last edited:

Tolaha

Oh yes. I understand what you're getting at here. Self-righteousness is worse than racism. If only the most moral of people were permitted to point out the racism of others, America and Europe would be far more racist of a place today than it actually is.
hmm.. are you of the firm belief that it is impossible to educate Chinese people and convince them against the evils of racism? I dont agree with you, if you think so!

Geoffrey R. Stone

hmm.. are you of the firm belief that it is impossible to educate Chinese people and convince them against the evils of racism? I dont agree with you, if you think so!
This is platinum grade irony at its finest. In the very same sentence, you are both condemning racism as evil while simultaneously partaking of it!

Have you not put 2 and 2 together yet? Painting entire ethnic groups in broad strokes, especially of the demeaning sort, is part and parcel of racism.

You have to start learning how to think of people as individuals before you can break your nasty habit. Having previously held notions of what certain groups of people are "supposed" to be like, whether it is good or bad characteristics, is a fundamental part of racism.

Last edited:

Tolaha

This is platinum grade irony at its finest. In the very same sentence, you are both condemning racism as evil while simultaneously partaking of it!

Have you not put 2 and 2 together yet? Painting entire ethnic groups in broad strokes, especially of the demeaning sort, is part and parcel of racism.

You have to start learning how to think of people as individuals before you can break your nasty habit. Having previously held notions of what certain groups of people are "supposed" to be like, whether it is good or bad characteristics, is a fundamental part of racism.
"Irony" and "Hypocrisy" are two words that you are better-off not using them. Unless you enjoy being a 'joke'!

And if it would matter, do tell me how my sentence brought about the effect mentioned above in bold?

are you of the firm belief that it is impossible to educate Chinese people and convince them against the evils of racism? I dont agree with you, if you think so!

Last edited:

Geoffrey R. Stone

Here's an example of the subtle, understandable, and acceptable sort of racism that is forgivable. And is the reason why I think the West is still heads and shoulders above "the rest", in a certain way, and always will be. I once had Christmas dinner with a friend of mine and his family. Their extended family has a variety of ethnic background. Colombian, Mexican, and American-Caucasian. Several of their very young children are learning Mandarin-Chinese, Spanish, and English. And are doing really quite well. I can certainly see them being fluent in all of them. Well, one of their aunts (an American-Caucasian woman), said to her young child upon us greeting each other, "Oh, honey, you can just bow". This was in response to my offer of a handshake.

On the one hand, this was a perfect example of having previously conceived notions of what members of a specific ethnic group are supposed to behave like. It made no difference to her whether I was Chinese, Korean, or Japanese. I am East Asian so it must be customary for my culture to bow upon greeting.

The reason this didn't bother me was because it was harmless, unintentional, understandable, and without malice. Rather than something to be abhorred, it was just a sign that she was has not spent much time living or working in a highly cosmopolitan locale. This is the kind of reason why it's not nearly as bad for "Western" nations to contain some traces of racism while simultaneously condemning that part of their own society. It is certainly leagues better than embracing, accepting, propagating, and feeding it.

Geoffrey R. Stone

"Irony" and "Hypocrisy" are two words that you are better-off not using them. Unless you enjoy being a 'joke'!

And if it would matter, do tell me how my sentence brought about the effect mentioned above in bold?
Simple. Your very statement of your belief was that it is impossible to educate Chinese people about the evils of racism. You are painting an entire ethnic group with your broad brush. Your belief is that it is impossible to educate Chinese people about the importance of morality. The fact that you applied that belief to an entire ethnic group, rather than to a specific individual with whom you are acquainted with, is racism.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles