China signs $35 bn deal with Pak . EDIT Najam Sethi: China signed deals worth 0.41bn$

divya

ISLAMABAD: China and Pakistan concluded nearly $15 billion worth of deals on Saturday , as Chinese premier Wen Jiabao said Beijing would "never give up" on the troubled nuclear-armed Muslim country.

Business leaders formalised paperwork — adding to the 20 billion dollars' worth of deals signed Friday — under blanket security at Islamabad's Marriott Hotel.

Boosting trade and investment with povertystricken Pakistan have been the main focus of the first visit in five years by a Chinese premier to the country that is on the front line of the US-led war on Al-Qaeda .

Pakistan regards China as its closest ally and considers the deals incredibly important to a moribund economy which was dealt a massive blow by catastrophic flooding this year and suffers from sluggish Western investment.

"We signed 18 agreements today worth close to 15 billion dollars," said Sultan Ahmad Chawla, president of Pakistan's chamber of commerce and industry. AFP

Read more: China says won't give up on Pak, signs $35 bn worth deals - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...h-deals/articleshow/7126085.cms#ixzz18WCWiTby

ejazr

Ambassador
No surprise there. China is possibly the only country that has an interests in having a hostile Pakistan to India rather than a democratic friendly Pakistan towards India. Almost all other countries like the US, EU and even Arab/GCC countries have an interest in reducing tensions and having freindly Pakistan/India relations for their own benefit.

China will continue to support a hostile-to-India regime in Pakistan as long as it can afford to do so, there is no doubt about that.

divya

No surprise there. China is possibly the only country that has an interests in having a hostile Pakistan to India rather than a democratic friendly Pakistan towards India. Almost all other countries like the US, EU and even Arab/GCC countries have an interest in reducing tensions and having freindly Pakistan/India relations for their own benefit.

China will continue to support a hostile-to-India regime in Pakistan as long as it can afford to do so, there is no doubt about that.

Well the logic is simple when they have pakistan to engage India why will they take the pain. They just need to boost them to come up to Indian level.

US powering India to counter china
China powering Pakistan to counter India.

Its just the game which is going on.

Its high time that we start considering bases in Mongolia back again

prahladh

Respected Member
Business is Business. We didn't stop any trade or business with Pak why would they. Heck, we didn't even threaten them with halting relations, trade, water etc after 26/11. We are still waiting for Kasab trail to end as per Chidambaram wikileaks.

badguy2000

Respected Member

a democratic pakistan doesn't naturally mean a pakistan friendly to India.Especially when most pakistanion voters are hostile to India, a pakistanion regime elected by voters would be even more hostile to India .

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
this is another chess move well played by china. As pakistanis questions uncle's intentions, there is not so strong bond left between usa and pakistan; china is dragging pakistan even closer by whatever means possible. if china does not support pakistan then pakistan will shift it's loyalty towards usa and will become even closer ally to usa. if that happens china will be out of the oil game in afgan and in central asia. so china keeps buttering pakistan as much as it can.

i am not worried about china, neither china threatens me in any way; Remember the Great Indian history?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China can't give up on Pakistan.

It is her oxygen to combat India.

The Chinese will fight India to the last Pakistani!

bose

Country flag
China is increasingly feeling uncomfortable with the rise of Indian economy and militarily, they did not imagine it few years back... then it was all China and China...

China understands STRENGTH and not FRIENDSHIP, India have to continue with the high economic growth as it is now for next 10 to 15 years.

China needs a bogey "Pakisthan" against India. It will satisfy their ego to some extent.

It remains to be seen HOW comfortable or uncomfortable China is with rising & assertive India in years to come. But this is for sure India will RISE and Take its rightful place in the world.

Last edited:

mech-e

China can't give up on Pakistan.

It is her oxygen to combat India.

The Chinese will fight India to the last Pakistani!
and sir what do you mean by last pakistani????, in pakistan hospitality and sincerety and trust is a long lasting value, a friend is considered a brother, become blood relations, so this pakistani hospitality and brotherly and examplary relations with countries like turkey, china and middle eastern arabs

one the other hand enemity is also considered bloody, use us or betray us, or harm us and you will never ever live in peace until you are dead, betray us once and you will end up being hated ever like USA, israel, russia and india...

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

What a joke? US wants India friendly pakistan........, is that is the reason they are the biggest donor of arms to them?

pakistan friendly to India has no meaning for it's existence.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Right know China and India tensions are not that bad, because economically and militarily China is very much a head of India. Chinas and Indias relationship however will get worse and worse in the future when India economy inches closer and closer to China's and will have to compete for resources. Nations like Pakistan will only take advantage of this tension.

Also As India gets closer to USA, China will try to get closer to India's neighbors.

I am afraid India will be on the losing side, because even Russia is an ally of China. In a sense India is very much alone.

India must be very careful with China in the future, because it is no Pakistan..

Last edited:

sandeepdg

a democratic pakistan doesn't naturally mean a pakistan friendly to India.Especially when most pakistanion voters are hostile to India, a pakistanion regime elected by voters would be even more hostile to India .
Contrary to popular belief, the common citizens in both these countries, want peaceful relations with each other, want hostilities to end, trade to begin on a full scale, and live in amity, as has been demonstrated in the numerous interactions the people of the two countries have had with each other in both India and Pakistan. But unfortunately, its the stubborn, narrow minded and suicidal belief of Pakistan's armed forces, that they have hijacked the mind of the people in making them believe, that India is responsible for all their miseries, using the media, most of which is as pathetic as their armed forces.

sandeepdg

Contrary to popular belief, the common citizens in both these countries, want peaceful relations with each other, want hostilities to end, trade to begin on a full scale, and live in amity, as has been demonstrated in the numerous interactions the people of the two countries have had with each other in both India and Pakistan. But unfortunately, its the stubborn, narrow minded and suicidal belief of Pakistan's armed forces, that they have hijacked the mind of the people in making them believe, that India is responsible for all their miseries, using the media, most of which is as pathetic as their armed forces.

Welcome

Country flag
i don't know why pakistani think it's a true love b/w pak and china. i think china help pakistan only to demoralize india. it's a chinese strategy to give every type of support to pakistan,even nuclear bomb bcoz they(chinese) know it very well USA and India is only two country who can surpass them in any sector. and pakistani think it's a blood relation, i don't know how? just imagine if pakistan placed at sri lanka, then even chinese help them just like today. your answer is NO.....

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
and sir what do you mean by last pakistani????, ...
i think you are new to defence world.its a common saying in the international defense / strategic circles that the chinese will fight india down to the last pakistani. they are only using pakistan to pin india down. they opened up a proxy nuke state against india so that pak could do the dirty work for china while it marches on economically. serves its interests right. fighting india now would prove costly for it and its economy.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The Hindi Chini summit was a political failure and if all the news coming out from china and its mouthpieces are to be considered, they are going to up the ante against India in its bid to pin it down further. India has to play the game properly using the renewed look east policy with Japan,SK,Vietnam and others against chinese ambitions and expansionist desires.

IBM

One thing is clear in this so called war on terror, pakistan is milking money from US and China. It's in pakistan interest to keep this war on terror as long as it can, so that it can modernise its millitary power atleast. Pakistan is the biggest gainer from war on terrror. China has no choice but to keep pak in his pocket to counter India and U.S. wat ever is the case it's bad for India in longer run.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
and sir what do you mean by last pakistani????, in pakistan hospitality and sincerety and trust is a long lasting value, a friend is considered a brother, become blood relations, so this pakistani hospitality and brotherly and examplary relations with countries like turkey, china and middle eastern arabs

one the other hand enemity is also considered bloody, use us or betray us, or harm us and you will never ever live in peace until you are dead, betray us once and you will end up being hated ever like USA, israel, russia and india...
I think you missed totally, what he is trying to say.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You are right.

In Pakistan everyone claims to be a Syed including Musharraf (Read his book).

You all are of Arab stock, right and not mere convertees of you know what stock?

Following the Arab saying - "I against my brother; my brother and I against my cousin; I, my brother, and my cousin against the stranger"?

use us or betray us, or harm us and you will never ever live in peace until you are dead
Usual hot air.

Remember the old saying - One Pakistani = 10 Indians (or Hindus)?

1971?

Remember?

China will fight India to the last Pakistani is not my thought. It is of a Chinese Colonel. Visit World Affairs Board and ask him! He is known there as OOE. In short, he says China will fight India through Pakistan and at the same time, keep her hands clean.

pakistan hospitality and sincerety and trust is a long lasting value, a friend is considered a brother, become blood relations, so this pakistani hospitality
Another self delusion.

Ask your cricket team. All brothers with great hospitality from the Pak Cricket Board and sold to the highest bidder.

How come that while you all claim that the US has repeatedly let you down, you are still out with the begging bowl?

Please be rational and stick to reality and not delusions!

As far as your hating India, what's new?

Check your history book.

And also check the report by Pervez Hoodbhoy to show the distortion of history to make it an exercise to indoctrinate Pakistanis to hate India. Also check the youtube interview with Najma Sethi on this very forum!

So, give us a break and less of bogus hot air!

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Au contraire, For as the history of the last 60 odd yrs shall show you it is only when Pakistan has been ruled by military rulers that India and Pakistan have gone to war, the two exceptions being the Kashmir conflict in 1947 and kargil in the former the aggression was instigated by the Pakistani army against the princely state of Kashmir(Kashmir formally became a part of India after the Invasion had already started) while in the latter Mr Sharif's government was in power in name only the real power was already with Gen Musharraf.

In effect the state of Pakistan has gone to war with the consensus of It's parliament only twice
1948- Jinnah had no Idea of the invasion until it was too late(eeriley similar to what mushy did to sharif)
Fatima Jinnah confirms this as well. Sorraya Khurshid, the wife of K H Khurshid and sister to Khalid Hasan, writes in her book Memories of Fatima Jinnah on page 87 that Fatima Jinnah told her that Jinnah had no clue about the tribal invasion. She is quoted as saying, "In fact, he did not know anything about it [Kashmir attack by tribals] at all and was very sorry that a thoughtless step had been taken in such a crude and unorganised manner."

George Cunningham also seconds the view that Jinnah was unaware of the tribal invasion till very late. He is quoted in the book Sir George Cunningham: A Memoir (Blackwood, 1968), on page 140 as saying: "On October 25, Colonel Iskandar Mirza arrived from Lahore. He told me all the underground history of the present campaign against Kashmir, and brought apologies from Liaquat Ali for not letting me know anything about it sooner. Liaquat had meant to come here last week and tell me about it personally but was prevented by his illness"¦Apparently Jinnah himself first heard of what was going on about 15 days ago, but said, 'Don't tell me anything about it. My conscience must be clear'"¦It was decided apparently about a month ago that the Poonchis should revolt and should be helped. Abdul Qayyum was in it from the beginning."
http://criticalppp.com/archives/7589

1965-Field marshal Ayub khan led Pakistan

1971-General Yahya khan led Pakistan

1999- Kargil-Nawaz Sharif had little choice he was already Musharraf's pawn.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles