China second only to US in research

qilaotou

How nice of you, thank you.People listen what they want to hear...
Due to cultural or maybe even political considerations China fears more being called as potential superpower than having a potential war with all mighty US. Chinese want to be rich and strong but we are not interested in any kind of leadership or role of policemanship.

I think Russia is recovering and more suitable to be a superpower again. India could develop to that direction if she believes in herself. China is content to be a strong nation only.

ppgj

India could develop to that direction if she believes in herself. China is content to be a strong nation only.
agree with you. both india and china need to look at security, agriculture, health, pollution, hunger, water issues etc and use their R&D in ameliorating the problems that dog their respective populations. no point in racing to become some big power. we need to be strong but also healthy.

jakojako777

Due to cultural or maybe even political considerations China fears more being called as potential superpower than having a potential war with all mighty US. Chinese want to be rich and strong but we are not interested in any kind of leadership or role of policemanship.

I think Russia is recovering and more suitable to be a superpower again. India could develop to that direction if she believes in herself. China is content to be a strong nation only.

I think Russia is recovering and more suitable to be a superpower again. India could develop to that direction if she believes in herself. China is content to be a strong nation only

How flattering! Except that I am not Russian so I'll resist temptation...
Like it or not China is bound to become Super Power and India also might reach that after China by simple analysis of the facts.(there is always"IF"...) Population, growth etc...
Russia (if reunited again) with Ukraine and Belarus might become VERY important and powerful but yet geopolitics is not armament but population also.
That is where China and India go in...
Also let as not forget economic Super Power - European Union - which if united in confederation might become true Super Power and true new Master(instead of USA) of the planet denying part of the influence to China, Russia and India...just like USA always did...

jakojako777

agree with you. both india and china need to look at security, agriculture, health, pollution, hunger, water issues etc and use their R&D in ameliorating the problems that dog their respective populations. no point in racing to become some big power. we need to be strong but also healthy.

If I may...... the most important ( for India and China ) of those you've mentioned will become WATER.
So important that - water will link and include in itself all others elements you've mentioned including "security".

ppgj

If I may...... the most important ( for India and China ) of those you've mentioned will become WATER.
So important that - water will link and include in itself all others elements you've mentioned including "security".
right. what i meant is we should not get into a mad race of being big powers. at the same time we need to be strong enough to deter and defend any threat.
i am aware of your point in capitals.:wink:

jakojako777

right. what i meant is we should not get into a mad race of being big powers. at the same time we need to be strong enough to deter and defend any threat.
i am aware of your point in capitals.:wink:
If you meant that it is more important to stay well balanced country - with stable economy and healthy growth and minimum social stability guaranteed as priority to any arms race or similar I agree with you.
The proof is exactly USA who are rapidly loosing that balance and putting in danger their countries future be cause of it.

"i am aware of your point in capitals"

thank you I appreciate.......:thank_you2:

ppgj

If you meant that it is more important to stay well balanced country - with stable economy and healthy growth and minimum social stability guaranteed as priority to any arms race or similar I agree with you.

"i am aware of your point in capitals"

thank you I appreciate.......:thank_you2:
yes my yugoslav friend. that is what i meant.:cool:

P.S- i know you love to use smilies!!

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
[mod]No more off-topic posts from here on. Get back to the topic 'China Second only to US in Research'[/mod]

smiling_scorpion

Global Innovation Index rankings (2009) for your perusal.

Rank ↓ Country ↓ Overall ↓ Innovation Inputs ↓ Innovation Performance ↓
1 South Korea 2.26 1.75 2.55
2 United States 1.80 1.28 2.16
3 Japan 1.79 1.16 2.25
4 Sweden 1.64 1.25 1.88
5 Netherlands 1.55 1.40 1.55
6 Canada 1.42 1.39 1.32
7 United Kingdom 1.42 1.33 1.37
8 Germany 1.12 1.05 1.09
9 France 1.12 1.17 0.96
10 Australia 1.02 0.89 1.05
11 Spain 0.93 0.83 0.95
12 Belgium 0.86 0.85 0.79
13 China 0.73 0.07 1.32
14 Italy 0.21 0.16 0.24
15 India 0.06 0.14 -0.02
16 Russia -0.09 -0.02 -0.16
17 Mexico -0.16 0.11 -0.42
18 Turkey -0.21 0.15 -0.55
19 Indonesia -0.57 -0.63 -0.46
20 Brazil -0.59 -0.62 -0.51

Global_Innovation_Index
S-KOREA? higher than US?God bless me

Vladimir79

Professional
here is a chinese research video and the huge money spend is on brain washing some of its own citizens

YouTube - Made in China: Russian military hardware copied abroad?
Yeah, I laughed when I saw the pictures coming out of Wuhan. They plan on copying Varyag metre by metre. What is really going to be funny is watching for them to copy a failed design without any of the actual systems installed for them to copy. Every last fitting and fixture of Varyag was stripped before it was sent for scrapping. The R&D cost to reverse engineer this will be several billion USD and what they come up with will be less capable than the actual design.

royalharris

russians, pls wake up, stop sleeping in the past dream of ussr. Now , you are nothing but day-dreamers.
your economy is based on raw material, but sadly you can not control the price.
your mlitary budget can't even maintain your army regular supplyment and pratice. your arsne live a poor life depending on export your weapon to china. but sadly with the development of chinnese military industry, chinese think your weapony is inferior, so stop import from you. you ask china to co-R&D the next generation aircraft fighter, sadly again, chinese rejected and R&D by herself.

by the end, you tend to sadly india which country fooled by you again and again with the weapony deal, especial the aircraft carrier.

hahaha!!

jakojako777

russians, pls wake up, stop sleeping in the past dream of ussr. Now , you are nothing but day-dreamers.
your mlitary budget can't even maintain your army regular supplyment and pratice. your arsne live a poor life depending on export your weapon to china. but sadly with the development of chinnese military industry, chinese think your weapony is inferior, so stop import from you. you ask china to co-R&D the next generation aircraft fighter, sadly again, chinese rejected and R&D by herself.

by the end, you tend to sadly india which country fooled by you again and again with the weapony deal, especial the aircraft carrier.

hahaha!!
I'm not Russian but I couldn't resist to answer your pathetic comment!
Are you sure that you are not Yankee?! Be cause you sound like one, except for your BAD English?!

1.)Raw materials - basically everybody knows that Russia shouldn't be depending on oil&gas and other raw materials and military exports only.
Russia is becoming every day more important on atomic energy market (working in China also TEACHING your atomic energy "experts" how to do their job) Russia has started to invest in nanotechnology and have signed some cooperation with Germany on that also building 90nm microchip factory etc. just to mention some! True Russia can not compare her industry with Chinese but it was STUPID comment to underestimate Russia be cause of that!
Russia is working on diversification but it is LONG process and it will take TIME specially be cause of brain drain where TRUE experts(not like Chinese reverse engineering copy "experts") are going to the West for better salaries.(Not case in China be cause you are not democracy)

2.) Chines may "think" that they are superior to Russia in weapons yet the FACT is that EVERYTHING you have today is Soviet or Russian upgraded or simply copied (example J-11) weapons. What is not Russian origin or stolen from the West is 100%Chinese and there is NOT much of it for the moment.....
So I fail to see how come you are so superior?!?

3.)China just like India wants to build their own planes & other stuff and those efforts are worthy respect but that is sure NOT reason to boast like that
and imagine already that you are "better" than Russia
So "chinese think your weapony is inferior" but still NOBODY else (still) doesn't think that!
Try at least to build 4th gen. plane (without copying) and with all truly Chinese parts inside and Chinese turbo fan engines -
So that great "Super Power" China can only than perhaps start to talk how advanced you are!
For the moment it is not the case!

royalharris

I'm not Russian but I couldn't resist to answer your pathetic comment!
Are you sure that you are not Yankee?! Be cause you sound like one, except for your BAD English?!

1.)Raw materials - basically everybody knows that Russia shouldn't be depending on oil&gas and other raw materials and military exports only.
Russia is becoming every day more important on atomic energy market (working in China also TEACHING your atomic energy "experts" how to do their job) Russia has started to invest in nanotechnology and have signed some cooperation with Germany on that also building 90nm microchip factory etc. just to mention some! True Russia can not compare her industry with Chinese but it was STUPID comment to underestimate Russia be cause of that!
Russia is working on diversification but it is LONG process and it will take TIME specially be cause of brain drain where TRUE experts(not like Chinese reverse engineering copy "experts") are going to the West for better salaries.(Not case in China be cause you are not democracy)

2.) Chines may "think" that they are superior to Russia in weapons yet the FACT is that EVERYTHING you have today is Soviet or Russian upgraded or simply copied (example J-11) weapons. What is not Russian origin or stolen from the West is 100%Chinese and there is NOT much of it for the moment.....
So I fail to see how come you are so superior?!?

3.)China just like India wants to build their own planes & other stuff and those efforts are worthy respect but that is sure NOT reason to boast like that
and imagine already that you are "better" than Russia
So "chinese think your weapony is inferior" but still NOBODY else (still) doesn't think that!
Try at least to build 4th gen. plane (without copying) and with all truly Chinese parts inside and Chinese turbo fan engines -
So that great "Super Power" China can only than perhaps start to talk how advanced you are!
For the moment it is not the case!

I regret wasting my time to write such a article to wake up some daydreamers.
You can still think chinese R&D is weak .To be honest,we don't care however you underestimate china because china still be china and there will be no change by whatever your propaganda.

china has a large industry volume,maybe it is not advanced like usa and japan or germany. But, don't forget 60 years ago,china can't make a gun even by copy,at the same time T34 is famous worldwide.

Now the truth is china will be 2nd largest economic community by this year with NO.1 largest industry export. we live on our industry, we import iron ore、oil、gas etc, we export shoes、clothes、vessel、telecommunication equip、train、electronics etc.

yet, some powerful country keep their power mainly by export their raw material.

even if china and russia are not good friend, i don't think they are enemy.
every chinese know although russian weapony technology is inferior than usa but superior than china.recently years, with the fact of less and less weapony imported by china,at the same time more and more imported by india. some russians start to laught at china to counteract their pathetic reminiscence.

you can keep on export your weapony to india, we don't care. but stop your silly propaganda.

as for copy, copy is the main style of world civilization broadcast.we can say usa copy from uk while many other country copy from usa.
if you deny,ok, pls stop using phone, stop using car, i don't think your people invent it.chinest invent gunpowder, can we just ask somebody esle stop using it?no, we can't. copy also need you have the ability to copy it, even if give you a A380, can you copy it, i don't think so.

:dfi-1:

Vladimir79

Professional
Who dreams of USSR? Nobody but geriatric communists want those days to return where we have no freedom. The last thing we would want is to live like Chinese.

30% of it, so where is the other 70%? Heavy machine, nuklear power, defence armaments, chemical, telecoms, IT, agriculture, husbandry, civil aviation, nanotech..ect. I don't call that based but supplemental. Those raw materials are also being converted into refined and finished products here in the RF like titanium, steel, timber, uranium, petrol, LNG, so saying it is raw is an exageration. What Russia needs to do is get away from state controlled industry and let small business thrive, that is our biggest weakness.

your mlitary budget can't even maintain your army regular supplyment and pratice.
Is that why we conduct regular regional exercises from the district to the platoon level?

your arsne live a poor life depending on export your weapon to china.
Chinese military exports are a thing of the past, Venezuela is more important.

but sadly with the development of chinnese military industry, chinese think your weapony is inferior, so stop import from you.
If China thought it was so inferior, why do they persist on copying obsolete Russian weapons? :sarcastic:

you ask china to co-R&D the next generation aircraft fighter, sadly again, chinese rejected and R&D by herself.
We never approached China to cooperate on PAK FA. China has nothing to offer.

India is only part of our export regime. Latin Amerika, North Afrika, the ME, and South East Asia are the new frontiers. We are even selling to NATO.

Your ignorance is bliss I presume. :sarcastic:

jakojako777

I regret wasting my time to write such a article to wake up some daydreamers.
You can still think chinese R&D is weak .To be honest,we don't care however you underestimate china because china still be china and there will be no change by whatever your propaganda.

china has a large industry volume,maybe it is not advanced like usa and japan or germany. But, don't forget 60 years ago,china can't make a gun even by copy,at the same time T34 is famous worldwide.

Now the truth is china will be 2nd largest economic community by this year with NO.1 largest industry export. we live on our industry, we import iron ore、oil、gas etc, we export shoes、clothes、vessel、telecommunication equip、train、electronics etc.

yet, some powerful country keep their power mainly by export their raw material.

even if china and russia are not good friend, i don't think they are enemy.
every chinese know although russian weapony technology is inferior than usa but superior than china.recently years, with the fact of less and less weapony imported by china,at the same time more and more imported by india. some russians start to laught at china to counteract their pathetic reminiscence.

you can keep on export your weapony to india, we don't care. but stop your silly propaganda.

as for copy, copy is the main style of world civilization broadcast.we can say usa copy from uk while many other country copy from usa.
if you deny,ok, pls stop using phone, stop using car, i don't think your people invent it.chinest invent gunpowder, can we just ask somebody esle stop using it?no, we can't. copy also need you have the ability to copy it, even if give you a A380, can you copy it, i don't think so.

:dfi-1:

If you read again what I wrote - I have said that Russia can NOT compare her industry with China!

But it was you that EXAGGERATED first by saying
"chinese think your weapony is inferior"

So that is why I reacted be cause I don't find that correct!

Despite HUGE Chinese progress there are still some fields where Russia has advance comparing with China - military planes is important example!

Russia is in 5th generation plane while you still don't have completely Chinese plane and engine of 4th generation!

In that case despite all statistics you offer , you can NOT pretend that China has military know how higher to Russian.

As for your argument
"pls stop using phone, stop using car"
and such I find it silly. There is clear difference between copy of technology and new improved technology of older inventions.

I am not against making (legal) copies even that represents know how.

But that know how is not as important as inventing new technology which is much higher level of know how!

Also , wanting to export (J-11) as your own design,
(just be cause you have made copy of SU-30 ) without Russian license is not nice thing to do to the "allay".

take care:sporty55:

royalharris

"chinese think your weapony is inferior"
"every chinese know although russian weapony technology is inferior than usa but superior than china."
i don't think there is anyting wrong with my two words and there is anything underestimated with your weapony technology. I can't say your weapony is superior because of the existing of usa.

according to our naming habit, we would rather use the name J10、J10A、J10B or even J10C than like some other coutry use the name su27、su30、su33、su35 which basiclly devoped from su27.

as for J11, i am sure it can't be exported without license. but how about J11B, i don't know. may we should learn from you, name it j12 just look like a plane.

To be honest, for military airplane, we are focus on our NG project and J10 upgrading.it seems there is no attention with J11.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
China second only to US in research-Thomson Reuters | Markets | Markets News | Reuters
The United States is the biggest international collaborator with China, with 39,000 Chinese papers suggesting collaboration with U.S. researchers, or 8.9 percent of China's total. Japanese collaborations came next with 3 percent.
Koji, though its off-topic, I just have one question for you.

Since you use a Japanese flag on your account, and try to make people believe that you are Japanese, I have never seen you post anything important relating to Japan, but only things that glorify China. I haven't seen you post a thread saying something like Japan makes the best electronics in the world.

The average Japanese looks down upon the Chinese and the Chinese hate the Japanese. How long do you wish to continue this facade?

End of rant.

jakojako777

Koji, though its off-topic, I just have one question for you.

Since you use a Japanese flag on your account, and try to make people believe that you are Japanese, I have never seen you post anything important relating to Japan, but only things that glorify China. I haven't seen you post a thread saying something like Japan makes the best electronics in the world.

The average Japanese looks down upon the Chinese and the Chinese hate the Japanese. How long do you wish to continue this facade?

End of rant.

Maybe he has split personality or he is like that character "Dr.Chinese and Mr Hide"?!:sporty55:
Or he is just woman imprisoned in the body of man or or some other "trans nation", "trans gender" or simply "trans confused" character?:viannen_10:

For his defense I can say that I also sometime have trouble to see difference
between Chinese and Japanese !:viannen_51:

I'm only sure for Jackie Chan that he is Chinese for others.... I have doubt :viannen_51:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles