China says will stamp out Dalai Lama's voice in Tibet

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China says will stamp out Dalai Lama's voice in Tibet

BEIJING: China aims to stamp out the voice of exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama in his restive and remote homeland by ensuring that his "propaganda" is not received by anyone on the internet, television or other means, a top official said.

China has tried, with varying degrees of success, to prevent Tibetans listening to or watching programmes broadcast from outside the country, or accessing any information about the Dalai Lama and the exiled government on the internet.

But many Tibetans are still able to access such news, either via illegal satellite televisions or by skirting Chinese internet restrictions. The Dalai Lama's picture and his teachings are also smuggled into Tibet, at great personal risk.

Writing in the ruling Communist Party's influential journal Qiushi, the latest issue of which was received by subscribers on Saturday, Tibet's party chief Chen Quanguo said that the government would ensure only its voice is heard.

"Strike hard against the reactionary propaganda of the splittists from entering Tibet," Chen wrote in the magazine, whose name means "seeking truth".

The government will achieve this by confiscating illegal satellite dishes, increasing monitoring of online content and making sure all telephone and internet users are registered using their real names, he added.

"Work hard to ensure that the voice and image of the party is heard and seen over the vast expanses (of Tibet) ... and that the voice and image of the enemy forces and the Dalai clique are neither seen nor heard," Chen wrote.

China calls the Nobel peace prize-winning Dalai Lama a "wolf in sheep's clothing" who seeks to use violent methods to establish an independent Tibet.

The Dalai Lama, who fled to India after a failed uprising in 1959, says he simply wants genuine autonomy for Tibet, and denies espousing violence.

Chen said the party would seek to expose the Dalai Lama's "hypocrisy and deception" and his "reactionary plots".

China has long defended its iron-fisted rule in Tibet, saying the region suffered from dire poverty, brutal exploitation and economic stagnation until 1950, when Communist troops "peacefully liberated" Tibet.

Tensions in China's Tibetan regions are at their highest in years after a spate of self-immolation protests by Tibetans, which have led to an intensified security crackdown.

China says will stamp out Dalai Lama's voice in Tibet - The Times of India

The Chinese have tried all the tricks in the book, but the voice of the Dalai Lama, still seems to reach the Tibetans.

It is at a great risk, but it reaches, notwithstanding what is written in the ruling Communist Party's influential journal Qiushi or what is said by the Tibet's party chief Chen Quanguo that the government would ensure only its voice is heard.

It does indicate that dissent is not tolerated and if it is only the Govt voice that reaches, it means that it is indoctrinating the people to only believe that what the Govt states.

Or exhortation of Tibet's party chief Chen Quanguo stating "Work hard to ensure that the voice and image of the party is heard and seen over the vast expanses (of Tibet) ... and that the voice and image of the enemy forces and the Dalai clique are neither seen nor heard,"

And the Chinese wonder why we say that they are indoctrinated or robots.

If one is only allowed one view on an issue, what else is it?

Now the Chinese have had till 1950 to do it, and yet Chen said the party would seek to expose the Dalai Lama's "hypocrisy and deception" and his "reactionary plots".

It sure shows that the Chinese are making no headway even after such a long time in exposing the Dalai Lama's "hypocrisy and deception" and his "reactionary plots".

In other words, there are is no 'hypocrisy and deception' and 'reactionary plots' of the Dalai Lama, but it is sheer frustration of having failed royally to subjugate the people is what is causing such hollow reactions.

Last edited:

bennedose

Or exhortation of Tibet's party chief Chen Quanguo stating "Work hard to ensure that the voice and image of the party is heard and seen over the vast expanses (of Tibet) ... and that the voice and image of the enemy forces and the Dalai clique are neither seen nor heard,"
LOL!

I am tickled pink to read such language in 2013. This was the normal language that appeared from China in the 1960s. China was inside the "Bamboo curtain" and all Chinese spokespeople wore closed collar Mao coats.

Now, after all these decades, Chinese seem to appear in western suits and have built concrete and glass jungles. But still, at the core - its the same old Mao and the tinpot politburo.

Amazing.

ice berg

LOL!

I am tickled pink to read such language in 2013. This was the normal language that appeared from China in the 1960s. China was inside the "Bamboo curtain" and all Chinese spokespeople wore closed collar Mao coats.

Now, after all these decades, Chinese seem to appear in western suits and have built concrete and glass jungles. But still, at the core - its the same old Mao and the tinpot politburo.

Amazing.
Muhahahhahhaha,. Shows how little you know about China.

Mao would turning in his grave if he knows what China looks like today.

I assume you have never heard of Deng and the following economic reforms?

Old Mao? muahhahahhaah

Kid, keep entertain me with your ignorance please.

Compersion

Country flag
What would be the legacy if the Dalai Lama were to pass away today. the communist party will be known for what.

At this moment they can speak to the khmer roguge leaders like pol pot and pakis (wolves and murderers) yet not to a peace loving man dressed in simple clothes (who is not a a wolf in monk's robes). Is that a good legacy ...

The Communist Party knows the legacy at this moment is that they will be portrayed in bad light with its policy in Tibet and Tibet people that will become perpetual and everlasting if they dont handle it well. Chinese are pragmatic people. That is why they attempted to talk to Dalai Lama.

The Dalai Lama is not growing younger and the legacy is nearing maturity.

bennedose

Muhahahhahhaha,. Shows how little you know about China.

Mao would turning in his grave if he knows what China looks like today.

I assume you have never heard of Deng and the following economic reforms?

Old Mao? muahhahahhaah

Deng or no deng. it is the same commie language. It really is funny - I can almost hear a lady Chinese announcer on TV or radio saying:
"Work hard to ensure that the voice and image of the party is heard and seen over the vast expanses ... and that the voice and image of the enemy forces and the Dalai clique are neither seen nor heard,"
"Voice and image of the party" :rofl: LOl The tinpot politburo. "voice and image of the enemy forces " "Dalai clique" "splittists" Boy oh boy, Deep down its all the same. I am thrilled. These robots kowtow to the same old masters.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@iceberg,

@bennedose is a renowned surgeon.

I think he is also a plastic surgeon.

He transform many faces into desirable format.

Hardly a kid!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
. . Deng or no deng. it is the same commie language. It really is funny - I can almost hear a lady Chinese announcer on TV or radio saying:
"Work hard to ensure that the voice and image of the party is heard and seen over the vast expanses ... and that the voice and image of the enemy forces and the Dalai clique are neither seen nor heard,"
Yes, like it or not, this does sound like the ones in Mao's days.

The modern Chinese Communist do not use such childish statements these days.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@iceberg,

@bennedose is a renowned surgeon.

I think he is also a plastic surgeon.

He transform many faces into desirable format.

Hardly a kid!
As usual disrespectful Chinese make personal attacks because they have no coherent argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

ice berg

Deng or no deng. it is the same commie language. It really is funny - I can almost hear a lady Chinese announcer on TV or radio saying:

"Voice and image of the party" :rofl: LOl The tinpot politburo. "voice and image of the enemy forces " "Dalai clique" "splittists" Boy oh boy, Deep down its all the same. I am thrilled. These robots kowtow to the same old masters.
As a plastic surgeon, you of all people should know how to sell illusions. :rofl:

I guess that makes you an expert on judging those people.

It takes one to know one. :cool2:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
As a plastic surgeon, you of all people should know how to sell illusions. :rofl:

More cheap shots. Plastic surgeons do a lot of reconstruction for people maimed or disfigured. I guess your tiny brain can only think of boob jobs.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

In China, they maybe selling illusion, I would not know for sure though I believe they are doing a roaring business in reshaping eyelids and breasts, but in India they do reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns.

Historically, it has significance in India.

Reconstructive surgery techniques were being carried out in India by 800 BC. Sushruta, the father of Surgery, made important contributions to the field of plastic and cataract surgery in 6th century BC. The medical works of both Sushruta and Charak originally in Sanskrit were translated into the Arabic language during the Abbasid Caliphate in 750 AD. The Arabic translations made their way into Europe via intermediaries. In Italy the Branca family of Sicily and Gaspare Tagliacozzi (Bologna) became familiar with the techniques of Sushruta.

British physicians travelled to India to see rhinoplasties being performed by native methods. Reports on Indian rhinoplasty performed by a Kumhar Vaidya were published in the Gentleman's Magazine by 1794. Joseph Constantine Carpue spent 20 years in India studying local plastic surgery methods. Carpue was able to perform the first major surgery in the Western world by 1815. Instruments described in the Sushruta Samhita were further modified in the Western world.

Hope that helps you shed your illusion that plastic surgeons only sell illusions!

ice berg

More cheap shots. Plastic surgeons do a lot of reconstruction for people maimed or disfigured. I guess your tiny brain can only think of boob jobs.
Now that is a cheap shot from an american whoes country invented Baywatch.

Since you are so fond of boob jobs, why dont you google how many performed that in US compared to rest of the world?

ice berg

In China, they maybe selling illusion, I would not know for sure though I believe they are doing a roaring business in reshaping eyelids and breasts, but in India they do reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery, and the treatment of burns.

Historically, it has significance in India.

Reconstructive surgery techniques were being carried out in India by 800 BC. Sushruta, the father of Surgery, made important contributions to the field of plastic and cataract surgery in 6th century BC. The medical works of both Sushruta and Charak originally in Sanskrit were translated into the Arabic language during the Abbasid Caliphate in 750 AD. The Arabic translations made their way into Europe via intermediaries. In Italy the Branca family of Sicily and Gaspare Tagliacozzi (Bologna) became familiar with the techniques of Sushruta.

British physicians travelled to India to see rhinoplasties being performed by native methods. Reports on Indian rhinoplasty performed by a Kumhar Vaidya were published in the Gentleman's Magazine by 1794. Joseph Constantine Carpue spent 20 years in India studying local plastic surgery methods. Carpue was able to perform the first major surgery in the Western world by 1815. Instruments described in the Sushruta Samhita were further modified in the Western world.

Hope that helps you shed your illusion that plastic surgeons only sell illusions!
You are not the only one here who can google:
Hua Tuo was a famous Chinese physician during the Eastern Han and Three Kingdoms era. He was the first person to perform surgery with the aid of anesthesia, some 1600 years before the practice was adopted by Europeans.
Sherer, Adina; Epstein, Fred; and Constantini, Shlomi; "Hua Tuo, patron of surgeons, or how the surgeon lost his head!" Surgical Neurology, 61 5 497-498 (2004).

Now why dont you ask your DFI surgeon how much time he spend on reconstructive surgeons vs cosmetic ones?

dhananjay1

As long as Dalai Lama is alive there is a sense of some continuation of what used to be old Tibet. The day he is no more, there would be new resistance movements and they most probably won't be too nonviolent.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles