China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
He must have meant the Ferry Range! The Total Distance the Plane can cover before refueling
Thats why mentioned both the ranges including 600Km Range.....Chinese AESA does not have 600Km range, above all I have major doubt about the signal quality and reliability of the Chinese electronics!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I said that because everything about capability of china made weapons are hidden under deep secrecy . I tried a lot but couldnt find even on single reliable source about technical specification about Awac delivered to China.
Are you sure kunal? 3500 Km range? Chinese AESA having 600 Km range? Plz check again :)
It was a rough Idea ..

The Chinese AWACS seem good as Phalcon on paper, the aircraft range is lower but a good choice for a country like Pakistan ( Easy maintenance ), If u asked for accurate data, Radar is said to be better than SAAB`s, So it may not be 600 or 500 but its no less than 400..

3500km is obviously range of AN-12, Again it may be slightly less or more coz the range i given is of AN-12 not Y-8..

At the end we are guess the capability of this Chinese copy from its original & this is a best estimation i can get....

Country flag
Thats why mentioned both the ranges including 600Km Range.....Chinese AESA does not have 600Km range, above all I have major doubt about the signal quality and reliability of the Chinese electronics!!
Chinese are trying to pass themselves of as a weapon exporter ,but only broke nations like Pakistan are willing to legitamize them as a real weapons exporter.

redragon

Country flag
Chinese are trying to pass themselves of as a weapon exporter ,but only broke nations like Pakistan are willing to legitamize them as a real weapons exporter.
UAE,Turky, Egypt, Thailand and even USA are buying Chinese weapons.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
I said that because everything about capability of china made weapons are hidden under deep secrecy . I tried a lot but couldnt find even on single reliable source about technical specification about Awac delivered to China.
why aren`t Chinese industry revealing truth about its range it if they are selling to country claiming that its of international standards.

does other countries hide it 2.

and last thing we should not under-estimate our enemy what ever they are making one day they would master it so its would be better if master before them

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
in fact, UK's solders are wearing Kevlar body armor and helmet made by China both in AFH and IRAQ

redragon

Country flag
why aren`t Chinese industry revealing truth about its range it if they are selling to country claiming that its of international standards.

Yes, even USA does not claim the ability of their weapon officially, the companies which are selling might do some marketing, but only the actual buyers know what they get, especially when a lot buyers might attach their own requirements.

badguy2000

Respected Member
supported by its powerful civilian industry base,many dual-purspose civlian tech can be easily converted to military purpose.

So, sooner or later, CHina military industry will outthrow Yankees ,let alone Russia's,just as Yankee's Ford bug juice buried UK's hegemoney...let's wait and see.

badguy2000

Respected Member
non essential items not anything major
haha, I forget that even the underwears of US soilders are made in CHina...hahah

Without "made in China", Yankee's soilders would have to fight against Mujahideens nakedly! hahah

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
supported by its powerful civilian industry base,many dual-purspose civlian tech can be easily converted to military purpose.

So, sooner or later, CHina military industry will outthrow Yankees ,let alone Russia's,just as Yankee's Ford bug juice buried UK's hegemoney...let's wait and see.
Come back when it happens. Till then don't make out claims & try putting non-copied, flying engine into your fighter.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag

They are selling their inferior products such as AWACS and Junk Fighters only to Pakistan (probably pakistani brother Somalia would buy after looting few ships)!

We know from the example of Junk Fighter that what happens when you make specs. public of an undeveloped a/c, now the whole world knows how pathetic is Junk Fighter-17, as we can find pakistan begging from one corner to another, asking for soft-loans from avionic companies (and their respective countries) to provide them with latest radar, avionics, rwr et al. This has exposed Chinese quality once again.

I doubt, China would ever disclose specs of its inferior products and enter the international markets, if they ever do so, they may be asked to pit their products against the worlds latest and they know they cannot compete. China would Stand exposed in a competition such as MMRCA. So, they will remain a market for beggar pakistanis and other failed states, who beg US for Dollars in exchange for their mercenary work and China would carry on with their own R&D side by side!

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I dont know why they need Chinese when they bought the SAAB Erieye already!! I wonder how much more better the Chinese crud can be.

Notice that the Pakistani Version is a turboprop and not a jet like others. Looks like the PAF wants to save costs by operating on Turboprops.The speed of Saab-2000 is 650km/h not to slow compared to Jets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erieye

Last edited:
Country flag

and last thing we should not under-estimate our enemy what ever they are making one day they would master it so its would be better if master before them

Chinese make tall claims and have yet to prove most of them.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
lol..Am i reading this correctly?! The service ceiling of the Y-8 is only 10,000 feet compared to other turboprops which go up to 30,000feet!!! At 10,000ft i cant imagine what range its Radar would have adding to the fact it cant even go across the Himalayas with that Idli dish on its head!! :happy_2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaanxi_Y-8

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
PD is outdated. USAF is using it just because Yankee's poor finance can not afford a prompt replacement.

Yankee's manufactureing capacity declines so much that its economy become hole. So, any industry product made by Yankee hole economy ,including weapons, become so expensive that even Yankees can not afford it.
Badguy...you are telling Pulse doppler is outdated technology...what is the latest technology used by the Chinese Radar in the KJ 200 and the KJ 2000?

Last edited:

smartindian

Country flag
lol..Am i reading this correctly?! The service ceiling of the Y-8 is only 10,000 feet compared to other turboprops which go up to 30,000feet!!! At 10,000ft i cant imagine what range its Radar would have adding to the fact it cant even go across the Himalayas with that Idli dish on its head!! :happy_2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaanxi_Y-8
my dear friend it 10,400mts it not 10,000 fts , we should never under estimate our enemy

badguy2000

Respected Member
Badguy...you are telling Pulse doppler is outdated technology...what is the latest technology used by the Chinese Radar in the KJ 200 and the KJ 2000?
It is widely reported in CHina that both use AESA.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles