China Plays Bully

SPIEZ

Country flag
They're doing well. Mr. Tony Fernandes is the most promisnent ethnic Indian (civilian) as he is the owner of the biggest budget airline in Asia, Air Asia. You think he would reach the level of his success if he is hidng or oppressed in Malaysia?
Good to hear that, I had no idea who Mr.Fernandes was originally !

amoy

Neither did I. The name Tony Fernandes sounds Hispanic. It's really cheap to fly Air Asia

SPIEZ

Country flag
Who told you this? WE are proud of being the microcosm of Asia: "Malaysia truly Asia." First rule in product marketing, your ad must be truthful to your product. How can tourists from around the World continue to believe us when they see there is a major disconnect between what have been feed to them in media to realities on the ground?
After a violent conflict in Penang between Hindus and Muslims in March 1998, the government announced a nationwide review of unlicensed Hindu temples and shrines. However, implementation was not vigorous and the program was not a subject of public debate.
Between April to May 2006, several Hindu temples were demolished by city hall authorities in the country, accompanied by violence against Hindus.[SUP][6][/SUP] On April 21, 2006, the Malaimel Sri Selva Kaliamman Temple in Kuala Lumpur was reduced to rubble after the city hall sent in bulldozers.[SUP][7][/SUP] The authorities' excuse was that these temples were unlicensed and squatting on government land.
The president of the Consumers Association of Subang and Shah Alam in Selangor had been helping to organise efforts to stop the local authorities in the Muslim dominated city of Shah Alam from demolishing a 107-year-old Hindu temple. The growing Islamization in Malaysia is a cause for concern to many Malaysians who follow minority religions such as Hinduism.[SUP][8][/SUP]
On May 11, 2006, armed city hall officers from Kuala Lumpur forcefully demolished part of a 90-year-old suburban temple that serves more than 3,000 Hindus. The "Hindu Rights Action Force", a coalition of several NGO's, have protested these demolitions by lodging complaints with the Malaysian Prime Minister.[SUP][9][/SUP]
HINDRAF chairman, Waytha Moorthy Ponnusamy, said:
"...These state atrocities are committed against the most underprivileged and powerless sector of the Hindu society in Malaysia. We appeal that this Hindu temple and all other Hindu temples in Malaysia are not indiscriminately and unlawfully demolished[SUP][9][/SUP]
Many Hindu advocacy groups have protested what they allege is a systematic plan of temple cleansing in Malaysia. The official reason given by the Malaysian government has been that the temples were built "illegally". However, several of the temples are centuries old.[SUP][9][/SUP]
According to a lawyer for the Hindu Rights Action Task Force, a Hindu temple is demolished in Malaysia once every three weeks.[SUP][10][/SUP]
In 2007, Malaysian Hindu organizations protested the destruction of Hindu temples by the Malaysian regime. On October 30, 2007 the 100-year-old Maha Mariamman Temple in Padang Jawa was demolished by Malaysian authorities. Following that demolition, Works Minister and head of the Malaysian Indian Congress Samy Vellu, who is of Indian origin, said that Hindu temples built on government land were still being demolished despite his appeals to the various state chief ministers.
Such temple destructions in Malaysia have been reported by the Hindu American Foundation.[SUP][11][/SUP]
HAF notes that the Government of Malaysia Restricts Freedom of Peaceful Assembly and Association contrary to Article 20 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) and Article 10 of the Malaysian Federal Constitution, and that the application filed by Malaysian Hindus to hold gatherings have been arbitrarily denied by the police. The Government has also tried to suppress a campaign launched by an NGO, the Hindu Rights Action Force (HINDRAF) to obtain 100,000 signatures in support of a civil suit against the Government of United Kingdom.[SUP][11][/SUP] HINDRAF has accused the Malaysian government of intimidating and instilling fear in the Indian community.[SUP][12][/SUP]
The Hindraf rally prompted the Malaysian government to open dialogue with various Indian and Hindu organizations like the Malaysia Hindu Council, Malaysia Hindudharma Mamandram, and Malaysian Indian Youth Council (MIYC) to address the misgivings of the Indian community.[SUP][13][/SUP] HINDRAF itself has been excluded from these talks and no significant changes have resulted from the discussions.
Heard about oppression of other religions from online article and that this is leading to a great problem. But nice to hear that they are actually doing well.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Things like these will happen in a multi-ethnic society. Blame it on wacko religious bigots (every country has them even India). But it has never been the government policy to stematically purge ethnic Indians. You cannot really do that if everywhere you look reminds you of the immense influence of ethnic Indians to the country.

Reactions: NTB

SPIEZ

Country flag
It's bad in India but there are many more countries were it's further worse.

As I said, very happy to know ethnic Indians are doing well.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Neither did I. The name Tony Fernandes sounds Hispanic. It's really cheap to fly Air Asia
Because his father is of Portugese descent. You see in South East Asia you get to mix and match people from different ethnic backgrounds. Chinese to Malays, Indians to Malays, Malays to Europeans, Chinese to Europeans, it's amazingly confused.

Former PM Mahathir allowed him to purchase in 2001 what was then losing airline company Air Asia for 26 cents (2 737s). The rest is history.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
i believe such activities by China could lead to formation of a new alliance in Asia Pacific lead by India primarily to counter China.....This is evident from the recent meetings between the defence chiefs of India and many pacific countries.....
Lead by India? You must be kidding me!

How much clout does India have over South East Asia? Close to zero. All India is doing in that region is jumping on the boat steered by America,

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lead by India? You mus be kidding me!

How much clout does India have over South East Asia? Close to zero. All India is doing in that region is jumping on the boat steered by America,

I agree. India cannot lead in the Pacific area (SEA). The US is omnipresent there, Japan cannot be treated as third fiddle, the same thing with South Korea. I mean that area is crawling with exceptionally capable countries that would bow to no one but the US. However, India would be welcome as a ceremonial partner by Asian Pacific countries.

Illusive

Country flag

Agree, India doesn't have a big clout yet. For me, our goal should be keeping China restricted to SCS, US plays an imp role here and I would like it to remain that way. Help Vietnam build a powerful navy to keep IOR free from Chinese interference.

Reactions: NTB

NTB

Once day atleast I hope, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philipine stand up together as a pact, I afraid that China will be shaken. And if Japan, Korea [noth-south], Myanma, Lao's, Cambodia join together then ... China will be a Clusterfuck.

NTB

Pacific Asia Sea is belong for SEA and that a precious treasure for SEA nations. SEA never ask Chia permission Before and not for After. U shape from China is only for ignorance/arrogance for Chinese politicians.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Once day atleast I hope, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Philipine stand up together as a pact, I afraid that China will be shaken. And if Japan, Korea [noth-south], Myanma, Lao's, Cambodia join together then ... China will be a Clusterfuck.

We already have a pact, it's called Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN). This has been in existence since the 1960s but did not get much attention since the member countries were not very important until now. At the moment this association is still mainly centered around economics with little politics since members have agreed as core value not to interefere in each other's internal affairs. But every now and then security matters creep up into the agenda.

Expect our association to gain more importance in the next 10-20 years as South East Asian countries mature economically.

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pacific Asia Sea is belong for SEA and that a precious treasure for SEA nations. SEA never ask Chia permission Before and not for After. U shape from China is only for ignorance/arrogance for Chinese politicians.
We went to war with UN when we was weaker. Now, u need more nations together to fight with us.LOL

NTB

We went to war with UN when we was weaker. Now, u need more nations together to fight with us.LOL
Believe me, if worst case happened, SEA will tear China apart and in return Vietnam will a big Clusterfuck from China. If VN sacrifice for the rest of pact that the way its should be and that the way pact hunted.

The main targets from China is Shanghai, Macao, Hongkong, Hainan and ambush all China commercial ships trough out Malaica. We dead China will be history.Tibet will free, Iner Mongolia, Manchuria will split, Taiwan will take control. Tit for tat for China bully.

That matter I did not count for India on West China, and if China using nukes then ..... its more bad damage for China.

Last edited:

niceguy2011

Tihar Jail
Banned
How u attack Shanghai? How can you stop PLA go into Viet?LOL
Ambush? Who will ambush ? Dead viets?LOL

Believe me, if worst case happened, SEA will tear China apart and in return Vietnam will a big Clusterfuck from China. If VN sacrifice for the rest of pact that the way its should be and that the way pact hunted.

The main targets from China is Shanghai, Macao, Hongkong, Hainan and ambush all China commercial ships trough out Malaica. We dead China will be history.Tibet will free, Iner Mongolia, Manchuria will split, Taiwan will take control. Tit for tat for China bully.

That matter I did not count for India on West China, and if China using nukes then ..... its more bad damage for China.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If India wants to play a dominant role in Asia it has to do what the US id doing, promote free trade and carry a big stick. We don't like very much regional power competition (power politics) and countries obsessed with power (China), we want stability/tranquility. The only think we want in Asia is to make our lives better. We have no illusions of grandeur. But we would not take brash aggressiveness too lightly either.

kickok1975

Nothing personal, but your post does sound childish. Vietnam should learn how to get along with fellow SEA members first. They don't have too much trust on Vietnam yet. Besides, China is probably thought as enemy by some Vietnamese, philipino, but not common enemy for all SEA countries. You should get your facts straight.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
So in the meantime, is the leadership of North Korea sitting by thinking of how to best prosper if hostilities break out among the other countries discussed here? KN does not seem to come up in the conversation, and I am seeing no KN flag on DFI. Did I miss anything?

SADAKHUSH

Country flag

India is just getting its feet wet in the region, I would like to assure you that we are moving in the right direction and we like the way it is going for now as long as China is not steering our boat. What the hell is your problem? If you want oil and gas, do it in your own territory or else face the consequences of bully tactics. It does not work in the long run.

Ever since formation of your nation, PLA and your communist leaders have been engaged in long unresolved boundary disputes with its neighbour. Your leadership projects its internal problems outwards whether it is North Korea and South Korea or at one time North Vietnam and South Vietnam or India and Pakistan dispute at the present time. You are asking for trouble which will cost your nation dearly. At the end of the day you wont be left with any boat to jump in.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
How u attack Shanghai? How can you stop PLA go into Viet?LOL
Ambush? Who will ambush ? Dead viets?LOL
Do you remember the Viet Kong fighters? I have given them the order to dig tunnels under your territory so that we can place huge crackers to rock Beijing and Shanghai together. We will open the front on the Tibet border and do a damage so that you are crippled for next 100 years.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles