China plans to launch new lunar probe in 2017

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

BEIJING – China said Monday its plan to launch its fifth lunar probe in 2017 with the aim of bringing lunar soil and rock samples to Earth was on track after a successful moon landing of another space probe over the weekend.

The Chang'e 5 mission would mark the third and final phase of China's robotic lunar exploration program and pave the way for possibly landing an astronaut on the moon after 2020.

"Phase three will be a difficult task," said Wu Zhijian, spokesman for the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense. They will have to master technologies to enable the probe to package samples and take off from the moon, and the high-speed re-entry technology that will allow it to return to Earth, Wu said.

On Saturday, Chang'e 3 landed on the moon, marking the first soft landing of a space probe on the moon's surface in 37 years. The landing vehicle will conduct scientific examinations of the landing site for a year and the rover will move about and survey the moon's structure and look for natural resources.

On Sunday, the Chang'e 3's separated landing vehicle and rover took photos of each other for about a minute, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. The color images transmitted back to Earth showed the Chinese flag on the Yutu, or "Jade Rabbit" rover, named after a mythological creature.

Xinhua said the two will have more chances in the coming days to take photos of each other at different angles.

President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang were at the Beijing Aerospace Control Center to hear lunar program chief commander Ma Xingrui declare the Chang'e 3 mission a success, Xinhua reported.

In a congratulatory message, the Communist Party's central committee, the State Council or China's Cabinet, and the Central Military Commission hailed the mission as a "milestone" in the development of China's space programs, a "new glory" in Chinese explorations and the "outstanding contribution" of China in mankind's peaceful use of space, Xinhua said.

The Chang'e 3 landed on a relatively flat part of the moon known as Sinus Iridum, or the Bay of Rainbows, on Saturday evening, making China the third country to achieve such a landing after the former Soviet Union and United States.

The Chang'e 3 mission is named after a mythical Chinese goddess of the moon and the Yutu rover, or "Jade Rabbit" in English, is the goddess' pet.

Chang'e 4 is intended to be an improved version of the Chang'e 3 that will pave the way for the fifth probe.

China's military-backed space program has made methodical progress in a relatively short time, although it lags far behind the United States and Russia in technology and experience.

China plans to launch new lunar probe in 2017 | Fox News

Great.

But the only concern that one may have is that soon they will whip out a manufactured map indicating some Chinese named Hu Flung Up in the went to the Moon during the 'X' Century and it was a part of the Qing Dynasty and hence, belongs to China!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
From the article:

The space program's close military links have raised questions about its ultimate intentions and dissuaded other countries from cooperating too closely with it. In 2007, the military shot down a defunct weather satellite in an apparent show of force that created a large amount of debris imperiling other spacecraft.
Chinese military are blockheads. They care not for science.

nimo_cn

Country flag

BEIJING – China said Monday its plan to launch its fifth lunar probe in 2017 with the aim of bringing lunar soil and rock samples to Earth was on track after a successful moon landing of another space probe over the weekend.

The Chang'e 5 mission would mark the third and final phase of China's robotic lunar exploration program and pave the way for possibly landing an astronaut on the moon after 2020.

"Phase three will be a difficult task," said Wu Zhijian, spokesman for the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense. They will have to master technologies to enable the probe to package samples and take off from the moon, and the high-speed re-entry technology that will allow it to return to Earth, Wu said.

On Saturday, Chang'e 3 landed on the moon, marking the first soft landing of a space probe on the moon's surface in 37 years. The landing vehicle will conduct scientific examinations of the landing site for a year and the rover will move about and survey the moon's structure and look for natural resources.

On Sunday, the Chang'e 3's separated landing vehicle and rover took photos of each other for about a minute, the official Xinhua News Agency reported. The color images transmitted back to Earth showed the Chinese flag on the Yutu, or "Jade Rabbit" rover, named after a mythological creature.

Xinhua said the two will have more chances in the coming days to take photos of each other at different angles.

President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang were at the Beijing Aerospace Control Center to hear lunar program chief commander Ma Xingrui declare the Chang'e 3 mission a success, Xinhua reported.

In a congratulatory message, the Communist Party's central committee, the State Council or China's Cabinet, and the Central Military Commission hailed the mission as a "milestone" in the development of China's space programs, a "new glory" in Chinese explorations and the "outstanding contribution" of China in mankind's peaceful use of space, Xinhua said.

The Chang'e 3 landed on a relatively flat part of the moon known as Sinus Iridum, or the Bay of Rainbows, on Saturday evening, making China the third country to achieve such a landing after the former Soviet Union and United States.

The Chang'e 3 mission is named after a mythical Chinese goddess of the moon and the Yutu rover, or "Jade Rabbit" in English, is the goddess' pet.

Chang'e 4 is intended to be an improved version of the Chang'e 3 that will pave the way for the fifth probe.

China's military-backed space program has made methodical progress in a relatively short time, although it lags far behind the United States and Russia in technology and experience.

China plans to launch new lunar probe in 2017 | Fox News

Great.

But the only concern that one may have is that soon they will whip out a manufactured map indicating some Chinese named Hu Flung Up in the went to the Moon during the 'X' Century and it was a part of the Qing Dynasty and hence, belongs to China!
not really.

the future Chinese are gonna claim the moon for what Chinese are doing today.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
not really.

Bully for CHinba.

They have already claimed the world as theirs without any justifiable facts!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Bully for CHinba.

They have already claimed the world as theirs without any justifiable facts!
I believe centuries from now when Chinese claim the moon, you Indians are still having that whinning attitude.

bose

Country flag
I believe centuries from now when Chinese claim the moon, you Indians are still having that whinning attitude.

The moon was part of which Chinese dynasty rule ??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The only thing left for China to do is claim they sent a probe to the moon in the 12th century with some fake lunar maps :troll:

nimo_cn

Country flag

please refer to my first post.

nimo_cn

Country flag
The only thing left for China to do is claim they sent a probe to the moon in the 12th century with some fake lunar maps :troll:
given India is unable to soft land a probe on the moon so far, that is what you Indians are most likely to do.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Really?

Which Moon are you living in these says?

Moonstruck with Moonshine?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Really?

Which Moon are you living in these says?

Moonstruck with Moonshine?
Gradually we will, what Chinese are doing today is the beginning of that goal.

It is very likely that Chinese are going to live on the moon before Indians.

I may not live that long to see Chinese colonizing the moon. But I can imagine what it's gonna be like when the future Chinese show the picture of YuTu rover to the future Indians, proving to them that Chinese activities on the moon go back to December 2013, the future Indians' responses are gonna be exactly what we are witnessing here, dismissing that picture as a fake one.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why not China can move out to moon asap.....
Because that doesnt make any sense to move out of the earth. We will live both on the moon and on the earth.

By the way, your incorrect grammar may lead English learners like me to the wrong direction, please refrain yourself from making such idiotic grammar error.

Illusive

Country flag
This so called Asian space race is like the tale of Hare and the Tortoise, only in this case the hare is not going to sleep for the tortoise.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
not really.

You posted over a day ago that contact was lost with Jade Rabbit and the show was over. What are you saying today?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
important point is that we too need to change our focus from mars etc

to the moon - it's closer and gives faster results - faster feedback and learning curve

we will have to wait months before we get tiny piece-meal info from our long-range mars probe

bose

Country flag
Because that doesnt make any sense to move out of the earth. We will live both on the moon and on the earth.

By the way, your incorrect grammar may lead English learners like me to the wrong direction, please refrain yourself from making such idiotic grammar error.

How about moving Moon into earth ??

Eastman

Country flag

I believe you understood it,and that is enough,
btw you wont need to learn English once you move out to Peoples Republic of Moona :troll:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles