China pins faith on electric cars and high-speed trains to revive slowing economy

amoy

If all of this are true then why does your Government still hold control over Yuan and manipulate it as per the market situation ?
oooops manipulate... then u'd better back your accusation with something solid. or truth is EVERY country controls / manipulates their currency one way or another especially US$. there're many competent economists on DFI to shed light on this .

Below examples of major economies ~ US Japan and EU for your ref.
The Reserve Banks of Eurozone and Japan are printing excessive money due to which their currency is being devalued. On the other hand, US Fed has shown signs to end their stimulus (Stimulus is a plan devised by the central banks to counter a weak economy by jump starting it. During stimulus a government takes unprecedented actions such as lowering interest rates, increasing government spending and quantitative easingso as to put some life in the struggling economy. The side effect includes weakening of currency) .

Hence, making the US dollar stronger against the other currencies including the Indian rupee, at least in the short term.
~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~

nimo_cn

Country flag
China will not be able to make a battery that could compete with
companies like Tesla Or Toyota hydrogen fuelled cars.
People would not spend money on a big ticket item like
A car made in China.
then whoever is able to do that, it's not gonna be India.

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

I_PLAY_BAD

oooops manipulate... then u'd better back your accusation with something solid. or truth is EVERY country controls / manipulates their currency one way or another especially US$. there're many competent economists on DFI to shed light on this .

Below examples of major economies ~ US Japan and EU for your ref.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~
I have never ever heard of a BS response like this.

If you have enough evidence to counter my point then provide it.
If you don't, just remain calm and agree the fact. Don't jump in to mud slinging mode and blame other countries.
No other country in the world is manipulating their currency as China did/does/will do.
The recent tensions between US and China can be credited to China's currency manipulations to favor its domestic manufacturers who can export/sell their goods for more competitive rates.
That is the actual reason behind China's massive GDP figures.
If your Government is doing it for the welfare of its populace then that is 'okay'. Agree to it gracefully.

But rather your response was the cheapest one I have heard. Driven by Denial, Glided by Guilt !!!

I_PLAY_BAD

then whoever is able to do that, it's not gonna be India.

Stop boasting that China is an high-tech economy or the glacier of innovation.
It is not. You guys are just another Asian country who copied from the West which you proudly call reverse-engineering. And, you did that quiet good. But there are some restrictions on that.
There are several things which won't come just by copying.
We did not say we will....It is the Chinese's panic and frustration that India might and
that is clear in the stellar display of your reply.

amoy

I have never ever heard of a BS response like this.

If you have enough evidence to counter my point then provide it.
If you don't, just remain calm and agree the fact. Don't jump in to mud slinging mode and blame other countries.
No other country in the world is manipulating their currency as China did/does/will do.
The recent tensions between US and China can be credited to China's currency manipulations to favor its domestic manufacturers who can export/sell their goods for more competitive rates.
That is the actual reason behind China's massive GDP figures.
If your Government is doing it for the welfare of its populace then that is 'okay'. Agree to it gracefully.

But rather your response was the cheapest one I have heard. Driven by Denial, Glided by Guilt !!!
Haha u never learn that's why u live in a denial mode ~ US Japan and EU owe u BIG thanks for your tireless defenCE of their currency manipulation.

Your RBI even would intervene in the forex market too to arrest volatility. Call it manipulation pls as it is.

Or u just another polyanna, too simple sometimes naive to assume there're states who would leave their currencies laissez faire.

Okay, stop such holier-than-thee BS.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

nimo_cn

Country flag
Stop boasting that China is an high-tech economy or the glacier of innovation.
It is not. You guys are just another Asian country who copied from the West which you proudly call reverse-engineering. And, you did that quiet good. But there are some restrictions on that.
There are several things which won't come just by copying.
We did not say we will....It is the Chinese's panic and frustration that India might and
that is clear in the stellar display of your reply.
an indian poster ridiculed Chinese made batteries, then I must fight back.

I have to bring India into the argument, because my counterparts are indians. between Chinese and indians, we should talk about Chinese batteries and indian batteries, why are indian posters bringing up Japanese batteries or American batteries into the discussion?

whenever you guys try to run down the quality of Chinese products, you people compare Chinese products to western products, not a single time to indian products. because you people are simply unconfident with your products, and you should be.

try making some decent batteries first, then tell me about panic.

I_PLAY_BAD

an indian poster ridiculed Chinese made batteries, then I must fight back.

I have to bring India into the argument, because my counterparts are indians. between Chinese and indians, we should talk about Chinese batteries and indian batteries, why are indian posters bringing up Japanese batteries or American batteries into the discussion?

whenever you guys try to run down the quality of Chinese products, you people compare Chinese products to western products, not a single time to indian products. because you people are simply unconfident with your products, and you should be.

try making some decent batteries first, then tell me about panic.

It is not that we produce cheap quality products. We haven't started producing yet.

From a consumer's point of view Chinese products are of low cost and cheap quality. I am a consumer and I am free to say that.

Chinese products have the worst quality I have ever seen and you have built your nation with that quality as a base. Lets see what is in the kitty for the future.

Last edited:

I_PLAY_BAD

Haha u never learn that's why u live in a denial mode ~ US Japan and EU owe u BIG thanks for your tireless defenCE of their currency manipulation.

Your RBI even would intervene in the forex market too to arrest volatility. Call it manipulation pls as it is.

Or u just another polyanna, too simple sometimes naive to assume there're states who would leave their currencies laissez faire.

Okay, stop such holier-than-thee BS.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk
I understand you are not an economic expert. Your reply shows it.

Coming to the point, do you even know the role of central bank?
RBI jumping into forex and manipulating. I think China does it. India doesn't do that. The weakening rupee against the dollar is a testimony for that.

Check Yuan. You guys de-valued it recently. That was the largest Yuan depreciation in two years. Was Chinese economy growing vigorously while the USs' was flagging mama ? A big no!
You guys were manipulating Yuan.
Now if you understand all these well and good. If not and you still want to bury your head under the sand, fine!

Yumdoot

People compare what they use. Indian markets have all kinds of products. For the time being our manufacturing is not upto the par. For which you Chinese should be thankful to US which has financed your persistent 6% currency manipulation.

Anyhow looks like both the Chinese and Americans have run out of the sky, which was to be the only thing limiting them.

I remember some 3/4 years back an Indian and a Chinese were arguing rather betting about which way the 5 year running average of economic growth would lie, at about this point in time. That time it was not as clear as it is today. :p Best of luck. You are going to need it.

no smoking

Country flag
You might be thinking so but I have seen many Chinese fan boys in other forums speaking about 'easily' taking over the US. Pretty day dreaming that, I would say.
Well, did any one of them speaking about "US allowing China to take over", you may disagree how "easily" could be.

Central asian countries, South Africa, Brazil, Canada, All Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland), UK, Spain, Portugal. Enough ?
These countries had no or very less conflicts in the recent past.
Except UK and Spain, has any of your list grown into the level that enough to change the balance of the region?

If we look at UK and Spain, do I need to give you more history lessons?

Cuba was massaging Russia
Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba–United_States_relations

Quote: "The Teller Amendment of 1898 prohibited the outright annexation of Cuba. The United States agreed to withdraw its troops from Cuba provided that Cuba agreed to the Platt Amendment, an amendment to the 1901 Army Appropriations Act by Connecticut Republican Senator Orville H. Platt, which would allow the United States to intervene in Cuban affairs if needed for the maintenance of good government, and committed Cuba to lease to the U.S. land for naval bases. The Cuban-American Treaty leased to the United States the southern portion of Guantánamo Bay, where a United States Naval Station had been established in 1898. The Platt Amendment defined the terms of Cuban-U.S. relations for the following 33 years and was bitterly resented by the majority of Cubans.[citation needed]"

Wait, where was Russians in 1898?

Mexico gave troubles through illegal immigrants, drug mafia etc.
Really?
What about Texas?

Except Colombia which South American country had direct conflict with the USA ?
Really? don't you know about "Monroe Doctrine"? banana wars? Pinochet of Chile?

Canada ?!?!? Don't joke.
Does 1812 war ring a bell to you?

no smoking

Country flag
I understand you are not an economic expert. Your reply shows it.

Coming to the point, do you even know the role of central bank?
RBI jumping into forex and manipulating. I think China does it. India doesn't do that. The weakening rupee against the dollar is a testimony for that.
India doesn't do that or India has no ability to do that?

Yes, for country with double deficit, weakening rupee against the dollar is a big saving to India. Guess what, Indian rupee has been depreciating since
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_historical_exchange_rates_to_the_india_rupee

Check Yuan. You guys de-valued it recently. That was the largest Yuan depreciation in two years. Was Chinese economy growing vigorously while the USs' was flagging mama ? A big no!
Well, since Yuan appreciated more than 30% in the past 10 years, which was already a little bit over her true value, why surprise at a depreciation?

Did anyone say Chinese economy is growing vigorously now?

You guys were manipulating Yuan. /QUOTE]

Who doesn't?

Now if you understand all these well and good. If not and you still want to bury your head under the sand, fine!
Well, it looks like you just don't understand all these at all.

no smoking

Country flag
I remember some 3/4 years back an Indian and a Chinese were arguing rather betting about which way the 5 year running average of economic growth would lie, at about this point in time. That time it was not as clear as it is today. :p Best of luck. You are going to need it.
No, you are the one really need that. We are already 10 trillion dollars economy, we are suppose to slow down.
But India, my friend, still has a long way to go. Remember last time, you were so close before felling down.
Wish you better luck this time. :p

nimo_cn

Country flag
It is not that we produce cheap quality products. We haven't started producing yet.

From a consumer's point of view Chinese products are of low cost and cheap quality. I am a consumer and I am free to say that.

Chinese products have the worst quality I have ever seen and you have built your nation with that quality as a base. Lets see what is in the kitty for the future.
the thing here is that you cant produce, your manufacturing industry is a shithole, and you have to import from China.

for those who complain about qualities of Chinese products, I would say the blame lies with the indian customers who want everything cheap, you pay what you get.

Chinese products are cost effective, at the same price, Chinese products are always better ones, that is why made in China could sweep indian market.

this is not a producer-consumer conversation, we are not here collecting customer feedbacks. if you are unhappy with Chinese products, simply stop buying.

but do not attempt to discount Chinese manufacturing ability, because you are not qualified, you cant even manufacture.

no smoking

Country flag
No, you have been producing for quite long time. But when Chinese products come in, your countrymen just choose these Chinese products immediately.

And your countrymen say differently with free wll.

When these Chinese products with "Worst quality" are flooding your market, that means your countrymen have seen quite a lot Indian products with even worse quality.

I_PLAY_BAD

Well, did any one of them speaking about "US allowing China to take over", you may disagree how "easily" could be.

Except UK and Spain, has any of your list grown into the level that enough to change the balance of the region?

If we look at UK and Spain, do I need to give you more history lessons?

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuba–United_States_relations

Quote: "The Teller Amendment of 1898 prohibited the outright annexation of Cuba. The United States agreed to withdraw its troops from Cuba provided that Cuba agreed to the Platt Amendment, an amendment to the 1901 Army Appropriations Act by Connecticut Republican Senator Orville H. Platt, which would allow the United States to intervene in Cuban affairs if needed for the maintenance of good government, and committed Cuba to lease to the U.S. land for naval bases. The Cuban-American Treaty leased to the United States the southern portion of Guantánamo Bay, where a United States Naval Station had been established in 1898. The Platt Amendment defined the terms of Cuban-U.S. relations for the following 33 years and was bitterly resented by the majority of Cubans.[citation needed]"

Wait, where was Russians in 1898?

Really?
What about Texas?

Really? don't you know about "Monroe Doctrine"? banana wars? Pinochet of Chile?

Does 1812 war ring a bell to you?
Come on....What you are stating are examples of pre-world war eras.
USA was not a developed country those.
When I said recent history it meant the last 50 years.
In the last 50 years has the USA pummeled any nation which was minding its own business ?
USA interfering in Middle-east is the only act I see as predatory.
Otherwise I have no complaints on US.

It is not about USA is allowing or not allowing.
It is all about china attempting to overtake USA and take it on.
It very well does and the actions are in stellar display for the world to see.
There is no denying it even if you give me a 1000 line response.

I_PLAY_BAD

India doesn't do that or India has no ability to do that?

Yes, for country with double deficit, weakening rupee against the dollar is a big saving to India. Guess what, Indian rupee has been depreciating since
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_historical_exchange_rates_to_the_india_rupee

Well, since Yuan appreciated more than 30% in the past 10 years, which was already a little bit over her true value, why surprise at a depreciation?

Did anyone say Chinese economy is growing vigorously now?
RBI cannot do that. RBI can at the most influence the inflation and interest rates.
Manipulating forex is beyond its power. You will understand it if you have a better understanding about how Indian economy works.

Yumdoot

No, you are the one really need that. We are already 10 trillion dollars economy, we are suppose to slow down.
But India, my friend, still has a long way to go. Remember last time, you were so close before felling down.
Wish you better luck this time. :p
Oh! Thank you.

I can never refuse some more good luck wishes.

But the incident I narrated in my post #31 was not fake. It really did happen on one of the other forums. And even at that time I knew the situation we see today is coming. Similarly what you see me doing today is a reflection of what I know is coming.

What is true is getting apparent. You people have missed the sky, the limit you had set for yourself, while we have not even started exerting yet:

amoy

Chinese Group, U.S. Firm Agree to Build Bullet Train Line from LA to Las Vegas
Work on the 370 kilometer, US$ 12.7 billion project to begin in September next year at the earliest

RELATED POSTS

(Beijing) – A Chinese consortium led by China Railway Corp. (CRC) has teamed up with an American railroad company to build a bullet train line linking the U.S. cities of Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

The project is the first high-speed rail project involving Chinese companies in the United States, one member of the consortium said.

The cooperation was announced on September 17 by the Central Leading Group on Financial and Economic Affairs, the Communist Party's top business and economic decision-making body. The group is led by party general secretary Xi Jinping.

China Railway International USA, a firm established in June by a consortium of Chinese rail companies, said it signed an agreement with XpressWest, a private rail company in the U.S. state of Nevada, on August 13 to form a joint venture that will build and operate a 370 kilometer bullet train link from Los Angles to Las Vegas, a gambling and resort destination. The project is expected to cost US$ 12.7 billion.

Work will begin in September 2016 at the earliest, the announcement said.

The bullet trains will have top speeds of 300 kph, people close to the deal said.

The consortium includes the CRC subsidiary China Railway International; China Railway Group Ltd.; and CRRC Qingdao Sifang Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of China Railway Rolling Stock Corp. (CRRC), a statement from XpressWest and China Railway International USA said.

The deal, which requires the permission of the U.S. government, would be the first bullet train project built by a Chinese firm in the United States, CRRC said on Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter.

The initial investment will total US$ 100 million, the statement said. The decision to form a joint venture took years, it added.

The CRC views China Railway International USA an important part of its plan to expand abroad, a CRC employee said.

In January, a consortium led by the then China CNR Corp. Ltd., which has been merged with a competitor to form the CRRC, won a US$ 4.1 billion contract to build cars for Boston's subway network.

Beijing has been eager to see its Chinese rail companies enter foreign markets. Premier Li Keqiang has promoted the country's rail capabilities on many visits abroad. In September, China and Thailand agreed on the outlines for a rail project. However, a line linking Indonesia's capital, Jakarta, and its third-largest city, Bandung, that Chinese companies had bid for was canceled this month when the country said it wanted slower trains instead.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles